Global Announcements

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
aponee

Re: Global Announcements

Post by aponee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:38 pm

this was a great addition to my forum until recently when i needed to add subforums and started getting over run with ghost guest postings which make my users a little nervous. i'm guessing that i can remove this mod by replacing all the pages that were modified with fresh ones, but is there something i need to do to the database as well?

if you need to see my original post that led me to believe the problem is with this mod, you can see it at
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1454805

thanks for you help.

DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Might want to check out Lefty74’s Announcement Center

It is GREAT!!!

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1195735

aponee

Post by aponee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:53 pm

thanks DragonMaster1! i actually have that one installed too, and i LOVE it. i loved the one he made for phpbb2 as well. i plan on keeping it, or re installing it if i have to go the route of a fresh install. i used this global announcements mod just so i could have a "kind of, sort of" shoutbox on the index page. but the ghost posts are getting to be far too many to make this mod worth it anymore so i just want it gone...sigh...

DragonMaster1

Post by DragonMaster1 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:33 pm

I use that an it works great and for a shoutbox I use ajax_chat-2.0.0B8

Here is my board with it active but currently the announcements are not on

http://www.diomessageboard.com

Typo
Former Team Member
Name: Jeremy Lorenzo

Post by Typo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:39 pm

I noticed some strange results using this mod as well. For instance the global would list itself in the same categories as the sub forums and instead of the category being called Forums it was called Announcements but only in on particular situation. It only happened if you clicked on a forum that had sub forums and if there is an active global message. Otherwise everything was in its own section like it should be.

I haven't uninstalled it yet because I was hoping a newer version would come out so I could update and try it. So for now I just don't mark anything as global. As soon as there are no more messages marked as global this mod causes me no more problems.

It is possible this is an issue with another one of my mods but when looking at the code edits again today I just don't see how. I do have a LOT of them installed tho. On top of all the custom edits, addons and tweaks I've done, I have also installed 128 mods (including this one).

Here is a couple photos of the problem.
With the post set as global announcement.
With the post set as global announcement.
GlobalAnnounceSet.JPG (129.21 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
With the post NOT set as global announcement.
With the post NOT set as global announcement.
GlobalAnnounceUnset.JPG (128.97 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
To aponee (or anyone else that may be asking what he was asking):

To uninstall the mode you can simply go thru the install instructions pretty much backwards undoing what it was telling you to do. So, if you searched for A and replaced it with B then now you would search for B and replace it with A. You could also do what you were asking which would be to replace the original of every file you edited and then redo the edits for the ACP Accouncemente Centre (which I also use and love) that go in the files you replaced. As far as the SQL goes the following queries SHOULD take care of you. They work for me just fine.

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'load_global_announcements_home' LIMIT 1;

DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'load_global_announcements_topic' LIMIT 1
Good luck.

Typo.

Typo
Former Team Member
Name: Jeremy Lorenzo

phantom posts Re: Global Announcements

Post by Typo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:03 pm

I have noticed a problem that a user reported earlier. I never noticed it before because mostly I didn't use subforums and when I did, I somehow missed it but I always gave forums their own category so really had no chances to see it. I will attach a photo. The problem is the phantom post from guest at the bottom. That post does not exist in the db or anywhere else. It only appears if I have a subforum created so for now I just used a different setup without a subforum however if this will not be fixed then I will have to remove this mod unfortunately which would suck because I like it bit with the problems its having I cannot even use it right now.
Phantom post shown below a real post.
Phantom post shown below a real post.
Problem.JPG (85.6 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
I hope you can help.

Thanks.

Typo

smordue1

Post by smordue1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 pm

New to PHPBB, just installed automod, seemed to go okay. Then tried to install this mod and now I cannot get to the posts, when I click on the category I get the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/public_html/forum/viewforum.php on line 384

So I tried to uninstall the mod and it fails with a couple of "The Find specified by the MOD could not be found" errors.

I had to take my new board offline, but it can still be accessed at

www.forum.americasgreenpages.com/index.php

I don't know if this is an automod issue or a mod issue but any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciates

TheServant

Post by TheServant » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:24 am

Hi guys,
This is the first mod I have installed, and I am having some problems! I don't know where to edit the "Global Announcements"??? I did everything in the global_announcement.xml but I cannot see any new options (besides the "Display global annoucements on the Index page" and "Display global annoucements on the Topics pages" radio buttons in Board Features).

Is there something else I have to do or am I blind?

Thanks.

TheServant

Post by TheServant » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:32 am

TheServant wrote:Hi guys,
This is the first mod I have installed, and I am having some problems! I don't know where to edit the "Global Announcements"??? I did everything in the global_announcement.xml but I cannot see any new options (besides the "Display global annoucements on the Index page" and "Display global annoucements on the Topics pages" radio buttons in Board Features).

Is there something else I have to do or am I blind?

Thanks.
Never mind, used another mod and I'm happy.

yuukoweb

Post by yuukoweb » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:34 am

Ok, can anyone help....
I'm learning phpBB3 and this is the first mod i installed. And as far as i know i installed it right.
But i have some questions.

As you can see i tried to make a global announcement. It is titled "Try Global".
But when i look at it in the index it is like this.
http://phpbb.learning.atbhost.net/index.php
The header of the global announcement is "Forum".
But when i look at it on a specific forum.
http://phpbb.learning.atbhost.net/viewforum.php?f=2
The header for it is announcement..

But then again when i look at it on the other specific forum.
http://phpbb.learning.atbhost.net/viewforum.php?f=4
It is also in the "Forum"...
It is really confusing me.

But during my installation. I skip the DIY instruction..

Code: Select all

Refresh you Style/s, and clear your cache, set your settings, and do the style xml file
Because i don't know how to do it... Can anyone help please.

ThaTweaker

Post by ThaTweaker » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:30 am

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/pwn4lyfe/public_html/forums/phpBB3/includes/functions_display.php on line 1303
what did i do wrong in the install?

my PHPbb version is 3.0.4

marcotics

Post by marcotics » Fri May 08, 2009 6:03 pm

smordue1 wrote: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/public_html/forum/viewforum.php on line 384
I also used Automod, Same error, Same line 384 And no clue as to what seems to be the problem

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Wed May 20, 2009 3:26 pm

In prosilver it's name is Anouncements, I am not yet know how to edit Subsilver2, the title is still Forum and the 'View' is still 'Post'.

Anyone knows how to edit in Subsilver template? :roll: Please post your method or Pm me, Author's site is not working. :cry:

Tks.

hanzi

Post by hanzi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:52 am

DragonMaster1 wrote:I use that an it works great and for a shoutbox I use ajax_chat-2.0.0B8

Here is my board with it active but currently the announcements are not on

http://www.diomessageboard.com
Hi Dragonmaster1

Can you please give me the link for that ajax_chat mod, I searched for it but I can't find it and does it work on phpbb3?

Thanks

DragonMaster1

Post by DragonMaster1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Download link:

http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... =ajax+chat

And it is worling perfectly on ver 3

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”