ACP Add User MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
bmaill

Re: ACP Add User MOD

Post by bmaill » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi,

I tried the MOD and it works, thank you
But I also wish to use the MOD of the MOD for default password. I failed : the default password is shown in acp board but it is not shown in acp user add (the field is empty)

rklesla do you have a suggestion ?
copieecran.JPG
copieecran.JPG (64.25 KiB) Viewed 909 times
thanks

Brigitte

rageracer

Post by rageracer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:27 am

Hi,

phpBB3 version: 3.0.6

I have a huge problem. I had this MOD installed but had to rebuild my database and forum. I uploaded all the files and proceeded to enter the module in ACP. I was going over the instructions (half asleep might I say) and clicked on (once I was already at the module section) Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management & got to where Administration Control Panel was showing. When clicking on Administration Control Panel there were no further levels to go to where in the instructions it has > Users > Groups > Users
At the Administration Control Panel I clicked Add users from the menu without realizing what I was doing and now I can no longer access the Administration Control Panel. The Mod one and User one are OK.

I tried cleaning out the SQL entry's in the database but it did not help & I also cleaned out the MOD files I uploaded but nothing so far has helped.

My last backup was a week ago :oops:

Does anyone have a clue on what I can do to restore the panel?
Edit: I dropped the module table and imported the one from the backup. Its missing a few bits but I should be able to fix it up.
Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition

w91754

Post by w91754 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:05 pm

bmaill wrote:Hi,

I tried the MOD and it works, thank you
But I also wish to use the MOD of the MOD for default password. I failed : the default password is shown in acp board but it is not shown in acp user add (the field is empty)

rklesla do you have a suggestion ?
copieecran.JPG
thanks

Brigitte
If you use this mod for additional 'password'. I think, you have two different fields for the 'password', one is original with the username. the other you just added. That may be why it does not show in the acp board. I am not sure. If my answer is not clear, can you explain why you want an extra field for the password.

Thanks,
  • ● Apache 2.4.18 PHP 5.5.33 phpMyAdmin 4.6.0
    ● phpBB 3.1.8 MySQL 5.6.28
    hktaitung.com/forum wongsiu.us/forum2 prosilver
[/size]

w91754

Post by w91754 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 pm

rageracer wrote:
When clicking on Administration Control Panel there were no further levels to go to where in the instructions it has > Users > Groups > Users
At the Administration Control Panel I clicked Add users from the menu without realizing what I was doing
Please try following:

Code: Select all

Navigate to:
Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users
Select “Add User Account” from the Module drop-down menu and click “Add Module”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.
Browse to ACP > Users & Groups > Add Users and confirm install!
[/size]

vonhazey

Post by vonhazey » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Installed and working nicely, thank you.

woywood

Post by woywood » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Hello World..:P :D

Thanks for te help and thanks for de MOD

i make my own translation (from Chile 8-) )

i wann'a share it with you

should it be copied on
language/es/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php

Thanks for all :mrgreen:
Attachments
info_acp_add_user_mod.php
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

gimmeg

Post by gimmeg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Thank for the mod.

Couldn't find a German language file, so here is my fast translation:

Copy to <FORUMROOT>/language/de/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php

Regards
gimmeg

---- German / Deutsch

Deutsche Sprachdatei für den ACP ADD User Mod:

Da ich keine deutsche Übersetzung auf die Schnelle finden konnte, hab ich es eben selber fix übersetzt.

Kopieren nach <FORUMSTAMMORDNER>/language/de/mods/info_acp_add_user_mod.php

cheers
gimmeg
Attachments
info_acp_add_user_mod.php
German language file for ACP Add User MOD
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:31 am

I have recently upgraded my board to 3.0.6 and reinstalled the ACP Add User Mod. It has always worked fine, but since my upgrade users receive no passwords in their welcome mail anymore. I can't find what has gone wrong, since the mod requires only the uploading of 4 files and installing it in the acp. I hope someone can help me solve this problem since I use this mod a lot!

w91754

Post by w91754 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:13 pm

AylaAsperger wrote:I have recently upgraded my board to 3.0.6 and reinstalled the ACP Add User Mod. It has always worked fine, but since my upgrade users receive no passwords in their welcome mail anymore. I can't find what has gone wrong, since the mod requires only the uploading of 4 files and installing it in the acp. I hope someone can help me solve this problem since I use this mod a lot!
Let your users know how to click "forget password", it will send another email with the password automatically.

Hopefully this help....
[/size]

AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:30 pm

That will probably get them their passwords, but just before the updates the new members could find it in the mail they'd get after I made their account. I want to know how it's possible that its not there anymore, and how I can get that back.

w91754

Post by w91754 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:26 pm

AylaAsperger wrote:That will probably get them their passwords, but just before the updates the new members could find it in the mail they'd get after I made their account. I want to know how it's possible that its not there anymore, and how I can get that back.
Just look at member list.
[/size]

AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Looking at the memberlist doesn't solve this issue. The weird thing about this is I uploaded the exact same four files as I used before upgrading to 3.0.6. and back then it worked fine. So it can't be a modding error this time. I hope someone can help me out here!

Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:58 pm

AylaAsperger wrote:Looking at the memberlist doesn't solve this issue. The weird thing about this is I uploaded the exact same four files as I used before upgrading to 3.0.6. and back then it worked fine. So it can't be a modding error this time. I hope someone can help me out here!
I think the display password in the registration e-mail was removed in 3.0.6 :(
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ ProphpBB Free Forum Hosting Moderator ]

AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Does anybody have an idea how I can get this back in the mail?

yha

Post by yha » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm really sorry, and I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but how do you install this thing? (I've looked at install.xml, and the instructions/tags there seem to be designed for some other program to read them)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”