SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
waxxie

Re: SEO MOD

Post by waxxie »

jwheeler wrote:thats not quite what i meant.
wasn't directed at you at all
marcusbacus

Post by marcusbacus »

I think this MOD does what you want: http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/phpbb-se ... rl-38.html

I tried it, but I didn't get any benefits so far (I didn't try the advanced mode yet though)... way too confusing to install, not very user-friendly, and the URLs were not as descriptive as they said they would be (at least when I ran it first). Google is still having problems to index my board (everything is set right, bots, robots.txt, etc.) but it is indexing only some odd forum posts, usually posts absolutely out of context of the main theme of the board. Pages of the site that aren't in the board are being indexed quite nicely though (which proves Google and its bots are doing their job right), and these pages have been what people are using to find my board occasionaly - I've put a link in these pages just in case, or until they start indexing the board. I read everywhere that it might take up to 2 months for them to start indexing a forum, but as some pages are already appearing there, why not the others (more relevant!) aren't?
waxxie

U_VIEW_UNREAD_POST SOLUTION/FIX

Post by waxxie »

this resolves the bug where you're reading a thread and on the first page you see
"First unread post"
and the link shows this

mysite.com/-t92.html-view=unread#unread

You notice that it is missing the thread title completely, resulting in 404 or some such error

What we need it to look like is

mysite.com/my-thread-t92.html-view=unread#unread

open "viewtopic.php"

Code: Select all

FIND:

$template->assign_vars(array(
        'U_VIEW_UNREAD_POST'   => format_url($topic_title, "t$topic_id", 0, 'view=unread#unread'),
));

ADD ABOVE:

$topic_title = $topic_data['topic_title'];
jwheeler

Post by jwheeler »

waxxie wrote:wasn't directed at you at all
ok kl. Twas just cause you posted before and after me. lol.
marcusbacus wrote:I think this MOD does what you want: http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/phpbb-se ... rl-38.html
Nah, i tried that, it only shows one parent forum/category and topic.htm

But ill try asking them if they know how to do it.
waxxie

Mark Forums & Topics Read SOLVED/FIXED

Post by waxxie »

To solve the Mark Forums read bug...

open
includes/functions_display.php

FIND:
'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? format_url($row['forum_name'], 'f' . $root_data['forum_id'], 0, 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . "-mark=forums") : '',

REPLACE WITH:
'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? format_url($row['forum_name'], 'f' . $root_data['forum_id'], 0, 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . "&mark=forums") : '',
To solve the Mark Threads read bug...

open
viewforum.php

FIND:
'U_MARK_TOPICS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? format_url($forum_name, "f$forum_id", 0, 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . '-mark=topics') : '',

REPLACE WITH:
'U_MARK_TOPICS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? format_url($forum_name, "f$forum_id", 0, 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . '&mark=topics') : '',
In both cases it is a case of a "-" (dash) needing to be replaced by a "&" ampersand.

Voila.
waxxie

Better clean_url function

Post by waxxie »

I find the current clean_url function the be lacking as many foreign characters can be added and you need to edit the functions_seo.php to add each in the array.

On my site I accept only a-z and 0-9.

to do this open includes/functions_seo.php

FIND:
$find = array(' ', '@', '=', '$', '&amp', '&quot', '+', '~', '`', '?', '#', '%', '!', '^', '.', '/', '_', ')', '(', '[', ']', '{', '}', ':', ',', '<', '>', ';', '|', '*', '"', '\'', '\\');
$url = str_replace($find, '-', censor_text($url));

REPLACE WITH:
$url = ereg_replace('[^A-Za-z0-9]', '-', censor_text($url));
Enjoy
Pardis
Translator

Post by Pardis »

Is this mod compatible with 3.0.5 ?
waxxie

Post by waxxie »

Pardis wrote:Is this mod compatible with 3.0.5 ?
after a lot of fixing, yes
you'll have to read through my posts here and a few others in this thread to fix up the issues

but once done, it works well

:D
Pardis
Translator

Post by Pardis »

Thanks alot
So it is better I use http://www.phpbb-seo.com mod,is it ?
marcusbacus

Post by marcusbacus »

I'd say yes. Although I gave up using this one too, since Google started to finally index my board properly on its own. I might re-enable it someday though.

After I disabled it I could see some (a lot actually) of the topics being indexed as soon as they became more "user-friendly" in their URLs. I had some weird problem that was preventing Googlebot to read my URLs correctly (although it always showed up as being there in the board) and it started to work again after I've removed all the bots and installed them again manually.

One MOD of this same developer that I'm using though is one about metatags, it adds the meta tags according to the topic subject or something like that. They say that it's a complementary MOD to this other SEO MOD, but I'm using it alone.
aguest@163.com

Post by aguest@163.com »

May somebody can help me, how can I install this seo mod?

My host www.live1151.com had updated to 3.0.6.

Thanks!
coreymanshack

Post by coreymanshack »

Well thanks handyman good mod, besides the fact that you put an advertisement at the bottom of my page.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

No php guru here, but a lot of things wern't considerd for this MOD. you have to be very careful when you change your URL's so dramaticly. and used poorly ( bugs in the mod ) it can actually do more harm to your board then good. Talking SEO wise anyway.
user751139

Post by user751139 »

one small question please;

Everything works great! except I have the "Top Five" mod
and those links don't work i get this:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'phpbb_topics t WHERE t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND t.topic_id = 501' at line 3 [1064]

If someone could shed some light i would really appreciate it
theboxer

Post by theboxer »

Lord_Dark wrote:hi have a little Problem to.

The Hack is working, but i have an Error-Message in the Footer from the index.php.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_seo.php on line 269: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /cache/tpl_acidtechgreen_forumlist_body.html.php:8)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_seo.php on line 270: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /cache/tpl_acidtechgreen_forumlist_body.html.php:8)
What can i do the eleminate this??

Gretz Lord_Dark

EDIT: The Problem is finished. I have the index.html Deleated.
how do u fix this problem pls? i have same problem.... what index.html have u deleted?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”