Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Masta Dev

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by Masta Dev »

hey i install this on acid tech green theme and nuttin show up. some 1 help me out??
masi

Post by masi »

figured it out. a template file was somehow corrupted. working now: nice mod, thx for advice!
Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 »

Masta Dev wrote:hey i install this on acid tech green theme and nuttin show up. some 1 help me out??
Is the style based on subsilver2 if not then it could not work as codes would be different. :)
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services
IronDogg

Post by IronDogg »

Do any Black_Pearl style users out there have a Quick Reply Posting Button Icon that I can have? Currently I am using the subsilver icon on my black pearl, so it looks a little off...
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

how do I make the quick reply box a bit shorter? It is a bit too long at the moment.

Great MOD though :D
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

Can anybody please tell me how I make BBCode and smilies work in subsilver2?
I am done with phpBB
sherylls

Post by sherylls »

I'm having problems installing on my subsilver2 theme. The installation file is making me tilt my head to the side and say "wha?"

I have three questions -
1. Do I add the "in-line after add" part to both of these?

2. If so, with the POST_ACTION, my code looks like this -

Code: Select all

<form method="post" action="{S_POLL_ACTION}">
Should it look like this when I'm done?

Code: Select all

<form method="post" action="{S_POLL_ACTION}<!-- IF S_QR_ENABLED -->&nbsp;<a href="javascript:toggle_quick_reply();">{QUICK_REPLY_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->">
3. the REPLY_IMG is unclear and there are two instances; do I add it after the first or second instance... or both?

I'm sorry if these have already been asked; I looked and looked until my eyes crossed and the cows came home but couldn't find an answer.
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Actually, the two find commands mean that you initially have to find the first piece of code and after that code you find the second piece of code.
So that you know that if the second piece of code exists five times in the page, the one that matters is the one after the first find... ;)

I hope U understood my explanation ... :roll:
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
sherylls

Post by sherylls »

ChriZathens wrote:Actually, the two find commands mean that you initially have to find the first piece of code and after that code you find the second piece of code.
So that you know that if the second piece of code exists five times in the page, the one that matters is the one after the first find... ;)

I hope U understood my explanation ... :roll:
I do understand - that makes a lot more sense then what I was doing ... and it explains why I couldn't get it to work. ;) Thanks!
sherylls

Post by sherylls »

Oops... one more question. I've got the quick reply working on the subsilver theme and, as many people have commented, there aren't instructions for the smiley/bbcode addon. I'm assuming since the prosilver theme is coded differently, I can't apply those instructions to the subsilver theme. Are there instructions somewhere or is the add-on for prosilver only?
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Try the code from the following post... ;)

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p3721025
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
floreksa

Post by floreksa »

I've got what is probably a dumb problem.

We've installed it on prosilver and it works great. We also installed it on another theme Anna which i believe is prosilver based. It works, but we don't have a "quick reply" icon, just a hyperlink with the words "quick reply".

I can't figure out how to get it to show the icon.

thanks!
sherylls

Post by sherylls »

ChriZathens wrote:Try the code from the following post... ;)

You're my hero! It works beautifully now.
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

ChriZathens wrote:Try the code from the following post... ;)

Very nice :mrgreen:
Now I would like the custom bbcodes to appear as well.
Can this be done?
I am done with phpBB
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

So how do I make the quick reply box a bit thinner than it appears by default? It is a bit big

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”