Group Legend Positioning

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Thijs_W

Re: Group Legend Positioning

Post by Thijs_W »

CoC wrote:Yes, Installed tested and working on RC6.
And as for RC7? :lol:
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

It will work on RC7 if it works on RC6.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.
sibo

Post by sibo »

good mods
• Älliance cKy
SenseSei

Post by SenseSei »

Hi,

i edited all named Files but after uploading them to my forum, i'm getting this Error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2661: debug_backtrace() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2664: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Allgemeiner Fehler
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'group_legend_pos' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT group_id, group_name, group_colour, group_type, group_legend_pos FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_legend = 1 ORDER BY group_legend_pos ASC

BACKTRACE
i have no idea, what went wrong..

Edit:
After a Rollback everything works fine.
But i have a question about one Line:
Find:
$test_variables = array('rank', 'colour', 'avatar', 'avatar_type', 'avatar_width', 'avatar_height', 'receive_pm', 'legend', 'message_limit'
Add After:

$test_variables[] = 'legend_pos';
By me the line to find looks so:

$test_variables = array('rank', 'colour', 'avatar', 'avatar_type', 'avatar_width', 'avatar_height', 'receive_pm', 'legend', 'message_limit' , 'founder_manage');
should i add the code after the 'founder_manage' in a new line? oder between this code?
I'm unsure..
CoC

Post by CoC »

Add after
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.
So it looks like -

$test_variables = array('rank', 'colour', 'avatar', 'avatar_type', 'avatar_width', 'avatar_height', 'receive_pm', 'legend', 'message_limit', 'founder_manage');
                        $test_variables[] = 'legend_pos'; 
SenseSei

Post by SenseSei »

Thank you :D
IHMUN

Post by IHMUN »

I thought up a good idea to be implemented on the next version:

Instead of choosing which by legend position for a group to assume in the group options, why not make another column on the tables on the group management page of the ACP which will have arrows pointing up or down depending on it's current position, similar to how you would change the forum positioning.

Hope you like the idea,
I Hate My User Name.
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

There's already one like that on phpBBhacks.com, the mod author is Aslan(I believe). All of a sudden after one month of using it, I made a change to something forum related. And my legend all of a sudden was jumbled. Also I couldn't move two of the groups. The groups position between them couldn't move above or below those two. It reminded me of the problem SimpleSubforums was having. In fact while I was deleting it's table from phpmyadmin, I noticed it even resembled the problem that SimpleSubforums had about moving forums up and down. I'd personally stick with the current method.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

great mod! thank you. RC7.
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

Hi Coc.

Any plans on having some modifications so that you can control how they appear in the Usergroups in the UCP? I'd really like to have that ability as well.
Hunter_wow

Post by Hunter_wow »

Hello. This MOD looks to handle the groups more nice if I understand it correct? What I would like to know is if it makes it possible to put a registred user into a specific group depending on the choices when register.
Example: Into the register screen have a box "Platform" where the user choose Computer, PSP, PS2, Wii....

The goal of this would be to give the user a "group" avatar right after registration is complete.
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

Hunter_wow wrote:Hello. This MOD looks to handle the groups more nice if I understand it correct? What I would like to know is if it makes it possible to put a registred user into a specific group depending on the choices when register.
Example: Into the register screen have a box "Platform" where the user choose Computer, PSP, PS2, Wii....

The goal of this would be to give the user a "group" avatar right after registration is complete.

From what I see in the mod, when a registered user is created, their default group is "registered user." It is up to the mod/admin to add them into another group, and then manually set their default group. A user can be in more than one group, but only be in one default group.

For example, a registered user can become a mod, if you add them into the mod group and then set their default group to mod. If you dont change their default, then they still have regular user permissions.

If you have groups like PSP, PS2..... then you can move a user from Registered into their catagory, and then remove them from the registered user group. just be sure that the new group u put them in, have the correct permissions u want available for them.
Hunter_wow

Post by Hunter_wow »

ok, thanks. But as long there is no MOD who can do it for me I just put it aside. I will not waste my time to make individual user settings :|
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

You wouldn't be setting user settings on each and every member. You would create settings for each of your groups: PSP, PS2, etc... but what you do have to do manually, is just add them to a group, and remove them from the registered user group (assuming that your PSP group has the same permissions as a reg user).
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Group Legend Positioning

Post by Highway of Life »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.2
See first post for Download Link
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”