Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
onel0ve

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by onel0ve » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:06 am

i get one problem with this when i post using this if i use any bbc code no bbc code is work and if i give post reply its also no count can any one help me

andyp99

Post by andyp99 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:26 am

i installed this mod on phpbb 3.0.2 and it works fine on prosilver.The problem is with subsilver2 where it doesnt show at all.i followed the instructions till i got to here:

Find

Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

{S_POLL_ACTION}

Find

{REPLY_IMG}</a>

In-line Find

Tip: This is a partial match of a line for in-line operations.

{REPLY_IMG}</a>
In-line Add after

<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->&nbsp;<a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();">{QUICK_REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

but there is no in line find of REPLY_IMG}</a> with the {S_POLL_ACTION}

so all i could do was end up with this:

<form method="post" action="{S_POLL_ACTION}"><!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->&nbsp;<a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();">{QUICK_REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

any one any ideas.I have done the usual puging of template,imagesets etc to no avail.

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:24 am

Ok I have finally got the button to show. Only problem is it has text over top of it. This also happens on another button I have for my photo Gallery. Any ideas why this might be happening?

-Thanks

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:41 am

Let me show you a screen shot of what is happening now. Looking closely at the picture you will notice the picture that is showing is the image for the hover. It is missing the button for when the mouse isn't over it so it just shows the text instead. I have gone over the code 3-4 times and refreshed, cleared cached etc. I am not sure what to try now. I am so close, any ideas?

-Thanks
Attachments
qr button.JPG
qr button.JPG (8.97 KiB) Viewed 921 times

RATT

Post by RATT » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:25 am

MCC08 wrote:Let me show you a screen shot of what is happening now. Looking closely at the picture you will notice the picture that is showing is the image for the hover. It is missing the button for when the mouse isn't over it so it just shows the text instead. I have gone over the code 3-4 times and refreshed, cleared cached etc. I am not sure what to try now. I am so close, any ideas?

-Thanks
Your image has an uppercase extension rather than a lowercase extension to match the coding in your files.
Needs to be qr_button.jpg not qr_button.JPG

RATT

Post by RATT » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:36 am

andyp99 wrote:i installed this mod on phpbb 3.0.2 and it works fine on prosilver.The problem is with subsilver2 where it doesnt show at all.i followed the instructions till i got to here:

Find

{S_POLL_ACTION}

Find

{REPLY_IMG}</a>

In-line Find

Tip: This is a partial match of a line for in-line operations.

{REPLY_IMG}</a>
In-line Add after

<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->&nbsp;<a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();">{QUICK_REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

but there is no in line find of REPLY_IMG}</a> with the {S_POLL_ACTION}

so all i could do was end up with this:

<form method="post" action="{S_POLL_ACTION}"><!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->&nbsp;<a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();">{QUICK_REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

any one any ideas.I have done the usual puging of template,imagesets etc to no avail.
The line you need to edit is on 304

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_REPLY_INFO --><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}">{REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
This is how I edited mine

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_REPLY_INFO --><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}">{REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

Ralfiatka

Post by Ralfiatka » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:41 pm

I don't know somebody has the same problem as me so i ask... I'vedone everything like it was written in the document, and i've uploaded files which i was meant to upload, and it doesn't work... my forum: tatushow.com/tr/board

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:13 am

RATT wrote: Your image has an uppercase extension rather than a lowercase extension to match the coding in your files.
Needs to be qr_button.jpg not qr_button.JPG
That is the name of the screen shot, not the name of the button.

Any other ideas?

Dugi
Name: Dukagjin Surdulli

Post by Dugi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:48 am

PM me for custom extension pricing / My validated MODs / My MODs in development

Ralfiatka

Post by Ralfiatka » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Somebody can help me?

rasheemo

Post by rasheemo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:59 pm

i've followed all the directions carefully, double checked them, refreshed templates, purged cache, refreshed image sets, made sure theme was set to file system, and STILL the button won't show, although it DOES work because i get a "Quick reply" text link but no image.

can someone help?

g3unes

Post by g3unes » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Same here, I tried it a few times thinking I did something wrong the previous times but I followed everything to the letter and still there is no button. :(

I don't really understand that there's (still) no 'official' solution to this problem that is posted about in about every of the 100 pages in this topic. I litterily tried every possible way that people posted and none of the above helped and people are still posting about the missing button.. :?

I really hope someone could make a fix or something that actually works !

Greetings

MCC08

Post by MCC08 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:35 am

MCC08 wrote:Let me show you a screen shot of what is happening now. Looking closely at the picture you will notice the picture that is showing is the image for the hover. It is missing the button for when the mouse isn't over it so it just shows the text instead. I have gone over the code 3-4 times and refreshed, cleared cached etc. I am not sure what to try now. I am so close, any ideas?

-Thanks
Anyone know a fix for the text showing over the button?

Everyone else with the button not showing clear your cache in the ACP under styles>imageset

rasheemo

Post by rasheemo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:55 am

why don't you listen? all of us HAVE refreshed the image sets, AND purged cache AND refreshed the templates. stop giving us the same damn "fixes". jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket.

g3unes

Post by g3unes » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:09 am

Right, I refreshed everything more then 10 times, doesn't work.

edit: To check it again I actually installed wampserver and installed phpBB 3.0.2 and test it out there. Like I did when I first tried to install the MOD on a other ftp the button didn't show up, I really checked and rechecked every step and refreshed the template, theme and imageset + I purged the cache and even then it's not showing the button! :cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”