Evil Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
King-Nothing

Re: Evil Quick Reply

Post by King-Nothing »

I`ve installed this mod, and everything workes great. But I`m having some trouble with really big fontsize when I log in, log out and enter the ucp. Everything is the ucp.php

There are also a couple of places in the acp where the fontsize is really big.

Is started after installing this mod, so does anybody know where I might have screwed up?
Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 »

King-Nothing wrote:I`m having some trouble with really big fontsize when I log in, log out and enter the ucp. Everything is the ucp.php
:? What do you mean?
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services
King-Nothing

Post by King-Nothing »

I replaced ucp.php with the "original" one, and that did the trick. I`ve tried it before, but without any luck.

What I mean is that when you click on log in, the fontsize gets a lot bigger. They you`re sent to the index.php and everything looks like it should. But if you enter the ucp everything is with a huge fontsize.

http://bildr.no/view/156041
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

Have you checked if any of your members experience the same problem or tried with a different browser?
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
TFerreira

Post by TFerreira »

Do you have to do something involving SQL Code Modifications? At the first post it says that I need to but I don't see anywhere what...
adunakhor

Post by adunakhor »

JasonWade wrote:
m-tuning.nl wrote:
kipin wrote:Hi, I made it so the quick reply is auto shown (no hide) but now the cursor steals focus and automatically jumps the page down to the quick reply.

Is there any way to keep this from happening? I don't want the cursor to auto-move to the quick reply box.

I had the same problem.

Here's the fix:
I've found a fix...
OPEN:
style\<stylename>\template\editor.js

FIND FIRST INSTANCE OF:
textarea.focus();

COMMENT IT OUT:
//textarea.focus();
this doesn't seem to work for me, anyone else got a solution for the jumping down to the qr box?

I need the fix for the subsilver2 based styles btw, don't know if that's why the above doesn't work for me...
This worked for me. The focus jumping to the quick reply box was about the last annoyance I had with this particular mod. Thanks for the fix. I've got this working in my forums using the fiproblack style. You can take a look at it at http://kohf-guild.com

Also, this focus problem was only an issue in internet explorer. Firefox didn't have the cursor problem even before I commented out the textarea.focus();
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

Glad it work for you, but I still got the problem though, no one got another solution?
pinkshades05

Post by pinkshades05 »

Ok, I'm getting this problem and I can't figure out where it's coming from. Both the Post Reply and the Quick Reply (along with the "Top" icon) are all shown as text now. I've checked all of my codes to see if they are right and they are. I've purged the cache and refreshed my theme about a hundred times. I've been through all 65 or so pages of this thread and haven't found a situation like this. Any ideas??

Ok, I did manage to improve it to this --->

Help?
dmtalon

Post by dmtalon »

Are the "extra" formatting buttons working for anyone?

i applied the 'addon' part into subsilver2 and another style I use but the buttons do not do alter the text. I seems to work fine for prosilver
pinkshades05

Post by pinkshades05 »

Nevermind. I fixed it!
PrometheusKZ

Post by PrometheusKZ »

Recommend you to try http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=4782745

I've already uninstalled 2 MODs by evil... and changed for MODs of rxu. Second MOD is Instant Redirect - fully uncorrect.

Thanks.
Hannibal_King

Post by Hannibal_King »

Phew, i just listed the whole topic :shock: but i still cant find an answer to my problems :(

1. how to fix the problem that is in IE7? the quick reply is toggled on every page reload :roll:
2. how to add options to quick reply box? (Disable smilies, Do not automatically parse URLs, Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP), Notify me when a reply is posted, ...)
ever-fresh

Post by ever-fresh »

Hello.
its my 1st time to play with MODs.
while giving this MOD on my forum. it gives error :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/apnanet/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_styles.php on line 1782

here is the acp_styles.php editing. is this not ok ?

Code: Select all

'buttons'	=> array(
				'icon_back_top', 'icon_contact_aim', 'icon_contact_email', 'icon_contact_icq', 'icon_contact_jabber', 'icon_contact_msnm', 'icon_contact_pm', 'icon_contact_yahoo', 'icon_contact_www', 'icon_post_delete', 'icon_post_edit', 'icon_post_info', 'icon_post_quote', 'icon_post_report', 'icon_user_online', 'icon_user_offline', 'icon_user_profile', 'icon_user_search', 'icon_user_warn', 'button_pm_forward', 'button_pm_new', 'button_pm_reply', 'button_topic_locked', 'button_topic_new', 'button_topic_reply', 'button_quick_reply
),
			'icons'		=> array('
dmtalon

Post by dmtalon »

ever-fresh wrote:Hello.
its my 1st time to play with MODs.
while giving this MOD on my forum. it gives error :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/apnanet/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_styles.php on line 1782

here is the acp_styles.php editing. is this not ok ?

'buttons'	=> array(
				'icon_back_top', 'icon_contact_aim', 'icon_contact_email', 'icon_contact_icq', 'icon_contact_jabber', 'icon_contact_msnm', 'icon_contact_pm', 'icon_contact_yahoo', 'icon_contact_www', 'icon_post_delete', 'icon_post_edit', 'icon_post_info', 'icon_post_quote', 'icon_post_report', 'icon_user_online', 'icon_user_offline', 'icon_user_profile', 'icon_user_search', 'icon_user_warn', 'button_pm_forward', 'button_pm_new', 'button_pm_reply', 'button_topic_locked', 'button_topic_new', 'button_topic_reply', 'button_quick_reply
),
			'icons'		=> array('

Looks like your missing a single quote after teh button_quick_reply. Reread that section, but (from memory) I thought there was a , there too ', on the end of that line .
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

dmtalon is correct.

'button_quick_reply
needs to be replaced with:

'button_quick_reply',
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”