Change User's Post Count

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
prothought

Re: Change User's Post Count

Post by prothought »

The xsl file is required for formatting the cupc-install.xml file.

You do not need it for your phpBB board.
Image www.phoenixforums.net Image
We won't go all Dmoto on you!
Amitex

Post by Amitex »

I installed this mod and now i am not find him.
are you can to say me where is he?? (which category)

thank you very much
its very good mod
Julp

Post by Julp »

No idea what I did wrong but whenever I try to open a page on my forum it comes up with the error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
I don't know code so any help would be appreciated.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

Looks like when you edited and then saved your languages common.php you did not save it in the correct encoding. All files need to be saved with the file encoding UTF8 without BOM, your editor probably saved it with a different file encoding type :)
Julp

Post by Julp »

No, it's encoding is UTF-8.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

Julp wrote:No, it's encoding is UTF-8.
It can be one of two things, what I said above or you have something before the starting <?php either a blank line or space or something else....... I would double check its encoding, open it in your editor and then click to 'save as' and manually select the encoding, also check you are checking the right files, it is the languages common.php and not the common.php in the forum root you should be checking :)
Julp

Post by Julp »

Ok, thanks. I'll double check everything.
MechaCon-Loki

Post by MechaCon-Loki »

I'm using WordPad to edit the php files, and I'm noticing that some of the characters are being mistranslated.

Here is what I'm supposed to find in the language/en/acp:
'LOG_USER_UPDATE_NAME' => '<strong>Changed username</strong><br />» from “%2$s” to “%3$s”',
Here is how it is being displayed under WordPad:
'LOG_USER_UPDATE_NAME' => '<strong>Changed username</strong><br />» from “%1$s” to “%2$s”',
Above, I've read that the encoding should be set to "UTF8 without BOM," but how do I set the program to correctly display and then save it in the right format?

Thanks for making this great MOD. I really loved it for phpBB2.
fld

Post by fld »

Hmm... I followed the instructions to install those mod. But I do not understand how it works!

I do not see it under Users & Group page, nor do I see any options when I am looking at a overview of a member.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to resolve this matter?

P.S I am trying to use mod because, members of my forums post count are inaccuarate. They are not getting credit for each post they made. I tried resync the post count, and all the forums. Result = Nothing change :(

Help! thank you for assistance on this matter of my :)
nvm lol! not sure what i did. but after numerous refreshing it finally showed up! and as for the moment, great mod indeed :)
xXJackXx

Post by xXJackXx »

is this working in the final version? Because i can't seem to get it to work. I've put the code in the right spots made sure its saving in the correct format and so on, it just doesn't want to work :(

i must be doing something wrong

I'm also getting this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/ftpuser/PointZeroOne/forum/includes/acp/acp_users.php on line 909

now when i remove that whole section of code for retaining the users post count i still get nothing showing up to modifie post counts
WVUNavyVet

Post by WVUNavyVet »

I used the recommended RC8 change on the Final Release and that Line 909 error went away but I cannot find "post count" anywhere in my ACP. Where do I / would change the post count? Under manage user?
qdeped

Post by qdeped »

can i just do this from phpmyadmin and change the post count and it will go on fine?
awaiting investigation
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Change User's Post Count

Post by Paul »

MOD Updated to version 2.0.3
See first post for Download Link
J3ffers

Post by J3ffers »

xXJackXx wrote:is this working in the final version? Because i can't seem to get it to work. I've put the code in the right spots made sure its saving in the correct format and so on, it just doesn't want to work :(

i must be doing something wrong

I'm also getting this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in e:\domains\c\cruizenplay.net\user\htdocs\forum\includes\acp\acp_users.php on line 912

now when i remove that whole section of code for retaining the users post count i still get nothing showing up to modifie post counts

i'm also getting this error, whats the fix???

edit: sorted error, the code has to go before not after
Last edited by J3ffers on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
MechaCon-Loki

Post by MechaCon-Loki »

I'm using pspad to edit my files.

Here is how they appear:

* language/en/common.php,
'POSTED_ON_DATE' => 'on',
'POSTS' => 'Posts',
'POSTS_RECOUNT' => 'Recount Posts',
'POSTS_UNAPPROVED' => 'At least one post in this topic has not been approved.',
* language/en/acp/common.php,
'LOG_USER_UPDATE_NAME' => '<strong>Changed username</strong><br />» from “%1$s” to “%2$s”',
'LOG_USER_UPDATE_POSTCOUNT' => '<strong>Changed post count</strong><br />» from “%1$s” to “%2$s”',
'LOG_USER_USER_UPDATE' => '<strong>Updated user details</strong><br />» %s',
* adm/style/acp_users_overview.html,
<dl>
<dt><label>{L_LAST_ACTIVE}:</label></dt>
<dd><strong>{USER_LASTACTIVE}</strong></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function reset_post_count(posts)
{
var user_overview = document.getElementById('user_overview');
user_overview.user_posts.value = posts;
}
//-->
</script>
<dt><label>{L_POSTS}:</label><br /><span><a href="javascript:reset_post_count({POSTS_COUNTED});">{L_POSTS_RECOUNT}</a></span></dt>
<dd><input class="text medium" type="text" id="user_posts" name="user_posts" value="{USER_POSTS}" /></dd>
</dl>
<dl>
* includes/acp/acp_users.php
$template->assign_vars(array(
'L_NAME_CHARS_EXPLAIN' => sprintf($user->lang[$config['allow_name_chars'] . '_EXPLAIN'], $config['min_name_chars'], $config['max_name_chars']),
'L_CHANGE_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN' => sprintf($user->lang[$config['pass_complex'] . '_EXPLAIN'], $config['min_pass_chars'], $config['max_pass_chars']),
'POSTS_COUNTED' => $posts_counted,
'S_FOUNDER' => ($user->data['user_type'] == USER_FOUNDER) ? true : false,

'S_OVERVIEW' => true,
The edited files were then uploaded to my site, but I'm not seeing any field to modify the posts under the manage users section under the ACP. What am I missing? :?:

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”