Prime Notify PM

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
ninhanh

Re: Prime Notify PM

Post by ninhanh » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:33 am

no errors
keep up the good job! :D

seedoubleyou

Post by seedoubleyou » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Excellent modification, installed in under a minute, and works flawlessly! Appreciate your work Prime, simple to add and works great - Thanks for this 8-)

Lord Odin

Post by Lord Odin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:55 pm

primehalo wrote:
gph wrote:Quick question: is there an option for the user to turn this on or off, at the user's discretion?
Not currently.
Are there plans to add this option in?

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:04 pm

Lord Odin wrote:
primehalo wrote:
gph wrote:Quick question: is there an option for the user to turn this on or off, at the user's discretion?
Not currently.
Are there plans to add this option in?
I'd like to eventually, but I don't see it in the near future as I'm currently too busy working on paid projects.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:47 am

Fantastic Mod! One more recommendation as well. Have it where it works with the Mod Version Checker Mod. I know you're busy and this is just a recommendation.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Sun May 04, 2008 4:20 pm

mcdanielnc89 wrote:Fantastic Mod! One more recommendation as well. Have it where it works with the Mod Version Checker Mod. I know you're busy and this is just a recommendation.
Unfortunately, that's too difficult to do. It requires additional files that need to be updated every time the MOD is updated, which is hard to remember to do. Even the author of the MOD had occasionally forgotten to update those files when an update was made.
Ken F. Innes IV

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:29 pm

primehalo wrote:
mcdanielnc89 wrote:Fantastic Mod! One more recommendation as well. Have it where it works with the Mod Version Checker Mod. I know you're busy and this is just a recommendation.
Unfortunately, that's too difficult to do. It requires additional files that need to be updated every time the MOD is updated, which is hard to remember to do. Even the author of the MOD had occasionally forgotten to update those files when an update was made.
That's something you would just have to remember to do. I know this is all free and everythign so it iwll not happen i'm just wasting my time but it's somethign that when u update teh mod you remember to update the file.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Sun May 04, 2008 10:41 pm

mcdanielnc89 wrote:
primehalo wrote:
That's something you would just have to remember to do. I know this is all free and everythign so it iwll not happen i'm just wasting my time but it's somethign that when u update teh mod you remember to update the file.
Exactly my point, I would have to remember to update those extra files, and I know I wouldn't remember, thus there is no point in trying to do so.
Ken F. Innes IV

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:06 am

lol.. i suppose.. Guess people jsut have short memories.

pythonjosh

Post by pythonjosh » Fri May 09, 2008 5:51 am

Would this be similar to implement for Topic Reply as well?

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Fri May 09, 2008 6:58 am

pythonjosh wrote:Would this be similar to implement for Topic Reply as well?
I don't remember if the implementation is similar or not.
Ken F. Innes IV

pavobe

Post by pavobe » Sat May 10, 2008 6:36 pm

BBCodes are not parsed.
Last edited by pavobe on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Sun May 11, 2008 10:45 pm

pavobe wrote:I have got one problem with this MOD.

When I get a email with PM, that includes few BBCodes, I can see that BBCodes in email too. Is this possible, to change BBCode to HTML tags in email?

Do you understand me?

I have got sometking like that in email:

Code: Select all

[url=http://google.com/]click here[/url]
insted of HTML link by "a" tag.
It's something that I would like to be able to do eventually, but I think it's probably a long ways off as I'm just too busy working on other projects at the moment.
Ken F. Innes IV

lucp

Post by lucp » Thu May 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Would it be possible to have the content of the PM send in the e-mail, only when the PM is addressed to Administrators/Moderators. I don't won't normal users to see the topic of a PM in the notification mail, otherwise they don't visit the forum to read their PM's ;)

But I like the idea of having notification mails with the content of the PM send out to Administrators/Moderators, so they can read the PM in advance, and decide if this needs some urgent action or not.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:57 am

lucp wrote:Would it be possible to have the content of the PM send in the e-mail, only when the PM is addressed to Administrators/Moderators. I don't won't normal users to see the topic of a PM in the notification mail, otherwise they don't visit the forum to read their PM's ;)

But I like the idea of having notification mails with the content of the PM send out to Administrators/Moderators, so they can read the PM in advance, and decide if this needs some urgent action or not.
It's certainly possible, but I don't think it'd be as trivial to implement as one might suspect. And definitely not high on my priority list at the moment. There are a lot of talented MOD authors out there, perhaps one of them can find the time to tweak this one to you... anyone?
Ken F. Innes IV

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”