Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
johnpao

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by johnpao »

Solved
Last edited by johnpao on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charles L. Cotton

Re: Re Anti-Bot Question: "Email addresses don't match"

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I must have messed up one of the hacks when installing this mod. When I try to register, I get an error message "The email addresses don't match" even when they do match. Does anyone have an idea which file is likely botched? I'd hate to have to start over on all of this.

Thanks,
Chas.
UPDATE:
I found the problem in /includes/upc/upc_register.php As I suspected, I messed up on the location of some of the code being added.

During testing I found an interesting bug. If I answer the anti-bot question incorrectly, the error message I get states the question was answered incorrectly. However, if I leave the anti-bot question blank, I get an error message that the email addresses don't match, but nothing is mentioned about the anti-bot question.

Chas.

mikeablah

Post by mikeablah »

Sorry if this may have been answered already but may have missed it...
Add an Admin controlled anti-bot question to the registration page and ACP.
Can I ask more than 1 question which is asked at random when registering? And does that mean I would have to answer a question everytime I enter the admin control panel?

Besherek

Post by Besherek »

Hi guys,

I installed the board and went straight into installing this mod. I installed everything per instructions including the template file. I purged the board cache as well.

Problem I'm having is that my registration page is blank (white). Same when I try to log out of my admin account, it goes to a white blank page and fails to log me out.

However, I did get the admin section of the question to work and I enabled it.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Agnostik

Post by Agnostik »

I'm experiencing the same problem most users have: no input field for the Anti-Bot question.

I have purged my cache in the main admin section + all cached files listed in the Prosilver stylesheet section.

Agnostik

Post by Agnostik »

Nevermind: I figured it out.

It's funny, but it doesn't mention in the main MOD file that you need to proceed to change the style in Template folder so I overlooked it. Maybe because I was tired I missed checking that folder, but a return to the MOD after a good night's sleep illuminated my oversight.

Thanks for the great MOD! :D

Xaman

Post by Xaman »

I have installed this mod, but it screws up my Visual confirmation, it no longer shows any image with the letters.

And when I try to register with IE 7, the font on the registration page is way too big. Doesn't happen in Firefox.

#Domestos

Post by #Domestos »

Hi,

i got a Problem with the Mod and my Style. It isnt showing right.

http://www.radiance-guild.de/

Go to the Registration and see what i mean.Would be nice if anyone can edit my ucp_register.html to show correctly.

The File is in the Attachment.
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

CoC

Post by CoC »

The style you are using is based on subsilver2, you applied the edit that is for a prosilver based style.
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

phpaaa

Post by phpaaa »

Whats wrong ? .... i've just installed this MOD and my forum become a BLANK (white) page ...

Then i ftp my backup old "common.php" file back to language/en/common.php .... i can read my forum but when i click "login" or "register", blank page again ?

did i miss something ?

i've edit

includes/ucp/ucp_register.php
includes/acp/acp_board.php
language/en/acp/board.php
language/en/ucp.php
language/en/common.php

and

style/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html

and modified the SQL

anything else ?

i could PM my site address to you if u think it's necessary ... :cry:

#Domestos

Post by #Domestos »

CoC wrote:The style you are using is based on subsilver2, you applied the edit that is for a prosilver based style.

Thanks, works perfectly.

phpaaa

Post by phpaaa »

i'm using prosilver but why i also encounter blank page problem ????

i found that when i use the ACP html editor to edit the "style/prosilver/template/ucp_register.html" , then click the submit button , i would get the following error message.

Information
Cannot find template on filesystem.

« Back to previous page

what that means? and would that be a problem ?

nickanthony

Anti-Bot Question on 3.0.2

Post by nickanthony »

Hi, I already know this is a great mod, but the spec says it was tested only on 3.0.0.

Is it safe to install on 3.0.2 ?

Thnx, Nick
:?:

Xaman

Post by Xaman »

After I installed this mod the visual confirmation image no longer shows which is causing us issues. Can anyone pin point what could be causing this?

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

phpaaa wrote:Whats wrong ? .... i've just installed this MOD and my forum become a BLANK (white) page ...
You edited the file with an editor that inserted a BOM (wiki search)..use notepad++ or some other strict non-BOM inserting editor.
nickanthony wrote:Hi, I already know this is a great mod, but the spec says it was tested only on 3.0.0.

Is it safe to install on 3.0.2 ?

Thnx, Nick
:?:
It's installed on mine.
Xaman wrote:After I installed this mod the visual confirmation image no longer shows which is causing us issues. Can anyone pin point what could be causing this?
Check the edits done to the html file.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”