Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
kikko088

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by kikko088 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:56 pm

yes, I check the file and it is ok, with the modification.

kikko088

kikko088

Post by kikko088 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:15 pm

if I put javascript:toggle_quick_reply() in the url bar the box compare, then I think is a problem of button...i fI go in PCA, set-image there isn't the quick replay option but I have 2 answer topic (it) and 2 answer topic (en)

leviatan21
Name: Gabriel

Post by leviatan21 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:45 pm

kikko088 wrote:if I put javascript:toggle_quick_reply() in the url bar the box compare, then I think is a problem of button...i fI go in PCA, set-image there isn't the quick replay option but I have 2 answer topic (it) and 2 answer topic (en)
The QR button will be able once you add the imageset.cfg part and refresh the theme trough the ACP ;)
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español

kikko088

Post by kikko088 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:56 pm

ok, I'have find the problem....in the acp_style I had copy a wrong code...now it's all ok

thank you
kikko088

Dreampiece

Post by Dreampiece » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:10 pm

This is a great and easy mod to install. Working great on my forum =) Thank you!

jamiew23

Post by jamiew23 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:59 pm

just installed this mod and its brilliant.

How do i get the quick reply button at the top as well as the bottom???

Also how do i install the smilies_bbcodes for subsilver2???

Thanks everyone
The Student Wire - A place for students to chat and chill

www.thestudentwire.com

leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 am

jamiew23 wrote:How do i get the quick reply button at the top as well as the bottom???
Hi jamiew23 :
During the template install you have a FIND without any other action followed for another FIND
if you ignore the first FIND and perform the second FIND you will do the change in top of the page
jamiew23 wrote:Also how do i install the smilies_bbcodes for subsilver2???
Subsilver2

jamiew23

Post by jamiew23 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 am

Okay thanks I did it :D

Is there a way to do it so that when you press the quick reply button at the top it will automatically jump to the bottom of the page where the quick reply is?

Thanks
The Student Wire - A place for students to chat and chill

www.thestudentwire.com

leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:55 pm

jamiew23 wrote:Is there a way to do it so that when you press the quick reply button at the top it will automatically jump to the bottom of the page where the quick reply is?
I not to easy to implement, :oops:
jamiew23 wrote:Also in the subsilver2 smilies and bbcode installation I take it I still need to follow the contrib\addons\smilies_bbcodes\Install.xml file It says in it FIND 'resize' problem is there are 2 'resize' which one is the right one?
Always the first coincidence, from the position you are at the file, in this case from the beginning of the file, others from the last find ( as the button addition ) :D

Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 am

I installed this nice mod and subsilver is working properly with + - buttons showing. I set it up for quick reply textbox to always be showing. I adjusted the size of the box to make it smaller. Everything is good. In prosilver I am having a problem. The + - buttons are not showing up and I cannot figure out where to adjust the size of the textbox in the code. Can anyone show me which code to edit?

leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 am

Mr.Victor wrote:I installed this nice mod and subsilver is working properly with + - buttons showing. I set it up for quick reply textbox to always be showing. I adjusted the size of the box to make it smaller. Everything is good. In prosilver I am having a problem. The + - buttons are not showing up and I cannot figure out where to adjust the size of the textbox in the code. Can anyone show me which code to edit?
Prosilver2 haven't the resize feature, but you can try this :

Code: Select all

#
#---- [OPEN] ----
#
root/styles/prosilver/template/posting_qr_body.html
#
#---- [FIND] ----
#
//-->
</script>
#
#---- [BEFORE ADD] ----
#
<!-- IF S_QR_RESIZE -->
/**
 * Resize a textbox
 * Original function by Disturbed One (http://www.hvmdesign.com/)
 */
function textbox_resize(pix)
{
	var box			= document.getElementById('message');
	var new_height	= (parseInt(box.style.height) ? parseInt(box.style.height) : 300) + pix;

if (new_height > 0)
	{
		box.style.height = new_height + 'px';
	}

return false;
}
<!-- ENDIF -->
#
#---- [FIND] ----
#
			<h3>{L_POST_REPLY}</h3>
#
#---- [BEFORE ADD] ----
#
			<!-- IF S_QR_RESIZE -->
				<div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_END};">
					<input type="button" value=" + " class="button1" onclick="textbox_resize(10);" />&nbsp;<input type="button" value=" - " class="button1" onclick="textbox_resize(-10);" />
				</div>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
Don't forget refresh the template

Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:14 am

Thank you very much Leviatan21!!! That worked well. I'm still amazed that there is no way to set the initial size of the textbox in prosilver. That seems crazy.

Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 pm

So because of some issues with another mod I had to wipe my board and start with a fresh install. When it came to installing the quick reply again, I actually found 'Mini Quick Reply'. It is a stripped down version of this 'Evil Quick Reply' and the developer gives credit to evil <3 on the mod release page so I'm assuming they know each other somehow. When I installed Evil Quick Reply, I had to do some light modding to keep the quick reply open by default. I then removed button because who is going to go through the trouble to close quick reply? The plus minus to expand and contract the text box was cool but not 100% necessary. Anyhow, my point is, if you don't want all the extra stuff like me (just a text box with a submit button), then 'Mini Quick Reply' is the way to go (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=937055). I hope I am not being rude by posting this here. Like I said I assume dyn and evil <3 are associated and that code was not stolen. If I crossed the line by promoting Mini Quick Reply in the Evil Quick Reply thread, then by all means please delete this post. I just want to let modders know that if you want a real basic stripped down quick reply, the go with Mini. If you want more features, then go with Evil.
Last edited by Mr.Victor on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:13 pm

duplicate

djab
Name: Andrew B

Post by djab » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:20 am

Ok i am using the proformell style and i installed the evil quick reply mod. I installed it using AutoMOD 1.0.0 RC2. I did not get any errors and made sure i followed all of the necessary steps to install the MOD. My board works fine but this MOD does not show. How can i fix this?
I am running 3.0.5.
▶Andrew Benson - DJAB Hosting
▶Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Unmanaged & Managed VPSs (OpenVZ & Xen), Dedicated Servers, Pittsburgh Colocation, and more!
www.DJABHosting.com - Business Class Hosting Solutions Since 2009

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”