Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
messnera

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by messnera » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:11 am

First off, I would like to apologize as I think this problem has already been talked about. I got the mod installed and can set the Q&A in the ACP, but when I go to register a new account, all I get is a blank page. I get alot of spam accounts and I want them to stop. any help would be appreciated. If you want to try and duplicate the problem, go to http://www.bdcs336cap.com/forum and click on register.

messnera

Post by messnera » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:51 pm

I still do not have a registration page after installing this mod. My forum is located at http://www.bdcs336cap.com/forum. Just go to the page and click on register and you will see what I am talking about. Please can someone help me, I really need to get this thing working again.

messnera

Post by messnera » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Ok, I have upgraded to 3.0.6 and I now have my registration page back. I still have the ANti BOt Question Q&A in the ACP and have my question and answer entered. I do not, however, have a Anti Bot question on my reg page. I checked the edits for prosilver and they are all there, I refreshed my board cache and refreshed all of my templated and I still have no question on the reg page. Any ideas??

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:09 pm

This mod will need some corrections to be 3.0.6 compatible. I have not picked about the install instructions yet to provide more information. But, their are two finds that didn't work.

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:43 am

Gremlinn wrote:This mod will need some corrections to be 3.0.6 compatible. I have not picked about the install instructions yet to provide more information. But, their are two finds that didn't work.
3.0.6 comes with the QA captcha plugin, which implements a functionality very similar to this MOD.
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM

messnera

Post by messnera » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:53 pm

Kellanved wrote:
Gremlinn wrote:This mod will need some corrections to be 3.0.6 compatible. I have not picked about the install instructions yet to provide more information. But, their are two finds that didn't work.
3.0.6 comes with the QA captcha plugin, which implements a functionality very similar to this MOD.
Yeah, I saw that in the ACP, but when I activate it there is no confirmation code that gets displayed on the registration screen. Any suggestions on that??

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:32 pm

I see the option. However, it is not selectable. Does this mean that this mod will be dropped?

danthony2

Post by danthony2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:37 am

So I got all the way to the last edit for "styles/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html" The problem is that I am running a modified skin by extremepixel.com.

So for this change:

Code: Select all

<dl>
<dt><label for="password_confirm">{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}:</label></dt>
<dd><input type="password" tabindex="5" name="password_confirm" id="password_confirm" size="25" value="{PASSWORD_CONFIRM}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
</dl>
My code looks like this:

<tr>
<td class="row1"><b class="genmed">{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}: </b></td>
<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="password" name="password_confirm" size="25" value="{PASSWORD_CONFIRM}" /></td>
</tr>
and I need to add this:

<!-- IF S_ABQ_CODE -->
<dl>
<dt><label for="AB_Question">{L_AB_QUESTION}:</label><br /><span>{L_AB_QUESTION_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
<dd><input type="text" tabindex="6" name="AB_Question" id="AB_Question" size="25" maxlength="255" value="{AB_QUESTION}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_AB_QUESTION}" /></dd>
</dl>
<!-- ENDIF -->
Any suggestions or help would be awesome. All other modifications have been staged.

Thank you,
David

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:27 am

Your style is a subsilver2 based style. Open the xml file found in the templates directory and do the edits as stated to the files involved. Do not use the edits for prosilver as it will mess up the layout of the html file.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

RedCraft

Post by RedCraft » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Will be fix for 3.0.6?

danthony2

Post by danthony2 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:47 am

RMcGirr83,
Wow now I feel retarded. Took 1 minute.

Thank you!

Nosegear

Post by Nosegear » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Gremlinn wrote:I see the option. However, it is not selectable. Does this mean that this mod will be dropped?
It only looks unselectable (grey) but when you pick it you get to configure it (set a question and answer, even per language). This CAPTCHA truly replaces the AntiBot Question mod completely.

go99live

Post by go99live » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Open: includes/ucp/ucp_register.php
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.
			'S_CONFIRM_CODE'	=> ($config['enable_confirm']) ? true : false,
Add after
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

Code:Select All
			'S_ABQ_CODE'	=> ($config['enable_abquestion'] == 1) ? true : false,
I cant seem to find the above code.. Im on a fresh phpbb unmodded forum

any help please??

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:06 pm

When I go to your board it tells me you are running 3.0.RC5, which is about 9 version out of date.

Also, you have a portal, so it is not "unmodded".
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Nosegear wrote:
Gremlinn wrote:I see the option. However, it is not selectable. Does this mean that this mod will be dropped?
It only looks unselectable (grey) but when you pick it you get to configure it (set a question and answer, even per language). This CAPTCHA truly replaces the AntiBot Question mod completely.
Thanks for the reply. I figured that out when I test a plugin module. I would like to see the phpbb3.0.6 CAPTCHA allow the use of more than one option.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”