Anti-Bot Question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Locked
User avatar
CoC
Registered User
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by CoC » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Fridge wrote:@CoC

Is the bugfix of this mod and now present in v1.10 the same as mentioned in this message ?
Because i want to upgrade from v1.04 to v1.10 ;)
Yes thats it - :D

Kerrith wrote:Hi CoC,

Re: "It may do, but the 1.0.2 is the validated mod, 1.1.0 is a bug fix and not yet validated and until such time it will never be on the download page.
Nothing I can do about that." I understand now. Thanks,

Kerry
The download link in the third post will always be to the latest version, so you could bookmark it and check back every few months to see if it has had any update - :D

Kerrith
Registered User
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:16 am
Location: Pahoa, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Kerrith » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Re: "The download link in the third post will always be to the latest version, so you could bookmark it and check back every few months to see if it has had any update -"

Thanks CoC.

Kerry

Fridge
Registered User
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Name: Martin
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Fridge » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:58 pm

CoC wrote:
Fridge wrote:@CoC

Is the bugfix of this mod and now present in v1.10 the same as mentioned in this message ?
Because i want to upgrade from v1.04 to v1.10 ;)
Yes thats it - :D
I edited my message stating i was using 1.02 instead of 1.04, so how can i upgrade from 1.02 to 1.04, and afterwards do the fix to 1.10 ?

Thnx ;)

User avatar
CoC
Registered User
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by CoC » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:25 pm

You can use that to update from 1.0.2 - 1.1.0

The only other edit was a typo in language/en/common.php

against was spelt agaist

Code: Select all

	'AB_QUESTION_EXPLAIN'			=> 'For protection against spam, Answer the above question.',

Kerrith
Registered User
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:16 am
Location: Pahoa, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Kerrith » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:44 am

I must have made an error.

In the ACP General > User Registration Settings > Anti-Bot Question = Yes
I entered a question and two answers then I pressed Submit

I logged out and then I registered and entered the confirmation code and pressed Submit and got "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered." I did not see the Answer the Question option. Is it supposed to be on the Registration page or another page?

Suggestion?

Thanks,

Kerry
Anti-Bot Question v.1.1.0
phpBB 3.0
Board URL: http://www.comcom121.org/phpBB/
Last edited by Kerrith on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
canadianlatitude
Registered User
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:13 am
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by canadianlatitude » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:44 am

Yes, use a better editor.
One that does not add a BOM to the files, or you can choose to save as UTF-8 without BOM.
Thanks :D It worked I went and downloaded Notepad++ and that seemed to do the trick. :)

User avatar
CoC
Registered User
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:16 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by CoC » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:55 am

Kerrith wrote:I must have made an error.

In the ACP General > User Registration Settings > Anti-Bot Question = Yes
I entered a question and two answers then I pressed Submit

Board URL: http://www.comcom121.org/phpBB/
Did you make the style edit?
AntiBotQuestion/templates/prosilver.xml
canadianlatitude wrote:
Yes, use a better editor.
One that does not add a BOM to the files, or you can choose to save as UTF-8 without BOM.
Thanks :D It worked I went and downloaded Notepad++ and that seemed to do the trick. :)
:D

Kerrith
Registered User
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:16 am
Location: Pahoa, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Kerrith » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 am

Re: Style edit?

Aaah, I edited the wrong set of files. I just followed the instructions at the top of this thread. :oops:

That would be a nice tidbit to put in a readme.txt file "Open the .xml doc that matches your board's style."

Some of us are newbees to this process. :)

Kerry

whitetj
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 am

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by whitetj » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:03 am

I've downloaded from the link in the third post, but can't figure out how to install this - I don't see any install instructions.... am I blind? help.....

Kerrith
Registered User
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:16 am
Location: Pahoa, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Kerrith » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:43 am

Hi Whitetj,

The blind leading the blind here but unzip the download and you'll see 4 items, one named Anti Bot Question.xml. Dbl click for the pages to edit.

Also in the unzipped download dbl click the folder named templates and select your board's default style and dbl click. It will give you some sense of what to do. I'm just one minute ahead of you after doing it incorrectly the first time.

Kerry
Last edited by Kerrith on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

whitetj
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 am

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by whitetj » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:02 am

Yep,

I've downloaded and unzipped, and see the xml files, but have no clue what to do with them. I'm actually using another theme/template that I installed (acidtech) but even there is no hint or clue as to what to do with the file(s) that were unzipped. I've even opened the files thinking there'd be a clue in them, but not that I can see.

Doug

Kerrith
Registered User
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:16 am
Location: Pahoa, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Kerrith » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:26 am

Here's where I'm at. I edited the styles/templates/prosilver/ucp_register.html
and I'm still getting "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered." I did not see the Answer the Question option. Is it supposed to be on the Registration page or another page?


Kerry

In SQL query I get:

Error
SQL query:
INSERT INTO phpbb_config( config_name, config_value, is_dynamic )
VALUES (

'enable_abquestion', '0', '0'
);



MySQL said:

#1054 - Unknown column 'is_dynamic' in 'field list'
but I don't knopw what it means.

Kerry

Kerrith
Registered User
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:16 am
Location: Pahoa, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by Kerrith » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:47 am

whitetj wrote:Yep,

I've downloaded and unzipped, and see the xml files, but have no clue what to do with them. I'm actually using another theme/template that I installed (acidtech) but even there is no hint or clue as to what to do with the file(s) that were unzipped. I've even opened the files thinking there'd be a clue in them, but not that I can see.Doug
For example: in the Anti Bot Question.XML you'll see
Open: includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

Via FTP find the ucp_register.php file and using your text editor search feature find the
the following line:
'tz' => request_var('tz', (float) $timezone),
Add this line on a new blank line after the preceding line(s)
'AB_Question' => strtolower(request_var('AB_Question', '')),
The spacing is all screwed up, hopefully you can make sense of my instruction.

Kerry

whitetj
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 am

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by whitetj » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:18 pm

Kerrith wrote:......
I logged out and then I registered and entered the confirmation code and pressed Submit and got "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered." I did not see the Answer the Question option. Is it supposed to be on the Registration page or another page?
Suggestion?
Thanks,

Kerry
Anti-Bot Question v.1.1.0
phpBB 3.0
Board URL: http://www.comcom121.org/phpBB/
I do believe it should show up on the registration page.
I'm still lost as ever with trying to figure out how to install this mod since it didn't appear to include any instructions.

Doug

boberonicus
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:30 am

Re: Anti-Bot Question

Post by boberonicus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:11 am

whitetj wrote: I'm still lost as ever with trying to figure out how to install this mod since it didn't appear to include any instructions.
You might find this post on page four of this thread helpful. It reflect the current version.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”