Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
TheDuke

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by TheDuke »

I've just installed this mod (1.0.1 on 3.0.0.) and things are looking good so far, except that I have two sets of smilies and two sets of BBCode buttons appearing on screen at the same time.

Where have I gone wrong?

Here's what it looks like in Prosilver:

In Subsilver, I'm not getting any BBCode buttons or smilies which isn't a huge disaster, but I'm confused by the discrpency betweenthe ProSilver and Subsilver implementations.

Any help/feedback gratefully received. Thanks.
drbars

Post by drbars »

Evil Quick Reply 1.0.1 bug: If topic is closed I still can add posts :mrgreen:

Seems code should be:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED and not S_IS_LOCKED -->
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

drbars wrote:Evil Quick Reply 1.0.1 bug: If topic is closed I still can add posts :mrgreen:

Seems code should be:

It works fine for me. The reason that You still can use Quick Reply when topic is closed, is that you have admin or mod rights. Ordinary users cant see it or use it if topic is closed.

But there is a bug in the code posted earlier to get smilies and bbcode working.
When this is enabled and the browser is Internet Explorer, You allways jumps to the latest post even if You click to read the topic from the start. But it works fine with Firefox
I know the Author wanted a very simple quick reply, but I really want to use smilies and bbcode.
I am done with phpBB
drbars

Post by drbars »

stokerpiller wrote:It works fine for me. The reason that You still can use Quick Reply when topic is closed, is that you have admin or mod rights. Ordinary users cant see it or use it if topic is closed.
Close any topic. Enter on a forum as guest. Button of quick reply will be present.
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

drbars wrote: Close any topic. Enter on a forum as guest. Button of quick reply will be present.
Okay, I dont use the buttons. I have QR on always.
I am done with phpBB
Sascha Mueller

Post by Sascha Mueller »

TheDuke wrote:I've just installed this mod (1.0.1 on 3.0.0.) and things are looking good so far, except that I have two sets of smilies and two sets of BBCode buttons appearing on screen at the same time.

Where have I gone wrong?

Here's what it looks like in Prosilver:

Look at your code. It's twice the same code!
TheDuke wrote:In Subsilver, I'm not getting any BBCode buttons or smilies which isn't a huge disaster, but I'm confused by the discrpency betweenthe ProSilver and Subsilver implementations.

Subsilver2 I don't know, sorry. :(
Please excuse my bad English, I'm German!
trobinson97

Post by trobinson97 »

This mod isn't working for me. At all. I thought I figured it out, but no, it's still not working. Ah, it's so frustrating. I'e installed it, restored back up files and installed again, and it's still not showing up on my forums. I am gonna try one more time, before saying screw it.
Following rules and regulations is cool! ;)
statm
Name: Matt

Post by statm »

drbars wrote:Evil Quick Reply 1.0.1 bug: If topic is closed I still can add posts :mrgreen:

Seems code should be:

I use that code. But I wanted QR to a member only feature so mine looks like this:

<!- IF S_QR_ENABLED and not S_IS_LOCKED and S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
wmtoo
Name: Josi

Post by wmtoo »

I do not see anything at all in the "install" file where I'm supposed to edit the viewtopic_body.html template and - of course - the QR doesn't work...

Is that information not in the install file?
TheDuke

Post by TheDuke »

Sascha Mueller wrote:
TheDuke wrote:Here's what it looks like in Prosilver:

Look at your code. It's twice the same code!
Cheers for that. I was looking through posting_qr_body.html, but it was late and I didn't notice the repeated code. D'oh @ me.
Sascha Mueller wrote:
TheDuke wrote:In Subsilver, I'm not getting any BBCode buttons or smilies which isn't a huge disaster, but I'm confused by the discrpency betweenthe ProSilver and Subsilver implementations.

Subsilver2 I don't know, sorry. :(
No worries, thanks for taking the time. If anyone can help in getting posting buttons and smilies added to the subSilver2 template, I'd be eternally grateful.
danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen »

Uhm! I've made all the installation struc, refreshed style, theme,... and purge the cache. But I don't see the Quick Reply in any Topic! Please help me!!! Thank you!
my board is http://vietsource.uni.cc
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net
labf

Post by labf »

Hi! I have downloaded your mod, and follow all steps, but a error happen in functions.php (and this is a not a edited file of the mod) why this problem have happened?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/pt_br/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/pt_br/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/pt_br/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/pt_br/common.php:1)
Thnaks! ;)
dravekx
I've Been Banned!

Post by dravekx »

Firstly, Im using Tomo's SmoothBLUE subsilver style. I've also added the Advanced BBCode Box. I added the EVIL QUICK REPLY and it doesnt work at all for me. I've checked the code 5x and had someone else try to install it adn they checked the code. Ive purged the cache, deleted my temp files, refreshed the imageset, and nothing is working.

http://www.fppl.net

Any ideas?
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

OK. I'm frustrated to no end. I cannot get the text box to look right. Here's what I have:

Notice how the border on the right of the text window is cut off and how skinny the reply window is? I post in another forum where it looks like this:

Notice how wide the posting window is and that all borders are in tact? That's what I want, and I can't figure out WHY it isn't working! Image I've even reinstalled it and no matter what I do it won't look right. Any ideas?
Heather
PrattP

Post by PrattP »

I have the same problems as labf. ^^

Help us!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”