MOD Version Check

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
jomasaco

Re: MOD Version Check

Post by jomasaco »

Restore your Modules table in db.

And instead of confire that on System -> Module Management -> Administration Control Panel -> System ->
Configure on System -> Automation

Works for me Image

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR »

Fixed it...apparently I thought I clicked Automation but didn't...so installed the module in the wrong spot.

Molopää

Post by Molopää »

Ok. Works me too, i think, but?

Now if I co ACP and and look at Check for updates i get this Word censoring :? And I don't have any words to word censoring?

Is this OK?

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

that's very odd… that should be the phpBB check for updates page… so something is not right with your modules.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

Molopää

Post by Molopää »

Yes, well... I don't know what i can dry, but I wait next forum ubdate, so at then I can see what hapen....

Here is Cechk for MOD updates and it looks ok. I have ajax chat MOD and TS_GALLERY it not at there yet i think...

Molopää

Post by Molopää »

Molopää wrote:Now if I co ACP and and look at Check for updates i get this Word censoring :?
Yes, I just move that Word censoring to the right modul, i don't know why it was at there, but now running... :ugeek:

alexisfr

Post by alexisfr »

jomasaco wrote:Restore your Modules table in db.

And instead of confire that on System -> Module Management -> Administration Control Panel -> System ->
Configure on System -> Automation

Works for me Image
Hi,

I deleted the latest entry of the Modules table - which is I supose the only db modification that the MOD installation has done - but I am still getting the "general error" message when trying to load the system tab of the ACP. I also removed all the files I had copied to install the mod, but it is of no help.

EDIT: problem solved by restoring the Modules base with the SQL query found there: http://www.ktuk.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3206 plus clearing the cache.

soulseller

Post by soulseller »

Hi,
first of all: NICE MOD!
thanks for all the struggle :)

i uploaded all files and activated the module, now that:
"Version server could not be contacted"
what did i wrong?
how can i edit the mods/*xml-files to work?
Thanks in advice
Tom

soulseller

Post by soulseller »

[SOLVED] in the mods/*xml-files was the "startreckguide"-adress withous the ".com"
"startrekguide.com"!!!

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 »

This is a fantastic Mod.. Great Job!

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

Nice work!
I wish all MODs use it - forced to use it officially from phpBB. :lol:

Thanx for such a great MOD

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 »

I wish this was required to have in all MODS.. It would be soo much easier to keep track of updates..

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 »

primehalo wrote:
Handyman` wrote:it does neither… it only checks MODs that have a MOD Version Check file included.
If you install a MOD that has a MOD Version Check file included, you'll want to install this to make sure you keep it up to date :)
How about a method that doesn't involve two extra files that need to be kept updated for every version? The existing installation instructions should have all the required info save for the remote location of the XML version file. So what about just having MOD authors add one line to their instructions specifying this location, like:

Code: Select all

<instructions href="http://www.example.com/install.xml" />
Then use the database to keep track of local version numbers. Have the user extract the MOD to the mods directory, where your script will scan whenever the user clicks on the tab. It can even break them down into categories: MODs that are stored in the database and in the directory, MODs in the database that aren't in the directory, and MODs in the directory that aren't in the database. Or for a simpler implementation, just have the user browse to the install instructions file they want to add.

I absolutel 100% agree with primehalo. I think by doing this, more of the MOD Authors would include teh file..

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

It is very simple to create a version check file for the mod author. I have added it to my medals mod a while ago. However, the author needs to maintain a file on their host in order to a check to be done. Storing it in the local database wouldn't help. As it is now, a mod can add the check by putting the version file in place, nothing more.

bjoer751

Post by bjoer751 »

Thanks a million for this MOD - it's superb. Wish all MOD-writers would make use of it.
I made a swedish translation of it, perhaps it could be included with the MOD itself? Just let me know where I can send the file.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”