Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
momentum

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by momentum » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:20 am

sand_danser wrote:@craig, cheers m8 at least I know it wasn't the hack to blame & can concentrate on the register file now :) Does anyone know if I need to re-apply the mode code to it or will I upset the file if I do?
TIA
Keep a backup copy and re-apply the template edits. If it doesn't work you've only lost some time.
@James, yes, you are limited sorry (going back a few months though) but I'm using "skylineblue" if u get stuck. I'll send u it if u need it ok? but its readily availble & is very good. :)
AFAIK the skylineblue style is based upon subsilver2 so using the template edits supplied for subsilver2 should get you by.

Craig.
QOTY: phpBB is free, good hosting is not. - robert (Lumpy Burgertushie)

sand_danser

Post by sand_danser » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 am

For anyone else having trouble seeing the bot question after upgrading to 3.0.5 here's the edits you need to re-apply...

enter on line 193 of includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

Code: Select all

'AB_Question'		  => array('string', !$config['abanswer']),
enter on line 574 of includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

'S_ABQ_CODE'	=> ($config['enable_abquestion'] == 1) ? true : false,
these were the only two affected lines in this file (for me)

I also had to edit/re-apply the code to /styles/mystyle/template/ucp_register.html with the subsilver2 code.

My site is now secure again. This mod worked for 5 months without a single spambot getting in and as soon as I upgraded to 3.0.5 it was disabled and I got two spambots overnight so it proves just how good this mod really is.
Thankyou kindly 8-)

steffenjung

Post by steffenjung » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:40 pm

TheLuBu wrote:I have Translated the ABQ MOd to German. Would like to give it to you! PM me if interessted!
TheLuBu
Hi,

I´m interested in the german language files, but cannot write a pm to you because of spammer restrictions.
...fucking spammers :x

btw: I´m using phpbb 3.04 and the instalation worked fine. But I didn´t get it to run, that in my german registration page instead {L_AB_QUESTION_EXPLAIN} the translation from board.php appears. Cleared the cache, used UTF-8 without BOM ... what I´m doing wrong?

Could the problem be, that I have not translated all the other files (for test purposes I´ve started only with the board.php)?

Here a excerpt of my /language/de_x_sie/acp/board.php

// Registration Settings
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(

'AB_ANSWER'					=> 'Anti-Bot Answer',
	'AB_ANSWER_EXPLAIN'			=> 'This is the main answer for the question.',
	'AB_ANSWER_2'				=> 'Anti-Bot Answer Two',
	'AB_ANSWER_2_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Here you can add a second answer, a good idea if using a question that requires a numerical answer.',
	'AB_QUESTION_MOD'			=> 'Anti-Bot Question',
	'AB_QUESTION'				=> 'Anti-Bot Question',
	'AB_QUESTION_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Anti-Spam Kontrolle: Bitte Ergebnis als Zahl eintragen.',
	'ABQ_ENABLE'				=> 'Enable Anti-Bot Question',
	'ABQ_ENABLE_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Enable the Anti-Bot question for registering.',
	'ACP_REGISTER_SETTINGS_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Hier können Sie Einstellungen bezüglich der Registrierung und der Mitgliederprofile vornehmen.',

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steffen

steffenjung

Post by steffenjung » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:08 am

steffenjung wrote:
TheLuBu wrote:I have Translated the ABQ MOd to German. Would like to give it to you! PM me if interessted!
TheLuBu
[...]
btw: I´m using phpbb 3.04 and the instalation worked fine. But I didn´t get it to run, that in my german registration page instead {L_AB_QUESTION_EXPLAIN} the translation from board.php appears. Cleared the cache, used UTF-8 without BOM ... what I´m doing wrong?
[...]
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steffen
Sorry this was my fault as phpbb mod newbie. And maybe it was too late yesterday evening. I found the correspoding translations in common.php and ucp.php.

Everything is working fine now and I hope this will keep the *beep* :evil: spammres away.

imagedude
Name: Kai Ponte

Post by imagedude » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:45 pm

I have a weird issue. I had installed the anti-bot question under 3.0.4 and have been running it successfully for several months. I had since upgraded to 3.0.5.

This week, i got an email from a potential user who can't register because she wasn't able to pass the registration screen without entering a question. Only problem is, the question isn't present. I checked the install again and see all is complete. The Anti-bot question is set in the ACP but not present in the ucp screen.

Ideas?
Attachments
anti-bot in ucp
anti-bot in ucp
ecmplace_antibot.jpg (58.53 KiB) Viewed 583 times

JBosman

Post by JBosman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Is there a way to add multiple questions that can all been shown on the registration page? Not switching between them, but showing them all at once. Or choose wich questions are shown and not.
With the love for all things and especialy this, figure it out!

momentum

Post by momentum » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:20 am

imagedude wrote:This week, i got an email from a potential user who can't register because she wasn't able to pass the registration screen without entering a question. Only problem is, the question isn't present. I checked the install again and see all is complete. The Anti-bot question is set in the ACP but not present in the ucp screen.
Check your ucp_register.html file first and see if your edits are still in place. I suspect the upgrade has overwritten that file.

Craig.

renedq

Post by renedq » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi,
I just installed this nice mod on 3.0.5 (including using sand_danser's updates), and cannot seem to see the box where the user enters the answer. When enabled, I get the note about not entering the answer, so I'm assuming the edits are correct. I check mysql and saw the question & answers. I'm using subSilver, and have updated the ucp_register.html file and cleared the cache.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Rene

Edit: Going to the ucp_register.html page directly, I cannot see the fields. Does that mean that the problem is in the template?

http://avlis.org/styles/subsilver2/temp ... ister.html

Double Edit: It is there. I thought it would be under the confirmation code, so I was blind and didn't see it.

Triple Edit: I can see the box now. It has "Array" as the default answer, and won't accept the correct one. *sighs* I need a drink.

mrbaseball34

Post by mrbaseball34 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:58 pm

I had the same problem with the 'Array' thing. go back and make sure you do your edits correctly as
one of them is in the incorrect place. I, too, had a subsilver2 style and screwed up the edit.

renedq

Post by renedq » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:13 pm

this is what my ucp_register.html file looks like in styles/subsilver2/template. it is being saved as UTF-8 (I think that is right)

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
    /**
    * Change language
    */
    function change_language(lang_iso)
    {
        document.forms['register'].change_lang.value = lang_iso;
        document.forms['register'].submit.click();
    }

// ]]>
</script>

<form name="register" method="post" action="{S_UCP_ACTION}">

<table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1">
<tr>
    <th colspan="2" valign="middle">{L_REGISTRATION}</th>
</tr>

<!-- IF ERROR -->
    <tr>
        <td class="row3" colspan="2" align="center"><span class="gensmall error">{ERROR}</span></td>
    </tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF L_REG_COND -->
    <tr>
        <td class="row2" colspan="2"><span class="gensmall">{L_REG_COND}</span></td>
    </tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF .profile_fields -->
    <tr>
        <td class="row2" colspan="2"><span class="gensmall">{L_ITEMS_REQUIRED}</span></td>
    </tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<tr>
    <td class="row1" width="38%"><b class="genmed">{L_USERNAME}: </b><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_USERNAME_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
    <td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" name="username" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}: </b></td>
    <td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" name="email" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_CONFIRM_EMAIL}: </b></td>
    <td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" name="email_confirm" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL_CONFIRM}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_PASSWORD}: </b><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
    <td class="row2"><input class="post" type="password" name="new_password" size="25" value="{PASSWORD}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}: </b></td>
    <td class="row2"><input class="post" type="password" name="password_confirm" size="25" value="{PASSWORD_CONFIRM}" /></td>
</tr>
<!-- IF S_ABQ_CODE -->
<tr>
 <td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_AB_QUESTION}:</b><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_AB_QUESTION_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
 <td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" name="AB_Question" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{AB_QUESTION}" /></td>
</tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<tr>
    <td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_LANGUAGE}: </b></td>
    <td class="row2"><select name="lang" onchange="change_language(this.value); return false;">{S_LANG_OPTIONS}</select></td>
</tr>
<tr>
    <td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_TIMEZONE}: </b></td>
    <td class="row2"><select name="tz">{S_TZ_OPTIONS}</select></td>
</tr>
<!-- BEGIN profile_fields -->
    <tr>
        <td class="row1" width="35%">
            <b class="genmed">{profile_fields.LANG_NAME}: </b>
            <!-- IF profile_fields.S_REQUIRED --><b>*</b><!-- ENDIF -->
            <!-- IF profile_fields.LANG_EXPLAIN --><br /><span class="gensmall">{profile_fields.LANG_EXPLAIN}</span><!-- ENDIF -->
        </td>
        <td class="row2">{profile_fields.FIELD}<!-- IF profile_fields.ERROR --><br /><span class="gensmall error">{profile_fields.ERROR}</span><!-- ENDIF --></td>
    </tr>
<!-- END profile_fields -->

<!-- IF S_CONFIRM_CODE -->
    <tr>
        <th colspan="2" valign="middle">{L_CONFIRMATION}</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="row3" colspan="2"><span class="gensmall">{L_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="row1" colspan="2" align="center">{CONFIRM_IMG}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_CONFIRM_CODE}: </b><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_CONFIRM_CODE_EXPLAIN} <!-- IF S_CONFIRM_REFRESH -->{L_VC_REFRESH_EXPLAIN}<!-- ENDIF --></span></td>
        <td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" name="confirm_code" size="8" maxlength="8" /><!-- IF S_CONFIRM_REFRESH -->&nbsp;<input type="submit" value="{L_VC_REFRESH}" class="btnlite" /><!-- ENDIF --></td>
    </tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_COPPA -->
    <tr>
        <th colspan="2" valign="middle">{L_COPPA_COMPLIANCE}</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="row3" colspan="2"><span class="gensmall">{L_COPPA_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
    </tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<tr>
    <td class="cat" colspan="2" align="center">{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}<input class="btnmain" type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="{L_SUBMIT}" />&nbsp;&nbsp;<input class="btnlite" type="reset" value="{L_RESET}" name="reset" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
{S_FORM_TOKEN}
</form>

<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
Edit: ((Also thanks for the help mrbaseball34))

momentum

Post by momentum » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:38 pm

There doesn't seem to be a problem with the ucp_register.html file so I expect the "array" is coming from elsewhere. Check that all the rest of your edits are in the right places.

Craig.

mrbaseball34

Post by mrbaseball34 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:26 am

It's not the html that is the problem the script ucp_register.php. These two edits, in particular:

Find: 'tz'				=> request_var('tz', (float) $timezone),
Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.
			'AB_Question'		=> strtolower(request_var('AB_Question', '')),

Find: 'email_confirm'		=> array('string', false, 6, 60),
Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.
'AB_Question'		  => array('string', !$config['abanswer']),
The first one goes in around line 174, the second around line 191.

Check out my previous posts:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10284845
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10287225

renedq

Post by renedq » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:41 pm

yep. that fixed it.

thanks everyone!

dk96m

Post by dk96m » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:56 am

I can't get this working. It was working awesome for months. Then i updated to 3.0.5, stopped working, etc. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Still not showing up on the register page. I use style BL@CK, and i went to the style template ucp_register.html and made sure the code was in there, it was. So I cant figure out why it isnt coming up. It makes no sense. All the edits to the files are correct. I copied and pasted, lol.

HELP PLEASE

momentum

Post by momentum » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 am

dk96m wrote:All the edits to the files are correct. I copied and pasted, lol.
But did you paste into the right places? Re-check everything. The MOD does work under 3.0.5

Craig.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”