Group Legend Positioning

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Richazey

Re: Group Legend Positioning

Post by Richazey »

I have installed Auto Groups MOD and this mod has stopped working, you select a number in the acp and it does not register why?

dharmil

Post by dharmil »

Does this mod arrange the Users online list in the index by specified group legend positioning?

Patriot89

Post by Patriot89 »

EDIT:

I fixed it ;)

ekawaii

Post by ekawaii »

Hello Everyone,

I first wanted to start off by saying that this is a great mod to have! Thanks so much for taking the time to code it and provide support for it. I have it installed on my phpbb3 forum version 3.0.5 and it works perfectly.

I ran into a small problem when installing, which had nothing to do with this mod, I have Board3 Portal Version v1.0.3 installed. After hours of wondering what was wrong I figured it out and I thought I'd post it up here in case anyone else has Board3 Portal Version v1.0.3 (+ for any future versions, as of right now this is the current one) installed!

The bug you'll notice is that on your forum page the legend shows up in the order you've chosen, however on the portal page the Whois Online box shows the legend in alphabetical order... which is what we don't want!

Simply follow the steps below to fix this, it's really easy... I promise.

Open: Group Legend Positioning.xml

Open: YOURPHPBBFORUM/portal/block/whois_online.php

You should now have both of these files open, whois_online.php in Notepad++ (or your favourite html/php editor) and Group Legend Positioning.xml in an internet browser.

Now in Group Legend Positioning.xml press CTRL+F to open the find tool and look for "Open: index.php".

You're simply going to follow the same steps you did while editing index.php for whois_online.php. All the steps are the same and will have your portal working with this mod in no time!

Once you've finished applying the same changes to your whois_online.php from the index.php steps upload it to your /portal/block/ folder, purge the cache and you're finished!

I hope this helped others that may have ran into this problem and are not sure how to fix it.

~ Chan

Elitzur
I've Been Banned!

Post by Elitzur »

Is there an update for this MOD which will make it work on 3.0.5?

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

:shock:

It works fine on 3.0.5

WastedJoker

Post by WastedJoker »

Getting error:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_groups.php on line 725
This is line 725 from my acp_groups.php

$type = ($row['group_type'] == GROUP_SPECIAL) ? 'special' : 'normal';

WastedJoker

Post by WastedJoker »

Now I can't access my ACP at all.

Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 20

Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 20

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 20

Warning: include(./includes/functions_display.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 21

Warning: include(./includes/functions_display.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 21

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/functions_display.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 21

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 24

WastedJoker

Post by WastedJoker »

I've restored backups of edited files and still getting no access to my ACP.

Help.

WastedJoker

Post by WastedJoker »

Seems like there's been a mix-up with the various includes folders in root path and adm.

*sigh*

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

Looks like the adm index.php file was overwritten by the base index.php file. That would be bad. I would recommend restoring your file backup from before you started applying this mod.

matmer

Post by matmer »

Could anyone tell me why the default group for Administrators and Globsl Moderaters show up in capitol letters when this mod is applied?

If anyone could tell me which file to edit, im sure i could have a good go at it myself.

Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

WastedJoker wrote:Getting error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/heavy/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_groups.php on line 725
This is line 725 from my acp_groups.php

$type = ($row['group_type'] == GROUP_SPECIAL) ? 'special' : 'normal';
Just above that, find:

// Get us all the groups
		$sql = 'SELECT g.group_id, g.group_name, g.group_type, g.group_legend_pos
			FROM ' . GROUPS_TABLE . ' g
			ORDER BY g.group_type ASC, g.group_legend_pos
If there is no '; after ASC, g.group_legend_pos, add it so it looks like this:

// Get us all the groups
		$sql = 'SELECT g.group_id, g.group_name, g.group_type, g.group_legend_pos
			FROM ' . GROUPS_TABLE . ' g
			ORDER BY g.group_type ASC, g.group_legend_pos';
This MOD does not install well with AutoMOD.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

Seralyon

Post by Seralyon »

hello!

i installed this MOD and edited the files directly through the browser file manager and saved them.
but i can't find where to edit the group position in my ACP please help.

thank you.

NOTE: "modx.prosilver.en.xsl" is placed in the forum root.

Seralyon

Post by Seralyon »

Update:
when running the SQL code:

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_legend_pos SMALLINT( 4 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

MySQL said: Documentation
#1060 - Duplicate column name 'group_legend_pos' 

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”