Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
CoC

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by CoC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Delete line 291 of your includes/ucp/ucp_register.php file.

Code: Select all

}  
Also this mod doesn't effect permissions, have you installed any other mods?

911bob

Post by 911bob » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:11 pm

This is the only mod..

911bob

Post by 911bob » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I did the following:
deleted the database,
-deleted the phpBB3 directory
re-uploaded (with your mods)
created the database
then went back to re-install, and even thne I was getting the error messages at the top of the page..

And after I went through the setup, I was in the ACP, but as soon as I exited and went in through the BB index.php page, it logged me in, but refused to let me into the admin again..

Guess I will start with non-modified files then re-apply

911bob

Post by 911bob » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Still getting the same errors, did full un-install, then re-installed, verified it was working, updated dB, updated file, uploaded, cleared cache... and no go...

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:02 pm

This is the error I'm getting upon registration...

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_register.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_register.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_register.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_register.php:1)

CoC

Post by CoC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:45 pm

What are you using to edit the files?

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:19 pm

EditPlus what I've always used even in pbpbb 2.0.x Which I paste in the CPanel editor. Only occurs on the register page.

PetulantPoetess

Post by PetulantPoetess » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:43 am

I have installed version 1.1.0 to the letter, purging files, and choosing a question (which is more like a statement) and entering two different answers. Everything works fine except for one final thing:

When I test this, and I enter the answer (the first one I have typed in), I continually come up with 'No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered.' ((But that was infinitely better than the 'Wrong Answer' message I was getting before I purged. *lol*))

I'm at a loss. I've double checked everything, plus read through these comments. I've even disabled it, reenabled it, purged cache again. I don't know what's wrong.

Help!! Please?

Serafino

Post by Serafino » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:01 am

I've got the same problem as you Petulant. If you've come up with a solution, please post it as I'd love to know...

The one thing that bothers me is that I'm using a different template for my forum than the prosilver that the ucp_register.html is written for, so it didn't seem logical to input

<dd><input type="text" tabindex="6" name="AB_Question" id="AB_Question" size="25" maxlength="255" value="{AB_QUESTION}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_AB_QUESTION}" /></dd>

when the format of the template is an html table...I altered it to the following:

<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" name="AB_Question" size="25" maxlength="255" value="{AB_QUESTION}" title="{L_AB_QUESTION}" /></td>

which kept it consistent with the rest of the document, but is probably responsible for my error...

Does anyone have any ideas?

CoC

Post by CoC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:18 am

SAFFLEUR wrote:EditPlus what I've always used even in pbpbb 2.0.x Which I paste in the CPanel editor. Only occurs on the register page.
try something different to edi the files, I personally use notepad2 and have never had a problem with it.
PetulantPoetess wrote:I have installed version 1.1.0 to the letter, purging files, and choosing a question (which is more like a statement) and entering two different answers. Everything works fine except for one final thing:

When I test this, and I enter the answer (the first one I have typed in), I continually come up with 'No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered.' ((But that was infinitely better than the 'Wrong Answer' message I was getting before I purged. *lol*))

I'm at a loss. I've double checked everything, plus read through these comments. I've even disabled it, reenabled it, purged cache again. I don't know what's wrong.

Help!! Please?
What version of php and dbs are you using?
Serafino wrote:I've got the same problem as you Petulant. If you've come up with a solution, please post it as I'd love to know...
Same as above, also you could have just used the subsilver2 code.

canadianlatitude

Post by canadianlatitude » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:26 am

I just installed it on a fresh board with no mods and I get this when I go to the admin panel?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

and this at the very top of the index page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

any ideas?

Kerrith

Post by Kerrith » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:13 pm

CoC wrote:Updated to 1.1.0

Download
Hi, It would save us newbees time if the update was posted on the download page. I downloaded 1.0.2 after which discovered the update.

Thanks so much for this mod.

Kerry

CoC

Post by CoC » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:46 pm

It may do, but the 1.0.2 is the validated mod, 1.1.0 is a bug fix and not yet validated and until such time it will never be on the download page.
Nothing I can do about that.
canadianlatitude wrote:I just installed it on a fresh board with no mods and I get this when I go to the admin panel?

snip

and this at the very top of the index page:

snip

any ideas?
Yes, use a better editor.
One that does not add a BOM to the files, or you can choose to save as UTF-8 without BOM.

Fridge
Name: Martin

Post by Fridge » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:01 pm

@CoC

Is the bugfix of this mod and now present in v1.10 the same as mentioned in this message ?
Because i want to upgrade from v1.04 to v1.10 ;)

Edit: I see that it is not 1.04 that i use but also 1.02
Last edited by Fridge on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kerrith

Post by Kerrith » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi CoC,

Re: "It may do, but the 1.0.2 is the validated mod, 1.1.0 is a bug fix and not yet validated and until such time it will never be on the download page.
Nothing I can do about that." I understand now. Thanks,

Kerry

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”