ACP Add User MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
w91754

Re: ACP Add User MOD

Post by w91754 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi wired076,

I followed

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... d#p3193672

and made change in 5 files.

I get the result as the screenshot.

From the printscreen, it shows more lines: { ADD_USER }{ ADD_USER_EXPLAIN } and { REG_COND }, I do not see any additional line for the password.

I think I may be mistake when I changed codes. I do not know which file should be fixed. can anyone help me --- how to fix my problem? Thanks,

By the way, I search { ADD_USER }
{ ADD_USER_EXPLAIN } and { REG_COND in 2 files as the following which are not shown in http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... d#p3193672
, I do not know if it is a necessary to add the password, please advise, many thanks…….

\includes\acp\acp_add_user_mod\root\adm\style\acp_add_user.html

Code: Select all

<h1>{L_ADD_USER}</h1>
	<p>{L_ADD_USER_EXPLAIN}</p>

<form id="register" method="post" action="{U_ACTION}">

<!-- IF ERROR -->
	<div class="errorbox"><h3>{L_WARNING}</h3>
		<p>{ERROR}</p>
		</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<fieldset>
	<legend>{L_REGISTRATION}</legend>
	<dl>
		<span>{L_REG_COND}</span>
	</dl>
<!-- IF .profile_fields -->
	<dl>
		<dt><label>{L_ITEMS_REQUIRED}</label></dt>
	</dl>
<!-- ENDIF -->
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label>
			<br /><span>{L_USERNAME_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
		<dd><input class="medium" type="text" id="username" name="username" size="25" maxlength="40" value="{NEW_USERNAME}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="email">{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input class="medium" type="text" name="email" id="email" size="25" maxlength="255" value="{EMAIL}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="email_confirm">{L_CONFIRM_EMAIL}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input class="medium" type="text" name="email_confirm" id="email_confirm" size="25" maxlength="255" value="{EMAIL_CONFIRM}" /></dd>
	</dl>
\cache\ctpl_admin_acp_add_user.html.php

<?php } ?>

<h1><?php echo ((isset($this->_rootref['L_ADD_USER'])) ? $this->_rootref['L_ADD_USER'] : ((isset($user->lang['ADD_USER'])) ? $user->lang['ADD_USER'] : '{ ADD_USER }')); ?></h1>
	<p><?php echo ((isset($this->_rootref['L_ADD_USER_EXPLAIN'])) ? $this->_rootref['L_ADD_USER_EXPLAIN'] : ((isset($user->lang['ADD_USER_EXPLAIN'])) ? $user->lang['ADD_USER_EXPLAIN'] : '{ ADD_USER_EXPLAIN }')); ?></p>

<form id="register" method="post" action="<?php echo (isset($this->_rootref['U_ACTION'])) ? $this->_rootref['U_ACTION'] : ''; ?>">
Attachments
adduser3.jpg
adduser3.jpg (139.16 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Last edited by w91754 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • ● Apache 2.4.18 PHP 5.5.33 phpMyAdmin 4.6.0
    ● phpBB 3.1.8 MySQL 5.6.28
    hktaitung.com/forum wongsiu.us/forum2 prosilver
[/size]

MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:35 pm

I installed this and tried to add a user account to test the mod out on my forum. However, I also use the Activation Justification mod and I can't add a user with the ACP Add User MOD because of the Account Justification mod. Is there something I can edit in any of the ACP Add User Mod files that will make it work with the Activation Justification mod?

w91754

Post by w91754 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:27 am

I followed

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=580108&p=3193672&hilit=profile+field#p3193672

and made change in 5 files.

I get the result as the screenshot. How do I get password and confirm password in the Add_user board?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Attachments
adduser4.jpg
adduser4.jpg (209.9 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
[/size]

w91754

Post by w91754 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:27 pm

I downloaded Download file: acp_add_user_mod.zip following from
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=580108

I copied to /language/en_us/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php from /language/en/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php

I do not see both en_us version and en version are difference.

Then changed the following:

Open: /language/en_us/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php
FIND:

'CONTINUE_EDIT_USER'            => '%1$sClick here to the manage %2$sâs profile%3$s', // e.g.: Click here to edit Joeâs profile.
AFTER, ADD

'DEFAULT_PASS'                          => 'Default Password',
        'DEFAULT_PASS_EXPLAIN'                  => 'Default password is already populated in the password fields.',
        'DEFAULT_PASS_CHANGE_EXPLAIN'           => 'Password used for the add user page.',
        'PASSWORD_EXPLAIN'      => 'Create new password if you decide not to use the default password as above.',
It worked!

However, it did not show "Password" and "Confirm Password" in the screen shots.

After I entered username and email address/confirm email address, it appeared warning message: The password you entered is too short. The confirm password you entered is too short. Please see the screen shot.

Now I read "Future: Next update will contain > 10 Additional Translations." by "Highway of Life" on first page of http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 08&start=0.

Should I add 10 additional translations before adding 'password'/'confirm password' version? If so, it is too late. Is there any way that I can add 10 Additional Translations in MySQL? If so, how do I add them in MySQL through phpMyAdmin?

Otherwise, is it possible due to MySQL problem since I did not add a new password field and a new confirm field? If so, please let me know how add new fields in MySQL through phpMyAdmin too.

Please advise.

Paul, thank you for help......
Attachments
adduser4.jpg
adduser4.jpg (209.9 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
[/size]

joshkraemer

Post by joshkraemer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:51 am

I have this mod installed and just updated to PHPBB 3.0.6. I noticed that this new version of PHPBB does not allow the password to be displayed in the email. Is there any way I can get around this?

I really need some way for my users to see their password or login into their accounts since I create them (as an admin).

Siz

Post by Siz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm having the same problem as joshkraemer. where the password was supposed to be now displays the forums url

Kubbie

Post by Kubbie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:05 pm

joshkraemer wrote:I have this mod installed and just updated to PHPBB 3.0.6. I noticed that this new version of PHPBB does not allow the password to be displayed in the email. Is there any way I can get around this?

I really need some way for my users to see their password or login into their accounts since I create them (as an admin).

Was fixes made to get this to work with 3.0.6? I want to download and try it out, but I want to make sure fixes are in place before I do. Thanks. :)

joshkraemer

Post by joshkraemer » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Kubbie wrote:
joshkraemer wrote:I have this mod installed and just updated to PHPBB 3.0.6. I noticed that this new version of PHPBB does not allow the password to be displayed in the email. Is there any way I can get around this?

Was fixes made to get this to work with 3.0.6? I want to download and try it out, but I want to make sure fixes are in place before I do. Thanks. :)
The solution is pretty simple: Clear the cache files after you upgrade (clear cache button in admin panel), then your email template files should work fine to echo the password as done in previous versions. Here's a link to the user_welcome.txt email template in case your upgrade overwrites it:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11295295

Siz

Post by Siz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks very much, the problem was actually in the /language/en/email/user_welcome.txt :D

Kubbie

Post by Kubbie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:07 pm

joshkraemer wrote:
Kubbie wrote:

The solution is pretty simple: Clear the cache files after you upgrade (clear cache button in admin panel), then your email template files should work fine to echo the password as done in previous versions. Here's a link to the user_welcome.txt email template in case your upgrade overwrites it:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11295295
Well it was never installed on my board before. I just installed it today for the first time. Obviously this was not the problem. Thanks for replying though.

Kubbie

Post by Kubbie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Siz wrote:Thanks very much, the problem was actually in the /language/en/email/user_welcome.txt :D

I'm not a php guru but I can limp my way through things though with some guidance. :) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That was all I needed.

FLX

Post by FLX » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:45 pm

I added the mod using AutoMOD but I don't see the "add user" link anywhere in the acp.
Is there something else I should do?

Thanks,

Dennis

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:45 pm

You need to do the DIY instructions.

gow777

Post by gow777 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 pm

I have downloaded the add on. Can you please advise how to install it as I am a new user to the programme.

Thanks,

Robert

w91754

Post by w91754 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:18 pm

gow777 wrote:I have downloaded the add on. Can you please advise how to install it as I am a new user to the programme.

Thanks,

Robert
Copy: root/adm/style/acp_add_user.html
To: adm/style/acp_add_user.html

Copy: root/includes/acp/info/acp_add_user.php
To: includes/acp/info/acp_add_user.php

Copy: root/includes/acp/acp_add_user.php
To: includes/acp/acp_add_user.php

Copy: root/language/en/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php
To: language/en/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php

Please follow:

Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users
Select “Add User Account” from the Module drop-down menu and click “Add Module”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.
Browse to ACP > Users & Groups > Add Users and confirm install!
[/size]

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”