Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MCC08

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by MCC08 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:41 pm

Very nice. I like how you put the quick reply box above your buttons. I change mine to do they same so that is a very good idea.

Couple of questions, how did you get your buttons to shows and also two, I have noticed when logged out my QR box shows. How did you get yours to not show to guest?

-Thanks

malibusurfer93

Post by malibusurfer93 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:38 am

hmm im not sure what youre saying

StaticFX

Post by StaticFX » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Ok, im stuck. I have added it all, rechecked everything - cleared caches etc... the QR button graphic wont show?

i just see the words, not the image?

Thanks!

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:09 pm

malibusurfer93 wrote:hmm im not sure what youre saying
On my forum if you are a guest who is not registered and viewing a topic you can see the quick reply box. On your board though as a guest you can not see the quick reply box. I thought this was suppose to be hidden to guest like yours is but mine isn't. I know some others have had this problem but I can not find those posts anymore. Did you do anything for it not to show to guests?

Also did you have any problems with the button not showing?

EDIT: I have fixed the issue with it not showing to Guest. But I am still having the problem with the button not showing. This was installed on a clean install of phpbb3.0.2 with no other mods and still no button. Everything else works perfect. Can we get this resolved because it seems to be a huge problem please?

StaticFX

Post by StaticFX » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:24 pm

I also have the same issue.. clean install (only other mod is the instant post redirect)

no image.

malibusurfer93

Post by malibusurfer93 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:07 pm

im guessing one of the files you edited that included the function of that image was edited wrong. i would go over the install and check. and im pretty sure that mine shows up for guests. actually you know what. ill post the solution.

this is what your code should look like where you locate your button.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_POST_INFO --><a href="{U_POST_NEW_TOPIC}">{POST_IMG}</a>&nbsp;<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_REPLY_INFO --><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}">{REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->&nbsp;<a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();">{QUICK_REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
notice how the quick reply img code is before the <!--ENDIF--> of the reply button. this makes it so that the quick reply button will show up only when the reply button shows up.

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:50 am

That didn't work for me. I even used your entire code and it didn't work. I have installed this on two vanilla boards and the button won't show. The module works perfect with the exception of the button not showing. All I get is the text quick reply. This seems to be a common problem a lot of people are having but no fix for it yet.

leviatan21
Name: Gabriel

Post by leviatan21 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:16 am

MCC08 wrote:That didn't work for me. I even used your entire code and it didn't work. I have installed this on two vanilla boards and the button won't show. The module works perfect with the exception of the button not showing. All I get is the text quick reply. This seems to be a common problem a lot of people are having but no fix for it yet.
Check this , this and this
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:58 pm

Yes my templates are running off the filesystem. Any other ideas?

I just don't know why something so easy as as button is so hard to show when the text shows.

leviatan21
Name: Gabriel

Post by leviatan21 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:27 pm

MCC08 wrote:Yes my templates are running off the filesystem. Any other ideas?

I just don't know why something so easy as as button is so hard to show when the text shows.
Because is a css issue not html :D
But if the template data is stored into the database "recompile" will not be effective.
By default prosilver template is stored into the database, if you do not change to filesystem, you need to modify the template using the ACP -> STYLES -> Templates -> prosilver -> edit :(
did you try this :
do the styles modification using the ACP -> Styles -> Themes -> Edit of your style. ;)
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:03 am

leviatan21 wrote:Because is a css issue not html :D
What does that have to do with anything?
leviatan21 wrote:did you try this :
do the styles modification using the ACP -> Styles -> Themes -> Edit of your style. ;)
Yes I have.... The CSS classes are there for the button. What exactly am I suppose to be looking for and doing? No disrespect but can you quit beating around the bush?

RATT

Post by RATT » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Since so many are having problems and I have none and this mod works flawlessly if all steps are followed correctly, I will post modified code of what your file should look like so that users can compare their file to the modified code.
Open: viewtopic.php

Find:

'WARN_IMG'			=> $user->img('icon_user_warn', 'WARN_USER'),
After/Add:

//-- mod : Evil Quick Reply ------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
	'QUICK_REPLY_IMG'	=> $user->img('button_quick_reply', 'QUICK_REPLY'),
//-- fin mod : Evil Quick Reply --------------------------------------------------------
Modified:

'WARN_IMG'			=> $user->img('icon_user_warn', 'WARN_USER'),
//-- mod : Evil Quick Reply ------------------------------------------------------------
//-- add
	'QUICK_REPLY_IMG'	=> $user->img('button_quick_reply', 'QUICK_REPLY'),
//-- fin mod : Evil Quick Reply --------------------------------------------------------
Find:

page_footer();
Before/Add:

//-- add
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_quick_reply.' . $phpEx);
quick_reply($topic_id, $forum_id, $topic_data);
Modified:

//-- add
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_quick_reply.' . $phpEx);
quick_reply($topic_id, $forum_id, $topic_data);
page_footer();
Open: includes/acp/acp_language.php

Find:

, 'button_topic_reply'
Inline after add:

, 'button_quick_reply'
Modified:

, 'button_topic_reply', 'button_quick_reply'
Open: includes/acp/acp_styles.php

Find:

, 'button_topic_reply'
Inline after add:

, 'button_quick_reply'
Modified:

, 'button_topic_reply', 'button_quick_reply'
Open: language/en/common.php

Find:

'POST_REPLY'			=> 'Post a reply',
After/Add:

//-- add
	'QUICK_REPLY'			=> 'Quick reply',
Modified:

'POST_REPLY'			=> 'Post a reply',
//-- add
	'QUICK_REPLY'			=> 'Quick reply',
Open: language/en/acp/styles.php

Find:

'IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY'	=> 'Reply topic',
After/Add:

//-- add
	'IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY'	=> 'Quick reply',
Modified:

'IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY'	=> 'Reply topic',
//-- add
	'IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY'	=> 'Quick reply',
Open: styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg

Find:

img_button_topic_reply = button_topic_reply.gif*25*96
After/Add:

img_button_quick_reply = button_quick_reply.gif*25*106
Modified:

img_button_topic_reply = button_topic_reply.gif*25*96
img_button_quick_reply = button_quick_reply.gif*25*106
Open: styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html

Find:

{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF --></span></a></div>
Inline after/Add:

<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED --><div class="quick-reply-icon"><a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();"><span>{L_QUICK_REPLY}</span></a></div><!-- ENDIF -->
Modified:

{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF --></span></a></div><!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED --><div class="quick-reply-icon"><a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();"><span>{L_QUICK_REPLY}</span></a></div><!-- ENDIF -->
Find:

<!-- INCLUDE jumpbox.html -->
Before/Add:

<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->
	<!-- INCLUDE posting_qr_body.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
Modified:

<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->
	<!-- INCLUDE posting_qr_body.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- INCLUDE jumpbox.html -->
Open: styles/prosilver/theme/buttons.css

Find:

.reply-icon, .reply-icon a			{ background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }
After/Add:

.quick-reply-icon, .quick-reply-icon a	{ background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }
Modified:

.reply-icon, .reply-icon a			{ background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }
.quick-reply-icon, .quick-reply-icon a	{ background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }
Find:

.buttons div.reply-icon		{ width: {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_HEIGHT}px; }
After/Add:

.buttons div.quick-reply-icon	{ width: {IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_HEIGHT}px; }
Modified:

.buttons div.reply-icon		{ width: {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_HEIGHT}px; }
.buttons div.quick-reply-icon	{ width: {IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_HEIGHT}px; }
Open: styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css

Find:

.reply-icon, .reply-icon a			{ background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_SRC}"); }
After/Add:

.quick-reply-icon, .quick-reply-icon a	{ background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_SRC}"); }
Modified:

.reply-icon, .reply-icon a			{ background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_SRC}"); }
.quick-reply-icon, .quick-reply-icon a	{ background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_SRC}"); }
Don't forget to make backups. refresh your cache, refresh your image cache, upload all files to their respective directories, and the image to the proper directory. This works without any problems at all when modified correctly. Good Luck. :)

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:02 pm

RATT wrote: This works without any problems at all when modified correctly. Good Luck. :)
Mine works perfect as designed with the exception of the button image not showing. All I get is text only that says Quick Reply instead of a button. I am not a newbie by any means. I have been working with code for many years so the margin for error is slim. Especially since I have installed this on two vanilla boards and the same results. I would be more willing to chalk it up to user error, but so many people are having the exact problem. Surely not everyone is messing up the exact same place?

What version of the mod are you using?

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:26 pm

The button sometimes won't show at the beginning, but at the end it works as it should... It is kind of weird, I know, but all my quick reply installations work with no problem.
Just make sure that you have refreshed your themes and imagesets and even try CTRL+F5 to clear your browser's cache. ;)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

RATT

Post by RATT » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:29 am

Now 1 step I didn't follow correctly even though It says to do that (no idea if it really makes a different or not) and that's this bit of code:

{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF --></span></a></div><!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED --><div class="quick-reply-icon"><a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();"><span>{L_QUICK_REPLY}</span></a></div><!-- ENDIF -->
Instead I added on a new line on my board looking like this:

{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF --></span></a></div>
<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED --><div class="quick-reply-icon"><a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();"><span>{L_QUICK_REPLY}</span></a></div><!-- ENDIF -->
I also purged my browser's cache as well. I'm using version 1.0.0a. All of mine work perfectly.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”