SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
php2bx

Re: SEO MOD

Post by php2bx »

thnx Now this Mod is supported in ARABIC in phpBB Union

Topic Link:http://www.phpbbu.com/community
Last edited by php2bx on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexisfr

Post by alexisfr »

Hi there,

I am having a different pagination issue from the one already fixed in this thread. The latest page number in view_topic does not point to the last page of the thread. It actually points to the next page relatively to the highest page number displayed .

Ex. if the following links are displayed: Page 9 of 28 • 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28
clicking on 28 would point me to the page 13.

Anyone with the same issue?
braianz

Post by braianz »

in viewtopic i got bugs

"Print Topic" get this link : -t170.html-st=0&sk=t&sd=a&view=print
"Next topic" get this link : -t170.html-view=next
"Previuos Topic" get this link : -t170.html-view=previous

solution?
ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

I posted in this topic before about this issue but haven't heard back, but thought I would try one more time before I remove it, as I really, really want to make this mod work for us! ;)

First and most importantly, when a post gets long enough to carry over to more than one page, the links to page two do not work, it goes to a page that does not exist (404), see example below - url is munged, pls change to http://

Page One of the Post Goes to:
hxxp://www.scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/scrapchat/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=904&p=3432#p3432

but then, Page Two Goes to:
hxxp://www.scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/scrapchat/-t904s35.html

Next, a similar error occurs when you click on the 'jump link' for the "page 1 of 2".

Finally, is there a way to adjust the refresh rate so that it is only refreshing the index page? And, is it possible to add in a Meta Description? The problem here is that a lot of times when browsing the forum we'll open up topics in a new tab or new window (right click and open, to view later). Then the refresh cycle comes along and refreshes all the pages and all of these "temporary bookmarked pages" revert to the main index page. This has also refreshed while in the midst of posting and caused us to lose our text as we were typing a post. The description, we'd like to put our own description in rather than having Google or whichever engine pull their own from the topics.

Thanks!
JinYoshi

Post by JinYoshi »

@ScrapbookSupplies
You are the same with other..
Just read posts in this thread.
Recomended read from: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4222945
sorry, no signature for this month...
ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

JinYoshi wrote:@ScrapbookSupplies
You are the same with other..
Just read posts in this thread.
Recomended read from: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4222945
This is where I have been having a huge problem. There are so many fixes on this mod that I am lost in it. Plus making the matters worse, I didn't put this mod in, and I cannot open the efw file to save my life- I'd like to see it for myself and determine if it's a fixable thing or if it needs to be removed. I understand that efw has to be converted to zip, which I have done but from there I have a short list of files that I can do nothing with - can't get the xml to open in Internet Explorer.

PHEW! My apologies, I am venting, the frustration is making me crazy! This is where I am at right now:

I employed ALL of the fixes that you pointed me to, and it seems that it really fixed the problems, but at the same time, created a new problem for me.

On the main index.php you can see some posts have more than one page, so there are little icons showing 1, 2, etc. On the index.php you can now click any of these pages and the page will work! Once you're in the post itself, (say you click on page 2 - we don't have any three pager's yet) you cannot get to page 1 by clicking on the little icon.

Our original 404 error is now happening on page 1 - ONLY when the person is in the post and clicks on the link. From the main index.php the little icon works - you can go to whichever page you want. And the error with the 'Jump to Page' is still present. :cry:
Hope this makes sense. ;)
JinYoshi

Post by JinYoshi »

@ScrapbookSupplies,
well.. i do not understand what do you mean...
1st click the small icon in the main forum right?
then go to page 2 right?

in my board is everythink fine..
you can try it on my board:
http://www.superwebindo.com/forum
sorry, no signature for this month...
downloadthenet

Post by downloadthenet »

Well, I have this mod working well except I get these errors after logging in. It only happens right after logging in and I think it's preventing the search bots from accessing my forum. I'm getting this message from Google: "We can't currently access your home page because of an unknown problem."

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_seo.php on line 269: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /cache/tpl_Iconic_Green_overall_header.html.php:3)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_seo.php on line 270: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /cache/tpl_Iconic_Green_overall_header.html.php:3)

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong here please?
ever-fresh

Post by ever-fresh »

in 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 , Both , Viewtopic.php
Find:

Code: Select all

trigger_error('NO_TOPIC');
}
Add after:

$topic_title = $topic_data['topic_title'];
$forum_name = $topic_data['forum_name'];
The Find Line is 8 Times.
do i need add Add After Lines after each Find code ?

thanks.
andy764383

Post by andy764383 »

Has anyone come up with a fix for the copyright displaying on 2 lines?

[
SEO MOD © 2007 StarTrekGuide ]

Thanks
goldenfaith

Post by goldenfaith »

ever-fresh wrote:in 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 , Both , Viewtopic.php
Find:

trigger_error('NO_TOPIC');
}
Add after:

$topic_title = $topic_data['topic_title'];
$forum_name = $topic_data['forum_name'];
The Find Line is 8 Times.
do i need add Add After Lines after each Find code ?

thanks.
i got the same problem..

by the way

Find
$message .= '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['RETURN_FORUM'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", 'f=' . $forum_id) . '">', '</a>');

Replace With
$meta_info = format_url($post_data['topic_title'], "p$next_post_id");
it seems wrong..
darkimus

Post by darkimus »

great mod. got it installed and everything seems to be running correctly, however i am trying to run it in conjunction with the Advanced Meta Tags SEO Mod located here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=543889

Now, there's one question I have running these in unison.

For this mod it states the following code:

in viewtopic.php
find: page_header($user->lang['VIEW_TOPIC'] .' - ' . $topic_data['topic_title']);
replace with: page_header($topic_data['topic_title']);
then in the Advanced Meta Tags SEO MOD you have:

in viewtopic.php
find: page_header($user->lang['VIEW_TOPIC'] .' - ' . $topic_data['topic_title']);
replace with: page_header($user->lang['VIEW_TOPIC'] .' - ' . $topic_data['topic_title'], true, $first_post_text); // true, post_text added by Meta Keywords MOD 1.0
so then what's the fix for them both to work together since you have 2 varying statements? any help?
mzzmdk

Post by mzzmdk »

I have been following this thread and mod for a while now - but I still don't feel convinced that this mod is fully working? A lot of the comments is about errors and problems..

Will it be possible to implement this mod on a board with a different style than subSilver2/Prosilver?

Thanks for this important mod.
-mzzmdk
mzzmdk

Post by mzzmdk »

If have tried twice now - being bery careful and thorough - and all I end up with is an internal 500 error.. :(
Very, very frustrating..

Anybody got any suggestions?
ever-fresh

Post by ever-fresh »

MazzMDK <
which version of phpBB3 you have ?
this MOD is 100% working with No Errors.
may b you are wrong some where.
try this on you local server 1st. and than try on your Board.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”