SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

SEO MOD

Postby Extensions Robot » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Modification name: SEO MOD
Author: Handyman`
Modification description: Gives your forum static URL's
Modification version: 1.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: seo_mod.zip
File size: 33187 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Modifications Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extensions Team)

Paul
Extensions Team Member
Extensions Team Member
Name: Paul Sohier

SEO MOD

Postby Paul » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Re: SEO MOD

Postby 319 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:00 pm

What's about Russian language. If the topic manes is russian. Will SEO be working good?

Handyman`
QA Team

Postby Handyman` » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Fixes for the current version: viewtopic.php?p=5716395#p5716395

319 wrote:What's about Russian language. If the topic manes is russian. Will SEO be working good?

This MOD uses UTF8, so it works with all languages.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

kam009

Postby kam009 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:51 pm

What does this mod do?, how does a static url look like? are they search engine friendly?

WhiteWolfSix

Postby WhiteWolfSix » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:57 pm

kam009: SEO means Search Engine Optimisation, so links are search engine friendly. :mrgreen:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

Libor

Postby Libor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:52 pm

Any update from last version in Mods in Development? Or just rank as releases, because it´s working fine? :D
My czech forum about mp3 players: http://www.mujprehravac.cz/forum/
I use many of items here in forum. Thanks all for help and mods.

Mitch1063

Postby Mitch1063 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:41 am

First let me tell you I love this mod.
Also I tried to register on your site to tell you of my problem but never get the e-mail to confirm my account.

On to my problem
I run Stargate / KISS Portal with phpBB3 and installed the SEO RC4 mod on both Forums
http://www.hamradiostop.com/

The problem is when the mod is done on the portal page when you put the mouse over the forum link (index.html) all I get is the domain and not the domain/index.html
On the pre-MOD Site it shows the proper link.
when I use this HTACCESS file to default the portal.php page to load, (note the last line).

First let me tell you I love this mod.
Also I tried to register on your site to tell you of my problem but never get the e-mail to confirm my account.

On to my problem
I run Stargate / KISS Portal with phpBB3 and installed the SEO RC4 mod on both Forums
http://www.hamradiostop.com/
The problem is when the mod is done on the portal page when you put the mouse over the forum link (index.html) all I get is the domain and not the domain/index.html
On the pre-MOD Site it shows the proper link.
when I use this HTACCESS file to default the portal.php page to load, (note the last line).

Code: Select all

<Files "config.php">
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from All
    </Files>

<Files "common.php">
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from All
    </Files>

RewriteEngine on

Rewriterule ^(.+)-f([0-9]*).html-(.+)$            ./viewforum.php?f=$2&$3
    Rewriterule ^(.+)-(t|p)([0-9]*).html-(.+)$         ./viewtopic.php?$2=$3&$4
    Rewriterule ^(.+)-f([0-9]*)s([0-9]*).html-(.+)$      ./viewforum.php?f=$2&start=$3&$4
    Rewriterule ^(.+)-(t|p)([0-9]*)s([0-9]*).html-(.+)$   ./viewtopic.php?$2=$3&start=$4&$5

Rewriterule ^(.+)-f([0-9]*).html$               ./viewforum.php?f=$2&$3
    Rewriterule ^(.+)-(t|p)([0-9]*).html$            ./viewtopic.php?$2=$3&$4
    Rewriterule ^(.+)-f([0-9]*)s([0-9]*).html$         ./viewforum.php?f=$2&start=$3&$4
    Rewriterule ^(.+)-(t|p)([0-9]*)s([0-9]*).html$      ./viewtopic.php?$2=$3&start=$4&$5

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php

The forum link(index.html) will not work. if I remove the last line it works fine.

I hope I explained this correctly
Last edited by Mitch1063 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

gph

Postby gph » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:33 am

Does this MOD eliminate the problem of duplicate content? i.e. a single page of content could be reached by a number of URLs on the board, which the search engines generally don't like...

Handyman`
QA Team

Postby Handyman` » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 am

Libor wrote:Any update from last version in Mods in Development? Or just rank as releases, because it´s working fine? :D

It's the same.

@Mitch,

I'll resend the confirmation email from startrekguide and if you don't get it by tomorrow, I'll just activate your account… I want to track down the cause of not receiving your email if there's an issue there :)
Also, This MOD doesn't work well with Portals so far, so if it's working for you right now, that's great.
I'm going to make some changes that should make it work well in all cases at a later point… maybe an ACP to control it all :)

gph wrote:Does this MOD eliminate the problem of duplicate content? i.e. a single page of content could be reached by a number of URLs on the board, which the search engines generally don't like...

Not currently… that feature is in progress.
I haven't been able to MOD since November since I'm in the middle of a move.
I hope to get cracking at it again soon.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery

vinamarine

Postby vinamarine » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:03 pm

Does this MOD support Vietnamese language (something like "Diễn đàn Hàng hải Việt Nam")?

Obi_Wan

Postby Obi_Wan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 pm

May I ask what's the status of the bug that there is a 404 error if you klick on the "view last unread" button next to the post title?

Mitch1063

Postby Mitch1063 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Handyman` wrote:
Libor wrote:Any update from last version in Mods in Development? Or just rank as releases, because it´s working fine? :D

It's the same.

@Mitch,

I'll resend the confirmation email from startrekguide and if you don't get it by tomorrow, I'll just activate your account… I want to track down the cause of not receiving your email if there's an issue there :)
Also, This MOD doesn't work well with Portals so far, so if it's working for you right now, that's great.
I'm going to make some changes that should make it work well in all cases at a later point… maybe an ACP to control it all :)

gph wrote:Does this MOD eliminate the problem of duplicate content? i.e. a single page of content could be reached by a number of URLs on the board, which the search engines generally don't like...

Not currently… that feature is in progress.
I haven't been able to MOD since November since I'm in the middle of a move.
I hope to get cracking at it again soon.

Thats a bummer - I guess I need to remove it. Mike did say something about including an SEO mod later.
and also fixing the return to index each time annoyance in the portal.
I will keep looking for an update

lukak

Postby lukak » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:00 pm

i managed to include it in the phpbb3portal ... it works just fine with it :D
and thanks for this gem :D

Handyman`
QA Team

Postby Handyman` » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:17 pm

vinamarine wrote:Does this MOD support Vietnamese language (something like "Diễn đàn Hàng hải Việt Nam")?

read previous posts.

Obi_Wan wrote:May I ask what's the status of the bug that there is a 404 error if you klick on the "view last unread" button next to the post title?

See my MOD queue for dates… I keep that update all the time.

lukak wrote:i managed to include it in the phpbb3portal ... it works just fine with it :D
and thanks for this gem :D

:)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”