Prime Quick Login

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
ZooperStar

Re: Prime Quick Login

Post by ZooperStar »

ok primehalo i understood that .. i've remove the endif but still having some problems :(

what should i do?
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

I say probably restore to the backup file before the installation, and try doing it again.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
ZooperStar

Post by ZooperStar »

ok now it works :) I apologize for any inconvenience
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

What would I change in this code to have it read "Username or email"?

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT and S_LOGIN_ANYWHERE and not AUTO_REFRESH -->
			<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ANYWHERE}" style="float:left;position:relative;">
				<fieldset class="quick-login" style="float:left;position:relative;white-space:nowrap">
					<label for="prime_login_username">{L_USERNAME}:</label>&nbsp;<input tabindex="100" type="text" name="username" id="prime_login_username" size="10" class="inputbox" style="min-width:100px" title="{L_USERNAME}" />  
					<label for="prime_login_password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label>&nbsp;<input tabindex="101" type="password" name="password" id="prime_login_password" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_PASSWORD}" />
					<!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED --><label for="prime_login_autologin"><input tabindex="102" type="checkbox" name="autologin" id="prime_login_autologin" /> {L_PRIME_REMEMBER_ME}</label><!-- ENDIF -->
					<input tabindex="103" type="submit" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" class="button2" />
				</fieldset>
			</form>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
I ask cause I am also using the "Prime Login via E-Mail" mod too.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

If you update to the latest versions of both of those MODs (found through the link in my signature), then it should happen by default.
Ken F. Innes IV
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

There's no update files in the contrib folder to convert from the 1.0.1 versions.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Usually when there are no update instructions, it means just copy over the new versions of the files, no code edits have been changed.
Ken F. Innes IV
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

Actually there were a few. The old 1.0.1a for the login via email didn't have you editing the includes/auth/acp_board.php for one. Also had to edit the index.php for another. Plus I found that the template code for the overall_header.html file failed to work, so I simply used the one from the previous version and replaced the {L_PRIME_REMEMBER_ME} text with my own text
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

...and then in rare occasions there are no update instructions simply because I forgot to do them. This one is a simple MOD, though, so just removing the old code and installing again shouldn't be too much hassle.
Ken F. Innes IV
sivanayak

Post by sivanayak »

This mod is working nice in normal phpbb.
But, if I activate Url rewriting of phpbb-seo.com a debug notice is appearing.
Still the user can login.
But, it looks ugly.
Please help me.

HERE IS MY DEBUG NOTICE:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 1854: parse_url(http:///www.shaktipeethas.org?sid=ff9db235e4577f30afc94d70e9c59fcf) [function.parse-url]: Unable to parse URL

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yousatis/public_html/includes/functions.php:3008) in /home/yousatis/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 3607

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yousatis/public_html/includes/functions.php:3008) in /home/yousatis/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 3609

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yousatis/public_html/includes/functions.php:3008) in /home/yousatis/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 3610

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yousatis/public_html/includes/functions.php:3008) in /home/yousatis/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 3611
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

I don't know anything about the url rewriting of phpbb-seo.com, but the reason you're getting that message is because the url is incorrect. It has three slashes after the http: part instead of only two.
Ken F. Innes IV
parkourmumbai

Post by parkourmumbai »

Hi,
I tried using this mod, but then I found that it didn't fit my exact needs, so I did a bit of modding of my own.

I want to have a login area at the top right of every page of my forum, similar to how it is implemented in vBulletin. Also, once a user has logged in, at the same place in every page, I want to show the logged in user information, again just like vBulletin. I have managed to get this so far -

<ul class="linklist rightside">
                                <!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT -->
	                        <form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" class="headerspace">
		                <fieldset class="quick-login">
		                <table>
      		                <tr>
		                <td width="500">
			        <label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label>&nbsp;<input type="text" name="username" id="username" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_USERNAME}" />
			        </td>
			        <!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED -->
				<td><label for="autologin">{L_LOG_ME_IN} <input type="checkbox" name="autologin" id="autologin" /></label></td>
				<!-- ELSE --><td></td>
			        <!-- ENDIF -->
			        </tr>
			        <tr>
			        <td width="500">
			        <label for="password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label>&nbsp;<input type="password" name="password" id="password" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_PASSWORD}" />
			        </td>
			        <td>
			        <input type="submit" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" class="button2" />
			        </td>
			        </tr>
			        </table>
		                </fieldset>
	                        </form>
                                <!-- ELSEIF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
                                <table>
                                <tr>
                                <td><strong>Welcome, <a href="{U_USERNAME}">{S_USERNAME}</a></strong>
                                </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                <td>{LAST_VISIT_DATE}
                                </td>
                                </tr>
                                </table>
                                <!-- ENDIF -->				
			</ul>
I extraced this bit of code from the index_body.html and put it in my overall_header after a little modification.

This seems to be working fine, as far as logging in from the forum index page is concerned, but if I try logging in from any other page, it simply refreshes the page. I have traced the problem to this line -

<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" class="headerspace">
The {S_LOGIN_ACTION} variable is assigned in the functions.php page in the line -

'S_LOGIN_ACTION'		=> (!$admin) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=login') : append_sid("index.$phpEx", false, true, $user->session_id), // Needs to stay index.$phpEx because we are within the admin directory
I tried to change "{phpbb_root_path}" (not the value of the variable, the literal string) to the literal url to my forum, i.e. "http://www.parkourmumbai.com/forums/" but still no go. It gives the same results with pages other than index.php

When I check the source for the other pages, it shows that form action attribute has a blank value attached to it, which means the {S_LOGIN_ACTION} is not passing any values to the other pages at all.

Can anyone help me? Do I need to change the variable {S_LOGIN_ACTION} to something else, or do I need to edit the value of the variable {S_LOGIN_ACTION} in functions.php to something else? Or do I need to do something else altogether?

Also, does anyone know how I can correct this line?

Welcome, <a href="{U_USERNAME}">{S_USERNAME}</a>
What should be the correct variable in place of the {U_USERNAME} I have inserted, in order to have the user's profile show up when clicked?

And in which file can I find the variable
{LAST_VISIT_DATE}
if I want to make some changes to the date format it shows as well as the text that is appended to the start of it ("Last visit was:")
parkourmumbai

Post by parkourmumbai »

bump
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Sorry, I don't have the time right now to help you customize it.
Ken F. Innes IV
parkourmumbai

Post by parkourmumbai »

primehalo wrote:Sorry, I don't have the time right now to help you customize it.
No problem. :)

I guess I'll just have to wait then, for you or anyone else to help me solve it. Because this seems to be one issue I won't be able to resolve by myself, no matter how hard I try. :|

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”