Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Asevias Black

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Asevias Black »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Did you purge the cache after making the changes?
I went to
Style ==> Theme Refresh
Style ==> Templates Refresh

That works whenever I do it for anything else...

:ugeek: Found the purge cache button still didnt work.
“All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.” ~Chuck Palahniuk

Soul Tsukino

Post by Soul Tsukino »

I to am having the problem of having everything show up on the admin screen but not when you go to register. I am running the Darkfantasy template and have tried refreshing the cache. Can anyone help me?

dk96m

Post by dk96m »

I am having a problem.
I did everything in the instructions, and tried searching for this issues, couldnt find it.
I get the following after installing this mod when i try to go to user registration settings in acp:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/board.php:1)

What do I do now? What is causing this?

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

You edited this file

language/en/acp/board.php

with an editor that inserted a BOM. You need to edit the file with a non-BOM generating editor (like notepad++).
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

dk96m

Post by dk96m »

What is a BOM, and is notepad++ different than notepad. Where can i edit the file on a regular computer with notepad, wordpad, word

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

dk96m wrote:What is a BOM, and is notepad++ different than notepad. Where can i edit the file on a regular computer with notepad, wordpad, word
NO NO NO NO NO! use Notepad++

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

dk96m wrote:What is a BOM, and is notepad++ different than notepad. Where can i edit the file on a regular computer with notepad, wordpad, word
BOM otherwise known as Byte Order Mark. ;)
While UTF-8 does not have byte order issues, a BOM encoded in UTF-8 may be used to mark text as UTF-8. It only identifies a file as UTF-8 and does not state anything about byte order.[1] Many Windows programs (including Windows Notepad) add BOM's to UTF-8 files. However in Unix-like systems (which make heavy use of text files for file formats as well as for inter-process communication) this practice is not recommended, as it will interfere with correct processing of important codes such as the hash-bang at the start of an interpreted script. It may also interfere with source for programming languages that don't recognise it.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

esash

Post by esash »

THANKS!!! Mod is super. But It doesnt work with Cyrillik - russian for example...
How can I fix it? Please help. :?:

zoombee

Post by zoombee »

i have installed this mod and set the questions and answers

however when i try to register a new user..i cannot see the question anywhere....going through the whole registration (without the question appearing)

i see this error

No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered

please assist

Fix: Double checked my forum template using the code from both template .xml's. This time I was able to find the code in my template.

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola »

Hmmm, testing out the registration i get the "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered." after keying it in. Very odd.
Diet Ebola Cola

johnpao

Post by johnpao »

Hi

I have installed mod OK it seems to work, except that any answer is accepted - wrong or nothing entered - any clues?

Thanks

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Check the edits you did to ucp_register.php, pay particular mind to brackets.

johnpao

[SOLVED] Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by johnpao »

Thanks Rich - I double checked the code and I must have missed something - but now the answer field is filled with the word 'array' and no answer is correct...?

[SOLVED] Hmm, took me 3 goes but I got there - obviously my attention to detail was a little sloppy....
Last edited by johnpao on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Post your ucp_register.php file up as a text link and I'll take a look at it for you.

Charles L. Cotton

Re Anti-Bot Question: "Email addresses don't match"

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I must have messed up one of the hacks when installing this mod. When I try to register, I get an error message "The email addresses don't match" even when they do match. Does anyone have an idea which file is likely botched? I'd hate to have to start over on all of this.

Thanks,
Chas.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”