IP-address in topic for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Re: IP-address in topic for phpBB3

Post by muggins »

My apologies to all! :oops:
Muggins
daredevil33

Post by daredevil33 »

muggins wrote:My apologies to all! :oops:
Well I am thankful but is their anyway I can do what you posted in the screenshot? I know answer is yes but what post of you should i follow?

Should I just follow after this:

"I added this functionality to the 'Who is online' page and to the ACP User Overview."
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8091295
muggins

Post by muggins »

Huge caveat! I am not quite sober, so my instructions may lead you astray... :lol:

Follow the quoted bits before you do my changes to understand what we did. Sevenalive added the IP mapping call, and I arranged it into a conveniently-sized pop-up for my use.

Afterwards, the other changes were made to viewonline.php, etc., again to suit meself. ;)

:mrgreen:
Muggins
daredevil33

Post by daredevil33 »

muggins wrote:Huge caveat! I am not quite sober, so my instructions may lead you astray... :lol:

Follow the quoted bits before you do my changes to understand what we did. Sevenalive added the IP mapping call, and I arranged it into a conveniently-sized pop-up for my use.

Afterwards, the other changes were made to viewonline.php, etc., again to suit meself. ;)

:mrgreen:
Well how about to release your own mode so all can easily follow it? Or if you don't mind can you post here from scratch? Like edit this and that and u are done. Kind of simple one. For php newbies like me its tough although you guys say learn it all and just edit it but its not that easy for us.

I hope you don't mind saying newbies like me what to do from scratch. Should take 5 mins for you to post and 3 days for us to figure out if we did from quote and all.

Thanks
muggins

Post by muggins »

My post count doesn't really qualify me as much more than a newbie, too. Sorry.

I will try to package this as a mod, but be patient please! I have never tried it before, so it will take much longer than 5 minutes. :|

Edit: Here is the topic for the mod: [BETA] IP Address Map Pop-up
Muggins
daredevil33

Post by daredevil33 »

muggins wrote:My post count doesn't really qualify me as much more than a newbie, too. Sorry.

I will try to package this as a mod, but be patient please! I have never tried it before, so it will take much longer than 5 minutes. :|

Edit: Here is the topic for the mod: [BETA] IP Address Map Pop-up
Edit: Replied in that post.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8140745
i2Paq

Post by i2Paq »

How can it be that it logs my server's IP instead of the posters IP?
Because my server does url-redirects via .htaccess to a sub-folder where phpBB is installed?
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

i2Paq
I'm not sure I've understood your question correctly. This MOD takes posters' IP addresses from the phpBB database (posts table), nothing more.
i2Paq

Post by i2Paq »

rxu wrote:i2Paq
I'm not sure I've understood your question correctly. This MOD takes posters' IP addresses from the phpBB database (posts table), nothing more.
I know, but it shows the servers IP-address instead of that of the poster.
dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

Great mod! thanks a lot, rxu (btw, never had a chance to say thanks for your excellent quick reply so here it is, thanks! and sorry to digress:)

Have to ask though - is it possible to make IP clickable to open a window with all the posts made from that IP (that's a functionality IPB has) instead of utrace?
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

Thanks.
I guess the answer is "yes", but since there's no stock "search by IP address" feature, the solution won't be trivial and the amount of code to implement such addon can be evaluated as a standalone MOD :)
dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

Yeah, i can see that:)
thanks either way, i find this a very useful mod.
Mario_AU

Post by Mario_AU »

i just installed 3.0.4, (from 3.0.0), all is well and i am reinstalling mods again.
i did a full and fresh install - good to keep me on my toes.
now my only comment here is to say that i would have hoped that this mod or the outcome of it would have been added into phpbb proper by now. i mean what forum software doesn't come with show ip to admin/mods in the topics ?

and thanks again rxu.....
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

You can see members IPs from the Moderator Control Panel by clicking the question mark in viewtopic.
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
Midge

Post by Midge »

Thanks for a very helpful mod! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”