Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Esq

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by Esq » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 am

I have a recently installed PHPBB3 Gold and I was trying to install Evil QR mod... I made file updates and I see no changes, I wonder what could go wrong?

I viewed HTML source and where I expect to have additional HTML code, I don't see it:

Code: Select all

<div class="buttons">
			<div class="reply-icon"><a href="./posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=35" title="Ответить"><span></span>Ответить</a></div>
<!-- *** There should be something new here, right? *** -->
		</div>
			<div class="search-box">
I also tried to force QR box be shown using false instead of true:

'hide_box'			=> true,	// Shall the box be hidden on pageload?

this did not help either. Am I missing something? Anything else expected after file modifications? do I also need to turn it on somewhere in admin console?
Last edited by Esq on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

RATT

Post by RATT » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 am

King-Nothing wrote:Well, in this case it was the last word and it didn`t say anything about that in the install-instruction. :o
Right..which meant that was the first find of the instance after the find of:

<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->&nbsp;<a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();">{QUICK_REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
in styles/subsilver2/template/viewtopic_body.html.

Your on the right track. :)
Cheers

King-Nothing

Post by King-Nothing » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:29 am

So what you are saying is that it is always the first find AFTER the last code pasted in the same document?

RATT

Post by RATT » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:30 am

Esq wrote:I have a recently installed PHPBB3 Gold and I was trying to install Evil QR mod... I made file updates and I see no changes, I wonder what could go wrong?

I viewed HTML source and where I expect to have additional HTML code, I don't see it:

<div class="buttons">
			<div class="reply-icon"><a href="./posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=35" title="Ответить"><span></span>Ответить</a></div>
<!-- *** There should be something new here, right? *** -->
		</div>
			<div class="search-box">
I also tried to force QR box be shown using false instead of true:

'hide_box'			=> true,	// Shall the box be hidden on pageload?

this did not help either. Am I missing something? Anything else expected after file modifications? do I also need to turn it on somewhere in admin console?

Did you remember to purge your cache, refresh template files or refresh image sets in the ACP? If your theme is set to store the theme data in the database you will need to refresh that as well.

RATT

Post by RATT » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:34 am

King-Nothing wrote:So what you are saying is that it is always the first find AFTER the last code pasted in the same document?
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 16&t=61611 ;)

Esq

Post by Esq » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:48 am

RATT wrote:
Esq wrote:I have a recently installed PHPBB3 Gold and I was trying to install Evil QR mod... I made file updates and I see no changes, I wonder what could go wrong?
Did you remember to purge your cache, refresh template files or refresh image sets in the ACP? If your theme is set to store the theme data in the database you will need to refresh that as well.
Thank you for attention to my issue, I finally resolved it - I found that I had yet to patch theme files (css and html templates). I originally through that ./install.xml contained full list of file modifications steps, however there are more ./templates/*.xml.
Last edited by Esq on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cewil

Post by cewil » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:02 am

Hello everyone!

Mod works well, but I want to know, why not every bbcode buttons is on the top of the form?

In full reply form everything is ok.

Where should I see the problem? And is this a problem at all?
Thanks!

PS sorry for my english :oops:

climber84

Post by climber84 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:35 pm

vherostar wrote:
climber84 wrote:
neod wrote:I have successfully installed this mod and everything seems to be working fine, except for the button. I went through the ModX files three times and made sure everything is as intended. I have even refreshed templates, imagesets and themes multiple times.

The image won't load, just the text, it's up there in the right directory and in the cfg file. The problem is that the CSS file doesn't put the location in, and the button location CSS attribute is blank. I can hardcode it in, but it's bugging me why it's not working for me.
quite a few of us have the same problem but it seems no one has the answer :cry:
I had the same problem here is the fix!!
1. goto admin panel
2. goto styles
3. goto style components - templates
4. find prosilver/subsilver and refresh it
5. do the same for both themes and image sets

I had the same problem after refreshing them the button magically appeared! I really hope this helps somebody
I refreshed the default prosilver and subsilver plus my Arrow theme for all 3 components and now the image shows! but the problem now is that the text is still there. So the image and text are both showing now!

Jochem25

Post by Jochem25 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:07 pm

hi I have 2 strange problems since I converted / imported the database of my forum:

when i am logged in:
everything in dubbel

and when i am logged out:
there is a post box (glad it is not working)

domain: http://www.cafedekunst.nl

thanx for help

HishamAbu

Post by HishamAbu » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:26 pm

cewil wrote:Mod works well, but I want to know, why not every bbcode buttons is on the top of the form? Where should I see the problem? And is this a problem at all?
This is because the mod is only meant to function as a very simple quick reply, without unnecessary options.
Kind regards, HishamAbu

cewil

Post by cewil » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:35 pm

I think 'quote' button is the necessary then you replay :(
Can I add it by myself?

cewil

Post by cewil » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:41 pm

Jochem25 wrote:hi I have 2 strange problems since I converted / imported the database of my forum:

when i am logged in:
everything in dubbel

and when i am logged out:
there is a post box (glad it is not working)

thanx for help
I think your 'dubbel' because you do
contrib\addons\smilies_bbcodes\install.xml
and also
contrib\addons\smilies_bbcodes\templates\prosilver.xml

Why you have a box for the guests i don't know :(

Jochem25

Post by Jochem25 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:52 am

i did both, but when i remove one of them i don`t get anything anymore?

Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:28 am

Im having the problem of the button not showing up on prosilver and another Prosilver based style.

I have purge the cache and i have refreshed the imageset, themes and templates. What else can i do? ;)
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

stexan78

Post by stexan78 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:44 am

Hi All,
I'm completly new in this forum and in phpbb3 .

I makes some changes to our motorcycle forum , and always before make this mod i tried on my evironment first for be sure of what will be displayed.

I add this mod too and work fine ...there is only one problem and i really don't know how to solve it .
I will try to explain you by a screenshot first :

How you can see after the mod the posts are "oversizing" they are longer then before and the take all the screen ! Where is the problem?
Many Thanks
Stex

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”