ACP Add User MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mathken330

Re: ACP Add User MOD

Post by mathken330 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:25 pm

MarudaGDA wrote:Hi there!

It seems, that most of my problems appear here, but never together - so this is why I post this message. Here I go:

I've installed a fresh 3.0.7PL. Then added AutoMOD, Seperate Login/Username etc. Then I've installed AddUserMod. Everything looked fine (including the additional line for login name). I've never tried to add user then. Afterwards I began to install new styles and my native language. When everything seem to be fine (some styles didn't work correctly) I went back to Add User.

The additional line is missing. When I try to add user I get this message:

General Error
The requested user does not exist.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled this mod, and nothing changed. I've tried to change language, style, purged cache, i've enabled the mod and so on and on. Nothing works. Right now I'm doing a clear install again. Any suggestions?

MarudaGDA

Also what I was looking for.
Here's the Link for this mod:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1768595
--
Kenneth Tran

image45
Name: Robert

Post by image45 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:29 am

continues to work very well, best ACP mod I have seen

Excellent stuff

MarudaGDA

Post by MarudaGDA » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:24 am

Hi!

I still think, that phpBB creators should thingk about defining what DB user fields are absoulutelly required for adding users. I AM trying with bulk add right now, based on other posts I found, and as I see it, that's the biggest issue with writing such mod with multiple other add-ons.

Let me put this straight; if I wasn't using anything else for handling users, except for what's 'standart' in phpBB - this mod would probably work correctly (question of minor changes on my server). I've used some mods that changet the user DB table, and here come trouble.

MarudaGDA
Amateur phpBB forum Admin - not that hard! Just 200h of testing and almost everything works! :D

yabbah

Post by yabbah » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:05 pm

I have tried to get this custom password to work. But I don't get up those passwordfield in the adduser-form.

I have double-checked /adm/style/acp_add_user.html 346534646423 times. And it looks correct. :(

Anyone have a clue?
//yabbah

Aardwaark

Added swedish language support for ACP Add User MOD

Post by Aardwaark » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi Highway of Life and thanks for a well-working MOD!

I recently installed phpBB and ACP Add User MOD. I've also tried to translate your MOD into swedish, though not really knowing anything about coding. But since it's seems to be working, I'll be happy to contribute it to you for verifying and publishing. Just reply with an e-mail adress and I'll send it to you. (New user - not allowed to PM anyone yet).

Cheers!

Hans

mathken330

Post by mathken330 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Aardwaark wrote:Hi Highway of Life and thanks for a well-working MOD!

I recently installed phpBB and ACP Add User MOD. I've also tried to translate your MOD into swedish, though not really knowing anything about coding. But since it's seems to be working, I'll be happy to contribute it to you for verifying and publishing. Just reply with an e-mail adress and I'll send it to you. (New user - not allowed to PM anyone yet).

Cheers!

Hans
Try looking in the Language folder of the mod...that's where the translations should be at. Perhaps find the English one, just modify the explanations (not the code part?) This is just something that came out of my head. Try it. Highway Of Life may give better instructions.
--
Kenneth Tran

Marcuss28

Post by Marcuss28 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Hello!

I wanted to insert this Mod in my forum. If I copy the Language-File in the de/mod folder, I receive by call of the ACP only one white side

What can be wrong?

The Code of the translated File:

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
* acp_add_user [Deutsch]
* @author David Lewis (Highway of Life) http://phpbbacademy.com
* @package acp
* @version $Id: info_acp_add_user_mod.php 31M 2007-08-05 01:14:00Z (local) $
* @copyright (c) 2007 Star Trek Guide Group
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

/**
* DO NOT CHANGE
*/
if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
        $lang = array();
}

// DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE
//
// All language files should use UTF-8 as their encoding and the files must not contain a BOM.
//
// Placeholders can now contain order information, e.g. instead of
// 'Page %s of %s' you can (and should) write 'Page %1$s of %2$s', this allows
// translators to re-order the output of data while ensuring it remains correct
//
// You do not need this where single placeholders are used, e.g. 'Message %d' is fine
// equally where a string contains only two placeholders which are used to wrap text
// in a url you again do not need to specify an order e.g., 'Click %sHERE%s' is fine

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
        'ACP_ACCOUNT_ADDED'                        => 'Der Benutzer-Account wurde erstellt.  Der Benutzer kann sich jetzt mit dem Benutzernamen und dem Kennwort, welche an die EMail-Adresse gesendet wurden, einloggen.',
        'ACP_ACCOUNT_INACTIVE'                => 'Der Benutzer-Account wurde erstellt. Jedoch verlangen die Forums-Einstellungen, das der Benutzer den Account aktiviert.<br />Ein Aktivierungsschl??l wurde an die angegebene EMail-Adresse geschickt.',
        'ACP_ACCOUNT_INACTIVE_ADMIN'=> 'Der Account wurde erstellt. Jedoch verlangen die Forums-Einstellungen eine Aktivierung durch den Administrator.<br />Eine EMail wurde an den Administrator gesandt und der Benutzer wird dar?? informiert, wenn sein Account aktiviert wurde.',
        'ACP_ADD_USER'                                => 'Benutzer hinzufügen',
        'ACP_ADMIN_ACTIVATE'                => 'Eine EMail wird an den Administrator geschickt, um das Konto zu aktivieren. Sie k??n aber auch das folgende Feld ankreuzen, um den Account umgehend zu aktivieren. Der Benutzer wird eine EMail mit den Daten des Accounts erhalten.',
        'ACP_EMAIL_ACTIVATE'                => 'Sobald der Account erstellt wurde, wird der Benutzer eine EMail erhalten. Diese enth? einen Aktivierungs-Link, mit dem der Account aktiviert wird..',
        'ACP_INSTANT_ACTIVATE'                => 'Der Account wird umgehend aktiviert. Der Benutzer erh? eine EMail mit den Einlog-Daten des Accounts.',

'ADD_USER'                                        => 'Benutzer hinzufügen',
        'ADD_USER_EXPLAIN'                        => 'Erstellen Sie einen neuen Benutzer-Account. Wenn ihre Forums-Einstellungen ein Aktivierung nur durch den Administrator erlauben, haben Sie die M??chkeit, den Benutzer umgehend zu aktivieren.',
        'ADD_USER_MOD_INSTALLED'        => 'Add User MOD version %s installiert<br />Bitte stellen Sie sicher, das Sie <em>user_add</em> Admin-Berechtigungen zuweisen f??enutzer, denen Sie es erm??chen wollen, diese Mod zu benutzen.',
        'ADD_USER_MOD_UPDATED'                => 'Add User MOD updated to version %s',
        'ADMIN_ACTIVATE'                        => 'Benutzer-Konto aktivieren',

'EDIT_USER_GROUPS'                        => '%sKlicken Sie hier, um die Benutzergruppen für diese Benutzer zu bearbeiten%s',

'CONTINUE_EDIT_USER'                => '%1$sKlicken Sie hier, um %2$s’s Profil%3$s' zu bearbeiten, // e.g.: Klicken Sie hier, um Joe’s Profile zu bearbeiten.
        'LOG_USER_ADDED'                        => '<strong>Neuer Benutzer erstellt</strong><br />» %s',

'acl_a_add_user'                        => array('lang' => 'Can create new user accounts', 'cat' => 'user_group'),
));

?>

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Not sure I understood... are you getting a white page?
If you turn DEBUG and DEBUG_EXTRA on, you might see some errors.

The problem is likely a BOM in your language file created by your text editor. There was a discussion a while back about how to save files for phpBB without a BOM. Make sure you save your files without a BOM. And use an editor that will give you that option. Notepad++ for windows, and SubEthaEdit for mac are good options. You can see the full list of development tools for all platforms, here.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

rautamiekka

Post by rautamiekka » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:03 am

Highway of Life wrote:... Notepad++ for windows, and SubEthaEdit for mac are good options. ....
I'm also very sure not a single editor on Linuxes & UNIXes save with BOM.

Notepad++ also runs completely under Wine.

Marcuss28

Post by Marcuss28 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 am

Hello!

Yes, i became a white Page. But now i used Notepad++ and it works.

Thanks

Marcus

Romeon

Post by Romeon » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Highway: It's like we are connected! Each time I want a mod, i find out you have something todo with it.

Thank you very much,

Romeo & Malin

Edit: Ugh, giving me a too short password using rksela's howto :(

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:14 pm

I posted a fix for the short password error on StarTrekGuide: http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... 29#p119229
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

CJ1985

Post by CJ1985 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:10 pm

What a great mod! Very nice, and very helpful indeed. I got the mod installed and I believe it is working correctly as well. However, where it should state "Add User" it states "{ ADD_USER }" instead. Along with the other following statements:

"Create a new user. If your activation settings are to Admin Activate only, you will have the option to activate the user instantly."

Instead it says: "{ ADD_USER_EXPLAIN }"

"The account will be activated instantly. The user will receive an email with account details to login."

Instead it says: "{ REG_COND }"

I've tried to look in the files that I had added to see where and if I could fix whatever was wrong with it. However, I wasn't sure if I wasn't looking in the right spot or if I just didn't know what I was looking at. Ha! I was curious if you could help me correct that?

Also, when I did test out the mod by adding a test user. The e-mail that arrived never gave the password to the user. How do I make it so that when the user gets the e-mail with the login details, they receive the password as well in the e-mail?

Thanks!

CJ1985

Post by CJ1985 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:27 am

I don't mean to be a pest or anything, but just curious if anyone knows the solution to my problem which can be in the post before this one.

I would highly appreciate any help! Thank you!

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm

It looks like you are missing the language files.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”