ACP Add User MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
BigDB

Re: ACP Add User MOD

Post by BigDB » Fri May 30, 2008 1:26 am

I have uploaded your ACP Add User MOD. But I need to remove the requirements to access the Custom Profiles fields. Is it possible to just use the basic non custom fields to activate a new member with a user and password? Then the new member can log in and fill in all the other custom profile fields.

Is this doable with your module?

I really need some help on this with specific details.

Thank you

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life » Fri May 30, 2008 8:59 am

If the Custom profile field is required on registration, it *must* be filled out when creating the user. There is no way around this except to make the field optional on registration.

-- o O o --

Once again, please do not contact me privately for support. Support is ONLY offered on the forums.
Thanks.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

Mr.AmiT

Post by Mr.AmiT » Fri May 30, 2008 9:44 am

בס"ד

Great!!!
Its an excellent Mod!
Thanks.
Amit.

Shabat Shalom!
שבת שלום!
phpBB.co.il
phpBB Israel.

Thanks.
Amit.

superthin
Name: Quang Vo

Post by superthin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 am

Very good, thanks Highway of Life very much. I love your mod. I've applied for my phpBB 3.0.1 successfully. That's a great!
SuperThin.

dremits

Post by dremits » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:26 pm

How do you install this mod?

TomWolff

Post by TomWolff » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:58 pm

This seems such an easy MOD to install, but when I went to run it, I got a General Error: "Module file ./../includes/acp/acp_add_user.php does not contain correct class [acp_add_user]". I really thought I did things right. Is there something else I was supposed to do besides the simple steps in the install.xml file, namely copy four files and enable the MOD? Thanks in advance for help.

Tom

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:05 am

Looks like you put the info/ file in the wrong location. :)
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

TomWolff

Post by TomWolff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:14 pm

I appreciate your response about putting the files in the wrong location. But there are only three files to go into four locations. I have tripled checked the matter. Here is where I put the three files:

/public_html/forum/adm/style/acp_add_user.html
/public_html/forum/includes/acp/info/acp_add_user.php
/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_add_user.php
/public_html/forum/language/en/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php

I repeated the process. I extracted the files again from acp_add_user_mod.zip. I then uploaded again the three files into the four folders, overwriting the original versions. I disabled and enabled the Add User module again. I then got the same error message.

More guidance, please.

Tom

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:28 pm

Those two files that have the same name are indeed different files. I think you might need to double check how you extracted the files.

TomWolff

Post by TomWolff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:35 pm

Gremlinn:

Thanks so much for pointing out that there were two files with the same name. I put the larger one where it belongs, in /public_html/forum/includes/acp, and the MOD works. It really is a good addition to the ACP and my thanks go to the developer.

Tom

dremits

Post by dremits » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi,

This mod looks so easy to install but...ahem...I'm new to Phpbb and i'm actually not sure how to install it :D

I'd really appreciate the help. Cheers!

TomWolff

Post by TomWolff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Dremits:

Go to the first posting in this thread. You need to download file acp_add_user_mod.zip. Within that zip file is another file install.xml that explains the install process step-by-step.

The first thing is to back-up your forum. In this case you are just adding four files to the right folders, so the damage you can do to the forum is minimal, but you should still back up your forum folders and files. You can do that by a copy command with your Control Panel file manager, although there might be better ways. T

hen extract the three php and one html files and copy them to the proper forum folders. The last steps in the ACP are explained as well.

I have been at this phpBB business for all of two days. So I can attest that this really is a generally easy install.

I'd be interested if others have further tips on backing up the forum and installing the files.

Good luck.

Tom

dremits

Post by dremits » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:46 pm

So sorry, I just figured out that the instructions were in the xml file (I figured becuase it was xml, it was something phpbb was to interpret). I tried to edit my post but didn't get here in time. Thanks anyway though!

dremits

Post by dremits » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Just got a minor problem. When I go to add user in the ACP, the text in the form is a bit messed up:

I believe this may have been during installation as the line in the manual that states - copy the file to /en, I have the directory /en-gb. Perhaps this is the problem?

action_bastard

Post by action_bastard » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:59 pm

I like this mod. For some reason its stopped working for me. I get a blank page with

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 1441: mb_ereg_search_init() [function.mb-ereg-search-init]: mbregex compile err: premature end of char-class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 1442: mb_ereg_search() [function.mb-ereg-search]: No regex given

at the top after trying to complete the add user.
I don't speak this language, can someone translate for me?
I'm using 3.0.1
Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”