Forum sort order

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Forum sort order

Post by Extensions Robot » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:02 am

Modification name: Forum sort order
Author: tumba25
Modification description: Adds topic time in UCP > Board preferences and viewtopic > Sort by.
Also adds Forum default to UCP > Board preferences and makes this default for all users.
Adds "Default topic list order:" to ACP > Forums > Edit forum, this might be overriden by the settings in UCP.
Adds possibility to override user sort settings in some forums.
Modification version: 1.2.0
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.4

Download file: forum_sort_order.zip
File size: 27.52 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extensions Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Forum sort order

Post by Paul » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:02 am

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

oddfish

Re: Forum sort order

Post by oddfish » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:21 am

thanks tumba25 for a great addition.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

MrKuenning

Post by MrKuenning » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:36 am

Does this mod work if your database doesnt support UTF-8

tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:44 am

MrKuenning wrote:Does this mod work if your database doesnt support UTF-8
Yes, you might need to change the SQL-querys in the install-file.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

MrKuenning

Post by MrKuenning » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Could you help me with that. I know lots of people will probably be in the same situation.

However I dont know sql at all.

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:08 pm

I've seen reference to this mod in other topics, specifically that it allows for an alphabetical sort by subject on a per forum basis. However, I cannot find reference to this anywhere in its own topics, or in the download file itself.

Can anyone confirm or deny this for me?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

tumba25
Former Team Member

Post by tumba25 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:18 pm

The alphabetical sorting is standard in phpBB. This mod alows you to set the sorting in ACP on a per forum basis. And in the UCP.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

wired.au

Post by wired.au » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:47 am

I put all the edits in... hopefully correctly, and i get a cannot modify header information error at the top of my forum:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

The forum still seems to work fine though, just that every screen has error messages on top.

What could be causing it?

I tried clearing the template cache and refreshing the theme and it didn't help. I also tried recopying the original files back in and i still get those messages...

thanks

thanks!

wired.au

Post by wired.au » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:55 am

wired.au wrote:I put all the edits in... hopefully correctly, and i get a cannot modify header information error at the top of my forum:

[....]

What could be causing it?
Nevermind, fixed it! Recopying common.php from the original distrib got rid of the errors. Looks like my backup is screwed too!

Brf mentioned in another post that files have to be saved in UTF-8. I was using notepad's ANSI default, i'll try do all the edits again in that format.

GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:30 pm

I'm a little unsure what this mod is supposed to do. Do u mean that a user can set the order of Forum topics based on the most recent topics created?

As in: The Forums that appear from top to bottom are in relation to current topics from newest to oldest replies?
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:12 pm

This mod sorts the forum list of topics to the order you wish to set them in the ACP when you edit a forum.

So if you want the topic list in forum A to be in the order they were posted in with the newest topic always on top, then edit forum A and set the Topic Order to Topic Time..Descending. Posts (replies to a topic) will not change the order of the topics.

The Override option does just that so users lose the ability to sort as they please in their UCP and viewtopic order options (bottom of the page).

I think I got that right but hope it clarifies it for you.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

wired.au

Post by wired.au » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:44 am

Hmm, what happened to db_add.php? I can only ftp in to my webhost... how else can i modify the db?

tumba25
Former Team Member

Post by tumba25 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:58 pm

I got validation complaints about that it only worked with MySQL so I remowed it. I'l put it on my testboard later this week.

/J

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Just installed effectively onto RC8 upgrade. I can confirm it works without a hitch.
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”