Prime Quick Login

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Re: Prime Quick Login

Post by primehalo »

The default is to always display, but for no other reason than I prefer it that way. I'm more accustomed to using the Quick Login, so when I click on a link in an email that requires me to log in, that's where my focus goes.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I changed line 46 of includes/prime_quick_login.php to this the other day

Code: Select all

if (!PRIME_QUICK_LOGIN_ENABLE || (PRIME_QUICK_LOGIN_REMOVE && (!empty($template->_rootref['S_DISPLAY_FULL_LOGIN']) || $user->page['page_name'] == "ucp.$phpEx" && request_var('mode', '') == 'register')))
To circumvent that very issue
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
hww

Post by hww »

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, Rich.

(And thank you for this MOD, primehalo. It's always one of the first MODs I install on a new board.)
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Good mod, 8-) but It doesn't look very neat on my forum, :? I'm using Subsilver 2, is there a way to put the Login Box on a bar like the one at the bottom of the page?
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Yes, you can do that, but sorry, I don't have the time to help with it.
Ken F. Innes IV
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Can anyone help? :/
hww

Post by hww »

Dragonwolf wrote:Can anyone help? :/
snip
Sorry, that wouldn't work... :roll:
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

I don't know anything about html, unfortunatly. :/
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

There are a ton of great tutorials all over this vast internet.
Ken F. Innes IV
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

All the ones I've seen asume you know html though. It's the same with the php ones. I don't want to memorise meaningless comands, I want to be shown how to use them. :( I'm sorry if I sound a bit ranty, but I just can't find a good one.
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Does anyone know how to put a box around the login bar so it looks like the login bar the bottom of the page? The only html I know is <strong></strong> And I have no idea how to learn more.
hww

Post by hww »

Dragonwolf wrote:Does anyone know how to put a box around the login bar so it looks like the login bar the bottom of the page? The only html I know is <strong></strong> And I have no idea how to learn more.
I'm not sure which box you're referring to (is it something on subsilver2?), but if you're after a good site to learn HTML, try http://w3schools.com/

If you take a look at how the style author put the box around the bottom login bar, you may be able to copy the method to the top.
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

I've already looked there, I really don't understand what he's saying, I don't understand things if you list them like that. It also doesn't help that it isn't isn't in the context of phpbb. I gave up when he started talking about attributes. I have no idea what he means. I might just try find the way they did it in subsilver 2, I can almost read the code on the page, but I just don't know what anything does.
hww

Post by hww »

Dragonwolf wrote:I gave up when he started talking about attributes. I have no idea what he means.
An attribute is used to give more information about an HTML element.
See: http://w3schools.com/html/html_attributes.asp
I might just try find the way they did it in subsilver 2, I can almost read the code on the page, but I just don't know what anything does.
I just installed subsilver2 on a test board and took a look. This is the part of the subsilver2 template that creates the 'box' for the login form at the bottom:

Code: Select all

<form method="post" action="./ucp.php?mode=login">

<table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1">
	<tr>
		<td class="cat"><h4><a href="./ucp.php?mode=login">Login</a></h4></td>
	</tr>

<tr>
		<td class="row1" align="center"><span class="genmed">Username:</span> <input class="post" type="text" name="username" size="10" />&nbsp; <span class="genmed">Password:</span> <input class="post" type="password" name="password" size="10" />&nbsp;  <span class="gensmall">Log me on automatically each visit</span> <input type="checkbox" class="radio" name="autologin" />&nbsp; <input type="submit" class="btnmain" name="login" value="Login" /></td>
	</tr>
	</table>

</form>
I can't say exactly what you'd need to do to put a box around primehalo's Quick Login, because you haven't made clear what style you're using (other than that it's subsilver2-based).

This is more of a stylistic issue (rather than an issue with the MOD itself), so you'd probably get a quicker response if you asked your question in the Styles Forum (making sure you state the name of the Style you're using, and preferably providing a link to your board so people can see exactly what effect you're trying to achieve).
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

It's Allience, I might try and paste that in to see what happens, but shouldn't it contain language refrences, rather than text?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”