Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Evil Quick Reply

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Evil Quick Reply
Author: igorw
Modification description: This modification will add a hidden quick reply form to the bottom of the viewtopic page. It adds a "Quick reply" image next to "Post reply", that will display the quick reply form when clicked. The goal of this MOD is not to offer as many features as possible, it's built to be as simple as possible.
Modification version: 1.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.0

Download file: evil_quick_reply_1_0_1.zip
File size: 44692 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Modifications Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Evil Quick Reply

Post by Handyman` »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
The description says it all.
"The goal of this MOD is not to offer as many features as possible, it's built to be as simple as possible."

Yet it still has some cool features :)

You must have javascript enabled to use this MOD.
After installation, make sure you purge the cache and refresh all the styles through the ACP to get everything to show up correctly.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
yaw_pakhtoon

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by yaw_pakhtoon »

I'll be the second person to say thank you.

Thank YOU..
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

FAQ POST - READ THIS BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS

NOTHING HAPPENS...
  1. Make sure you made the style edits. They are in the templates/ folder. Follow the instructions of prosilver.xml / subsilver2.xml
  2. Make sure you refreshed templates, imagesets and themes in the acp. Go to the admin control panel -> styles. Select Templates on the left and hit "refresh" next to your style. Repeat for imagesets and templates.
  3. Make sure you uploaded all your files.
  4. Using the latest version?
Found a bug? Please report it here: http://phpbbmodders.net/tracker.php?p=1 But check if it's been reported and/or fixed yet.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
T50

Post by T50 »

i waited for evil to reply first..
so he can have an early post! that he can edit for updates and info!
good mod, I might use it!
Free Webhosting with option of getting paid plan <-- No Ads, No Pop-ups, Absolutely free/ or use promo code T50 to get a 10% discount on paid plan!
Make a few $$ in under a few minutes, easy to do

Webmaster of a Northeast Wisconsin Boy Scout Troop Website, http://bsat50.info
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

T50 wrote:i waited for evil to reply first..
Doesn’t always happen, he was probably asleep when we validated the MOD. :D
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

T50 wrote:i waited for evil to reply first..
good mod, I might use it!
Thanks, very kind :)
Highway of Life wrote:Doesn’t always happen, he was probably asleep when we validated the MOD. :D
Image :twisted:
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
BlackburnRavers

Post by BlackburnRavers »

is this an update from the beta vesion? it prob is but just makin sure tho.
tomcat22

Post by tomcat22 »

Thanx for what looks like an interesting mod.

I am having a bit of trouble. I am using the subsilver based theme called TECH-B.

I have installed your mod and nothing happens. I know the code is working because I placed a bug to cause the code to error. It broke exactly where it should have.

The main problem I have is that there is no button showing for the quick reply. I have the new topic and the post reply buttons, on the lower left of the post window, but there is no quick reply button.

At this point I have a quick reply, but no way to access it.

Thank You
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

BlackburnRavers wrote:is this an update from the beta vesion? it prob is but just makin sure tho.
Yes, replace the old files with the new ones.
tomcat22 wrote:The main problem I have is that there is no button showing for the quick reply. I have the new topic and the post reply buttons, on the lower left of the post window, but there is no quick reply button.
Did you refresh imagesets in the ACP?
yaw_pakhtoon

Post by yaw_pakhtoon »

tomcat22 wrote:The main problem I have is that there is no button showing for the quick reply. I have the new topic and the post reply buttons, on the lower left of the post window, but there is no quick reply button.
Did you refresh imagesets in the ACP?[/quote]

I had that problem too, but i works now, after refreshing it. :D
Thanks
yaw_pakhtoon

Post by yaw_pakhtoon »

i got one more question.. you know the button is on the top of the page.. how do you put it on the bottom of the page :?:
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

yaw_pakhtoon wrote:i got one more question.. you know the button is on the top of the page.. how do you put it on the bottom of the page :?:
If it's at the top, you didn't follow the instructions correctly :)
yaw_pakhtoon

Post by yaw_pakhtoon »

If it's at the top, you didn't follow the instructions correctly :)[/quote]
i think i did.. i went over it twice.. :?
BlackburnRavers

Post by BlackburnRavers »

yo evil, im trying to install the bbcode & smiles code in the addons file, when i try to view a message after i place in the code i get this error:-

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: add_form_key() in /home/l13blac/public_html/blackburnraversforum/includes/functions_quick_reply.php on line 126
any idea what i could be?

Edited:- It shows this error when the addon code hasn't ben placed in the functions_quick_reply.php file.
Last edited by BlackburnRavers on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”