Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
munque

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by munque » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Chef_uk wrote: Could it be possible to have an image shown as the question with the question on it and still have the answer box to be filled out? The image could have anything as its background as long as a human can read it, it could even just be distoted a little.
Yes. If you know enough HTML to add an image, the file is styles/(your_style)/template/ucp_register.html. This is a snippet of HTML code that phpBB3 will use to build the registration page. Add the image, upload the file, go to the admin control page and purge the cache, implement custom questions, and the registration page will contain the image.

Edit: I put the image under drop down box for the time zone and it fits in with the question on an unmodded board. I've tested it with subsilver 2.

Configuring CAPTCHA to display a question rather than an image was not that obvious. but the mechanism is there. And purging the cache didn't work for me properly. I finally resorted to clearing the cache manually via FTP. The cache, BTW, stores the assembled pages that PHPBB builds so it doesn't have to rebuild them. Changing ucp_register.html doesn't force a rebuild, so that's why the cache has to be cleared.

breastbuddies

Post by breastbuddies » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:53 am

breastbuddies wrote:
MyFaveFreebies wrote:
wolfman24 wrote:Since phpbb3.0.6 there is no need for this mod anymore, since it is part of phpBB itself (see captchas -> Q&A Plugin or so in ACP).
I disagree. With an anti-bot question I had zero spam users. With the 3.07 latest update and integrated CAPTCHA I still have spam bots registering. There is still a need for this mod.
I have to go with MyFaveFreebies here. I also had zero spammers in over two yeras with this mod. If I can only get it to work.... :?

Is it possibly because I have Captcha turned on in the ACP?

Any help will be appreciated.

Please anyone - I am still struggeling - please help me out here :) please pretty please

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 am

Upgrade your board (and don't forget the style) to phpBB >= 3.0.6 and use the Q&A Plugin.

breastbuddies

Post by breastbuddies » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:29 am

wolfman24 wrote:Upgrade your board (and don't forget the style) to phpBB >= 3.0.6 and use the Q&A Plugin.
Sorry I don't understand? it is in phpbb??

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Yes, since 3.0.6 this mod is kinda included in the forum software itself.

breastbuddies

Post by breastbuddies » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:06 pm

My board is on the latest version 3.0.7 and the polythylene theme.

No anti-spam question in the ACP to set up.

Where can I find it?

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:23 pm

breastbuddies wrote:My board is on the latest version 3.0.7 and the polythylene theme.

No anti-spam question in the ACP to set up.

Where can I find it?
You need to read more carefully, you already quoted it severall times, see here
breastbuddies wrote:
breastbuddies wrote:
MyFaveFreebies wrote:
wolfman24 wrote:Since phpbb3.0.6 there is no need for this mod anymore, since it is part of phpBB itself (see captchas -> Q&A Plugin or so in ACP).
I disagree. With an anti-bot question I had zero spam users. With the 3.07 latest update and integrated CAPTCHA I still have spam bots registering. There is still a need for this mod.
I have to go with MyFaveFreebies here. I also had zero spammers in over two yeras with this mod. If I can only get it to work.... :?

Is it possibly because I have Captcha turned on in the ACP?

Any help will be appreciated.

Please anyone - I am still struggeling - please help me out here :) please pretty please
Find ACP -> Captchas -> Q&A Plugin

munque

Post by munque » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 am

1) Go to your ACP
2) Chose User Registration Settings
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 6720 times
3) Then choose Captcha Module Settings
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (44.07 KiB) Viewed 6720 times
4) In the drop down box, set it to Q&A Captcha and configure the questions.
It might be grayed out, but will work in 3.07. Didn't try 3.06
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (38.3 KiB) Viewed 6720 times
No need to keep original anti-bot mod with this option.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”