Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mrshark

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by mrshark »

works on gold for me, with these modifications:

in BUTTONS.CSS add this line instead of that one in the mod:

Code: Select all

.quick-reply-icon span { background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }
in COLOURS.CSS add this line instead of that one in the mod:

.quick-reply-icon span { background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_SRC}"); }
in VIEWTOPIC_BODY.HTML at line 243 of Prosilver Style:

<div class="<!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->locked-icon<!-- ELSE -->reply-icon<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}" title="<!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->{L_TOPIC_LOCKED}<!-- ELSE -->{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF -->"><span></span><!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->{L_TOPIC_LOCKED_SHORT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF --></a></div><!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED --><div class="quick-reply-icon"><a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();" title="{L_QUICK_REPLY}"><span></span>{L_QUICK_REPLY}</a></div><!-- ENDIF -->
added an empty span and missing title attribute to A tag

refresh style! In this way, images alternate themselves on mouse over, no little text on button, and all works as expected on firefox and IE7
statm
Name: Matt

Post by statm »

dkasler wrote:Yes, I just check and that is exactly the problem I am having. Any fix for this?
Not yet.. no...
moifest

Post by moifest »

mrshark wrote:works on gold for me, with these modifications:

.quick-reply-icon span { background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_SRC}"); }

<div class="<!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->locked-icon<!-- ELSE -->reply-icon<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}" title="<!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->{L_TOPIC_LOCKED}<!-- ELSE -->{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF -->"><span></span><!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->{L_TOPIC_LOCKED_SHORT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF --></a></div><!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED --><div class="quick-reply-icon"><a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();" title="{L_QUICK_REPLY}"><span></span>{L_QUICK_REPLY}</a></div><!-- ENDIF -->

refresh style! In this way, images alternate themselves on mouse over, no little text on button, and all works as expected on firefox and IE7

That did the job. After a purge and complete style refresh the image shows for quick reply :P
Megaaf

Post by Megaaf »

and what about DEMO? can't find url... :shock:
rouvio

Post by rouvio »

Works like a charm :geek:

Thank you !
roads ?! Where we are going, we dont need 'roads'..
-------
Emmet Brown.
Scientist.
King of the Cows

Post by King of the Cows »

That looks like it's only for Prosilver. I can't figure out how to make it work under Subsilver.
comarzysko

Post by comarzysko »

I'm trying find where is problem. I gues it is something with lang files, cuz if I did it, then I've got white page.
Blanky

Post by Blanky »

I read that you can't use this with gold - prosilver but would it work with gold - subsilver?
swbfguy

Post by swbfguy »

it does work on gold prosilver, though.. there are just some slight alterations.. a few posts back has the fixes for it
statm

Post by statm »

Blanky wrote:I read that you can't use this with gold - prosilver but would it work with gold - subsilver?
Yes it works fine in subsilver gold..
superroach

Post by superroach »

Argh, this is getting tricky... the http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/download/2921/ version I downloaded doesn't have the .css edits in its steps at all, and following through them is very quick... but no dice.

I'll follow through using the acp panel to edit, instead of direct editing now.

*edit* can anyone confirm if their last step is to add:

//-- mod : Evil Quick Reply ------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
	'IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY'	=> 'Quick reply',
//-- fin mod : Evil Quick Reply --------------------------------------------------------
after:

'IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY'	=> 'Reply topic',
?
statm

Post by statm »

I believe thats an edit to the styles.php lang file not a css edit. But yes that is what your supposed to do, and yes that is the last step of the initial modx file. Then you have the style edits depending on whether you want to install the mod on both prosilver and subsilver2 or just one.
BlackburnRavers

Post by BlackburnRavers »

superroach wrote:Argh, this is getting tricky... the http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/download/2921/ version I downloaded doesn't have the .css edits in its steps at all, and following through them is very quick... but no dice.

I'll follow through using the acp panel to edit, instead of direct editing now.

*edit* can anyone confirm if their last step is to add:

//-- mod : Evil Quick Reply ------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
	'IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY'	=> 'Quick reply',
//-- fin mod : Evil Quick Reply --------------------------------------------------------
after:

'IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY'	=> 'Reply topic',
?
Thats the main install instructions. Once you've finished that open up the template file in the quick reply folder and there you'll find subsilver2 and prosilver instal instructions!
zal

Post by zal »

1. I manually installed Evil Quick Reply (I didn't forget to edit Prosilver theme)
2. Added your corrections.

But there is no changes on the viewtopic page, when I try to check the results! :(

I installed last version of phpbb yesterday. I'm using IE6
Please help :|
You can never be defeated unless you give up.
Pırasa

Post by Pırasa »

May I look screen shot?
Beren Saat Fan Club
She is very very very beautiful=)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”