Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Stommen

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Stommen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:49 am

Probably a stupid question, been searching for how to do but no result (or dont understand it)
I´ve understand that I should add code in SQL, but how do I do it the easiest way?
Can somebody please help me...
Stommen

GhettoBSD

Post by GhettoBSD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:58 am

not a stupid question but not easy to answer, at least not for me. It's a little tricky.

For my web hosting, i have a section called Databases. In that section I have something called "phpMyAdmin" and that accesses that interface. In that interface i can access a "query window" and input the code. I dont know how others do it, but that's how i do it.

I have no idea how you would go about it, but that's what i have to do. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.
Stommen wrote:Probably a stupid question, been searching for how to do but no result (or dont understand it)
I´ve understand that I should add code in SQL, but how do I do it the easiest way?
Can somebody please help me...
Stommen

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:39 am

wozzl3

Post by wozzl3 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:13 am

Hi all
I have just installed this mod it shows up in my admin panel etc but the question does not show up on my reg page neither does the field for the answer.

I have read here about purging cache this does not help I have same problem with both firefox and ie in ie i never had this forum loaded prior to this mod being added so it was not cache.

I spose it may be because I did nothing with the sql code? but I dont know if I have PHPmyadmin? my host is powweb

any help would be appreciated.

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:25 am

did you do the edits to your appropriate template? (HINT: the instructions for the edits will be found in the /templates folder)

and you MUST MUST MUST do the SQL query!

Stommen

Post by Stommen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:29 pm

Thanks A.O.C and GhettoBSD, found it on my webhosting login... first time I do this...
Tried to add in SQL with guiding from knowledge base but i get a wrong message when I
try to add the new code. Message follows

Error
SQL query:
INSERT INTO phpbb_config( config_name, config_value, is_dynamic )
VALUES (
'enable_abquestion', '0', '0'
);

MySQL sa: Dokumentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'is_dynamic' in 'field list'

Anyone got a solution, tried to search but cant manage to find out the problem...
I´ve recently done a upgrade from 2.X.x to newest 3.
regards Stommen

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:09 pm

Renodil wrote:Where is this found in the ACP?
Seeing as no one ever bother to answer this. BUMP!

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:24 pm

ACP->General->User Registration Settings

Scroll to the bottom of the page.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:44 pm

Thanks.

corinaw

Post by corinaw » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:30 am

I have the same error as stommen.

"Unknown column 'is_dynamic' in 'field list' " when trying to update the sql code. I am using 3.02 with seo premod.

Thank you.

matt1206
Name: Matt Worthington

Post by matt1206 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:56 pm

VejOut wrote:I've installed this MOD. I followed the instructions and see the question on the registration page just fine. I've purged the cache and refreshed the style.

No matter how simple or complex I make the answer, every time I try to register I get the following...

No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered.

I know many people have posted that this is happening to them as well and purging the cache and refreshing the style worked for them, but it hasn't for me. I have to be missing something, and yes the answer I'm typing in is the correct answer (copy and paste) as well as typing it out a dozen times.

I just can't get it to read the answer, it keep thinking I'm not submitting anything in that field.

---====== UPDATE ======-------
I did find what I did wrong. I put the 'AB_Question' => strtolower(request_var('AB_Question', '')), after the wrong 'tz' line. Once I moved it, all was good.
I've done the exact same thing! All working now though :D

Stommen

Post by Stommen » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:55 am

corinaw wrote:I have the same error as stommen.

"Unknown column 'is_dynamic' in 'field list' " when trying to update the sql code. I am using 3.02 with seo premod.

Thank you.

Can somebody please help us?!
/S

King-Nothing

Post by King-Nothing » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:49 am

I am having the same issue with the SQL-part.

There must be someone who knows how to get this right?

EDIT: Figured it out. You have to replace "phpbb" with your prefix. If your prefix is phpbb3 it should look like this:

INSERT INTO phpbb3_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('enable_abquestion', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb3_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('abquestion','','0');
INSERT INTO phpbb3_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('abanswer','','0');
INSERT INTO phpbb3_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('abanswer2','','0');

EsrarliKapi

Post by EsrarliKapi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:05 pm

We were discussing a newly appeared spammer on another topic and I've been redirected to this topic. A good one, but unfortunately I coded my own. So, some suggestions for the mod:

- It can be better if admin can set unlimited number of questions and the questions are used on registration randomly.
- Also unlimited number of answers could be a good idea. (You can save them as CSV in db)

-Instead of this:

Code: Select all

if ($data['AB_Question'] == '')
I would have used

if (empty(trim($data['AB_Question'], " ")))
If user entered just space(s), it should be considered as empty IMO. Also rather than checking if it is equal to nothing or not; checking both if it is isset and filled could be a good idea. But I'm not sure, perhaps request_var() does that automatically.

-Instead of this:

else if ($data['AB_Question'] != strtolower($config['abanswer']) && $data['AB_Question'] != strtolower($config['abanswer2']))
I would have used

else if (!in_array($data['AB_Question'], array(strtolower($config['abanswer']), strtolower($config['abanswer2']))))
- A general thought about ModX; maybe you should try using variables for db prefix in queries related to mods.

Anyway, I liked the mod, it is really useful. Good luck with it.
[Ultimate Simplicity]

surfsup

Post by surfsup » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:47 pm

I downloaded this antibot question program but don't know how to install it. Are there any installation instructions anywhere?

I have a site using PHPBB but I didn't set it up initially. So I need all the help I can get. This is what it says right now. Will this program work okay with my installation?

"Your installation does not seem to be up to date. Updates are available for your version of phpBB, please visit http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php to obtain the latest version.
The latest available version is phpBB 2.0.23. You are running phpBB 2.0.22."

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”