Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
assam_siddibapa
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:25 am

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by assam_siddibapa » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:06 pm

icydude wrote:I am having an issue with the quick reply button.

The text shows up but the image does not. I am currently trying to apply this to the eMuza2 style.
this is what i get;

Image

I have cleared the cache, both browser and server as well as refreshed the imageset.
I have the same problem ...
I refreshed every thing related to the theme .. and also cleared the cache .
What should i do ?

User avatar
leviatan21
Registered User
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Name: Gabriel

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by leviatan21 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 pm

assam_siddibapa wrote:
icydude wrote:I am having an issue with the quick reply button.

The text shows up but the image does not. I am currently trying to apply this to the eMuza2 style.
this is what i get;

Image

I have cleared the cache, both browser and server as well as refreshed the imageset.
I have the same problem ...
I refreshed every thing related to the theme .. and also cleared the cache .
What should i do ?
If you do ( or think that you do ;) ) every thing and didn't work, please post your forum address so we can check it ;)
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español

User avatar
leviatan21
Registered User
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Name: Gabriel

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by leviatan21 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:23 pm

assam_siddibapa wrote:I refreshed every thing related to the theme .. and also cleared the cache .
What should i do ?
You need to clear the cache, refresh the template, refresh the theme and also refresh the imageset :|
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español

User avatar
monoxera
Registered User
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by monoxera » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Hello there! I just installed this but i have a question. i did all the file changes in the install.xml

i also copied and pasted the
\templates\prosilver\imageset\en\button_quick_reply
and the
\templates\prosilver\template\posting_qr_body

now what do i do? i cleared everything purge cache template, theme, imagesets now what do i do i still can't see it!
Last edited by ckwalsh on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed super large text, please check your PMs

Code: Select all

Dum dum dum

User avatar
leviatan21
Registered User
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Name: Gabriel

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by leviatan21 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm

monoxera wrote:Hello there! I just installed this but i have a question. i did all the file changes in the install.xml

i also copied and pasted the
\templates\prosilver\imageset\en\button_quick_reply
and the
\templates\prosilver\template\posting_qr_body

now what do i do? i cleared everything purge cache template, theme, imagesets now what do i do i still can't see it!
Did you also follow the instruction for the template changes and edit the viewtopic_body.html ?
templates/prosilver.xml ?
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español

User avatar
monoxera
Registered User
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by monoxera » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:16 am

leviatan21 wrote:
monoxera wrote:Hello there! I just installed this but i have a question. i did all the file changes in the install.xml

i also copied and pasted the
\templates\prosilver\imageset\en\button_quick_reply
and the
\templates\prosilver\template\posting_qr_body

now what do i do? i cleared everything purge cache template, theme, imagesets now what do i do i still can't see it!
Did you also follow the instruction for the template changes and edit the viewtopic_body.html ?
templates/prosilver.xml ?
If this was the case then maybe you should write that in the install.xml file for other people to better understand it?

Where are the instructions for editing viewtopic_body.html and prosilver.xml? and to even start i don't even see a templates/prosilver.xml file inside my FTP that i have to edit.

Code: Select all

Dum dum dum

User avatar
monoxera
Registered User
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by monoxera » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 am

also what's everything in this contrib/addons files for? seriously why put unneccasrry files in ?

god this is getting ridiculous.

why are you even putting up a mod that doesn't have full instructions in the install.xml???

why can't your mod just be a simple instructions that tells you everything to do on the install.xml?

just absurd

Code: Select all

Dum dum dum

User avatar
Tripp
Former Team Member
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 5:14 am
Location: G'boro, North Carolina
Name: Tripp
Contact:

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by Tripp » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:16 am

monoxera wrote:also what's everything in this contrib/addons files for? seriously why put unneccasrry files in ?

god this is getting ridiculous.

why are you even putting up a mod that doesn't have full instructions in the install.xml???

why can't your mod just be a simple instructions that tells you everything to do on the install.xml?

just absurd
Wow, you're ridiculous and I hope you're banned.

The contrib folder is for extra addons that people might want to use, if you don't want them, then don't use them. The mod has full instructions, for your information, the MODX standard, which mod authors have to go by when writing mods, says to have the core changes in the install.xml file and the style changes for prosilver and subsilver in a separate folder. Sorry if you don't seem to agree with that but don't blame the mod, the mod author or anyone else for your incompetence.

Not to mention, all this is free and MODS are optional, I dunno why you seem to think you have to install them and then blame others because of your mistakes.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs

User avatar
monoxera
Registered User
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by monoxera » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:48 am

Drugs wrote:
monoxera wrote:also what's everything in this contrib/addons files for? seriously why put unneccasrry files in ?

god this is getting ridiculous.

why are you even putting up a mod that doesn't have full instructions in the install.xml???

why can't your mod just be a simple instructions that tells you everything to do on the install.xml?

just absurd
Wow, you're ridiculous and I hope you're banned.

The contrib folder is for extra addons that people might want to use, if you don't want them, then don't use them. The mod has full instructions, for your information, the MODX standard, which mod authors have to go by when writing mods, says to have the core changes in the install.xml file and the style changes for prosilver and subsilver in a separate folder. Sorry if you don't seem to agree with that but don't blame the mod, the mod author or anyone else for your incompetence.

Not to mention, all this is free and MODS are optional, I dunno why you seem to think you have to install them and then blame others because of your mistakes.
dont bring personal matters in this thread. you and i had a talk on AIM and ytou got butthurt over me doing something wrong on a mod so you got mad and you said "dude fk off, leave me alone"

lmfao

gg kid gg

no wonder your gf dumped you

PSSH telling ME stories of how sad you were that day? i was only using you so i could get my mods done nub

Code: Select all

Dum dum dum

User avatar
leviatan21
Registered User
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 am
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Name: Gabriel

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by leviatan21 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:25 am

monoxera wrote:If this was the case then maybe you should write that in the install.xml file for other people to better understand it?

Where are the instructions for editing viewtopic_body.html and prosilver.xml? and to even start i don't even see a templates/prosilver.xml file inside my FTP that i have to edit.
Hey monoxera :

This is an approved mod, and follow all the rules according the date it was developer.
MODX instructions are all fine,

Once you unpack the evil_quick_reply_1_0_1.zip
You have to follow the evil_quick_reply_1_0_1.zip -> install.xml instructions
Then ( also according the MOD rules ) you go to the evil_quick_reply_1_0_1.zip -> templates and follow the instructions according your style typeprosilver.xml or subsilver2.xml.
Whit this 2 install instruction you mod should work fine.

Then the author, because he wants, write an add-ons to his mod, according the MODS rules the extra install MUST go inside a folder named contrib the instructions ( in this case ) is for display bbcodes buttons and smilies.
You can install or not, that's is your choice ;)
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español

User avatar
Demon of Darkness
Registered User
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:53 am
Location: In a house
Contact:

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by Demon of Darkness » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:20 am

Is this MOD compatible with phpBB 3.0.4?

User avatar
monoxera
Registered User
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by monoxera » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:21 am

Sorry if I seemed like a jerk earlier.

Where does it say to edit anything in templates?

Code: Select all

Files to Edit

    * viewtopic.php,
    * includes/acp/acp_language.php,
    * includes/acp/acp_styles.php,
    * language/en/common.php,
    * language/en/acp/styles.php

Included Files

    * root/includes/functions_quick_reply.php
That is all that was given. Nothing about changing templates.

And with prosilver.xml when I open it it says:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../modx.prosilver.en.xsl"?>
<!--For security purposes, please check: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/ for the latest version of this MOD. Although MODs are checked before being allowed in the MODs Database there is no guarantee that there are no security problems within the MOD. No support will be given for MODs not found within the MODs Database which can be found at http://www.phpbb.com/mods/-->
<mod xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.phpbb.com/mods/xml/modx-1.0.xsd">
	<header>
		<license>http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU General Public License v2</license>
		<title lang="en-gb">Evil Quick Reply - prosilver</title>
		<description lang="en-gb">...</description>
		<author-notes lang="en-gb">...</author-notes>
		<author-group>
			<author>
				<realname>Igor Wiedler</realname>
				<email>evil@phpbbmodders.net</email>
				<username>eviL<3</username>
				<homepage>http://phpbbmodders.net</homepage>
				<contributions />
			</author>
		</author-group>
		<mod-version>
			<major>1</major>
			<minor>0</minor>
			<revision>1</revision>
		</mod-version>
		<installation>
			<level>easy</level>
			<time>300</time>
			<target-version>
				<target-primary>3.0.0</target-primary>
				<target-major allow="exact">3</target-major>
				<target-minor allow="exact">0</target-minor>
			</target-version>
		</installation>
	</header>
	<action-group>
		<copy>
			<file from="templates/prosilver/imageset/en/button_quick_reply.gif" to="styles/prosilver/imageset/en/button_quick_reply.gif" />
			<file from="templates/prosilver/template/posting_qr_body.html" to="styles/prosilver/template/posting_qr_body.html" />
		</copy>
		<open src="styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg">
			<edit>
				<find>img_button_topic_reply = button_topic_reply.gif*25*96</find>
				<action type="after-add">img_button_quick_reply = button_quick_reply.gif*25*106</action>
			</edit>
		</open>
		<open src="styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html">
			<edit>
				<find>{S_POLL_ACTION}</find>
				<find><![CDATA[<div class="<!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->locked-icon<!-- ELSE -->reply-icon<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}" title="<!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->{L_TOPIC_LOCKED}<!-- ELSE -->{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF -->"><span></span><!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->{L_TOPIC_LOCKED_SHORT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF --></a></div>]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED --><div class="quick-reply-icon"><a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();" title="{L_QUICK_REPLY}"><span></span>{L_QUICK_REPLY}</a></div><!-- ENDIF -->]]></action>
			</edit>
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[<!-- INCLUDE jumpbox.html -->]]></find>
				<action type="before-add"><![CDATA[<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->
	<!-- INCLUDE posting_qr_body.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->]]></action>
			</edit>
		</open>
		<open src="styles/prosilver/theme/buttons.css">
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[.reply-icon span	{ background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[.quick-reply-icon span	{ background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }]]></action>
			</edit>
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[.buttons div.reply-icon		{ width: {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_HEIGHT}px; }]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[.buttons div.quick-reply-icon	{ width: {IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_HEIGHT}px; }]]></action>
			</edit>
		</open>
		<open src="styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css">
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[.reply-icon span	{ background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_SRC}"); }]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[.quick-reply-icon span	{ background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_SRC}"); }]]></action>
			</edit>
		</open>
	</action-group>
</mod>
Okay, what am I supposed to do? How coem it doesn't show nicely like the install.xml

this is too "pure" code

Code: Select all

Dum dum dum

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by Hippie459MN » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:42 pm

monoxera wrote:Sorry if I seemed like a jerk earlier.

Where does it say to edit anything in templates?

Code: Select all

Files to Edit

    * viewtopic.php,
    * includes/acp/acp_language.php,
    * includes/acp/acp_styles.php,
    * language/en/common.php,
    * language/en/acp/styles.php

Included Files

    * root/includes/functions_quick_reply.php
That is all that was given. Nothing about changing templates.

And with prosilver.xml when I open it it says:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../modx.prosilver.en.xsl"?>
<!--For security purposes, please check: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/ for the latest version of this MOD. Although MODs are checked before being allowed in the MODs Database there is no guarantee that there are no security problems within the MOD. No support will be given for MODs not found within the MODs Database which can be found at http://www.phpbb.com/mods/-->
<mod xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.phpbb.com/mods/xml/modx-1.0.xsd">
	<header>
		<license>http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU General Public License v2</license>
		<title lang="en-gb">Evil Quick Reply - prosilver</title>
		<description lang="en-gb">...</description>
		<author-notes lang="en-gb">...</author-notes>
		<author-group>
			<author>
				<realname>Igor Wiedler</realname>
				<email>evil@phpbbmodders.net</email>
				<username>eviL<3</username>
				<homepage>http://phpbbmodders.net</homepage>
				<contributions />
			</author>
		</author-group>
		<mod-version>
			<major>1</major>
			<minor>0</minor>
			<revision>1</revision>
		</mod-version>
		<installation>
			<level>easy</level>
			<time>300</time>
			<target-version>
				<target-primary>3.0.0</target-primary>
				<target-major allow="exact">3</target-major>
				<target-minor allow="exact">0</target-minor>
			</target-version>
		</installation>
	</header>
	<action-group>
		<copy>
			<file from="templates/prosilver/imageset/en/button_quick_reply.gif" to="styles/prosilver/imageset/en/button_quick_reply.gif" />
			<file from="templates/prosilver/template/posting_qr_body.html" to="styles/prosilver/template/posting_qr_body.html" />
		</copy>
		<open src="styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg">
			<edit>
				<find>img_button_topic_reply = button_topic_reply.gif*25*96</find>
				<action type="after-add">img_button_quick_reply = button_quick_reply.gif*25*106</action>
			</edit>
		</open>
		<open src="styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html">
			<edit>
				<find>{S_POLL_ACTION}</find>
				<find><![CDATA[<div class="<!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->locked-icon<!-- ELSE -->reply-icon<!-- ENDIF -->"><a href="{U_POST_REPLY_TOPIC}" title="<!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->{L_TOPIC_LOCKED}<!-- ELSE -->{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF -->"><span></span><!-- IF S_IS_LOCKED -->{L_TOPIC_LOCKED_SHORT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_POST_REPLY}<!-- ENDIF --></a></div>]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED --><div class="quick-reply-icon"><a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();" title="{L_QUICK_REPLY}"><span></span>{L_QUICK_REPLY}</a></div><!-- ENDIF -->]]></action>
			</edit>
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[<!-- INCLUDE jumpbox.html -->]]></find>
				<action type="before-add"><![CDATA[<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->
	<!-- INCLUDE posting_qr_body.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->]]></action>
			</edit>
		</open>
		<open src="styles/prosilver/theme/buttons.css">
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[.reply-icon span	{ background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[.quick-reply-icon span	{ background: transparent none 0 0 no-repeat; }]]></action>
			</edit>
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[.buttons div.reply-icon		{ width: {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_HEIGHT}px; }]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[.buttons div.quick-reply-icon	{ width: {IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_WIDTH}px; height: {IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_HEIGHT}px; }]]></action>
			</edit>
		</open>
		<open src="styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css">
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[.reply-icon span	{ background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_SRC}"); }]]></find>
				<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[.quick-reply-icon span	{ background-image: url("{IMG_BUTTON_QUICK_REPLY_SRC}"); }]]></action>
			</edit>
		</open>
	</action-group>
</mod>
Okay, what am I supposed to do? How coem it doesn't show nicely like the install.xml

this is too "pure" code
Open it with Internet Explorer. Some reason firefox has issues. :)

Now are we back to being nice? ;)

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21034
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Hippie459MN wrote:Open it with Internet Explorer. Some reason firefox has issues. :)
That's because FF does not allow a file to be opened that is above whatever directory you are currently in. This was/is a known issue only with FF and the MOD Team changed the MOD building rules/guidelines to reflect that. This mod hasn't been updated in almost two years (MODx 1.0 and phpBB 3.0.0 :shock:) so you (that's not at any one in particular), as an administrator, have to have some idea of how to proceed. And if you don't, then you ask in a cordial/polite way, not in a "I demand this" type of way. It's called "internet etiquette" ;)

If it is too difficult to install a mod, then don't. But don't go around blaming the mod authors who spend a considerable amount of time building these mods for the communities enjoyment/use.

Also, monoxera you will get "more bees with honey than you will with vinegar". ;)
Now are we back to being nice? ;)
I certainly farken hope so!!
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

User avatar
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member
Posts: 3420
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:18 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by ChrisRLG » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm

May I ask that all in this topic 'cool down'.

I will not have bad language being aired, or name calling.

This is a friendly reminder - to ALL - to follow those simple rules of good clean langauge and no name calling etc.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”