SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
tommekemc

Re: SEO MOD

Post by tommekemc »

well, thanx, but I already fixed it in another way :)
I can't let every user that installs my mod install the extra mod on the SEO mod.
my sig
my projects

images deleted because of the 6kb (wtf?) rule...
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Has anyone ever figured out a way to not have the SID in the URL? Besides being a security risk, it's also not very good for SEO :(

I thought I had maybe installed the MOD wrongly, but I just installed it on another forum, and the SID shows up in the URL on that forum as well.
tommekemc

Post by tommekemc »

it's not in every URL.
it should just be in your admin url's :)
don't have that issue on my forum.
my sig
my projects

images deleted because of the 6kb (wtf?) rule...
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

If it's admin URLs, that's a HUGE security risk!
zvythor

Post by zvythor »

DeividasR wrote:Hi,

I read almost all post, but.. I can't find any solution for my problem.So, my problem is that: when I viewing topic with many post and try to get to other page:
forum_problem.jpg
I have blank page with Not found.

Anybody have idea to solve this problem?

Deividas
About the problem like this (- The pagination bug (direct link to subsites of threads, where the extension ist .php but have to be .html).)

You can find the slove here
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p3903285

thank you flipper242
DeividasR

Post by DeividasR »

zvythor wrote:
DeividasR wrote:Hi,

I read almost all post, but.. I can't find any solution for my problem.So, my problem is that: when I viewing topic with many post and try to get to other page:
forum_problem.jpg
I have blank page with Not found.

Anybody have idea to solve this problem?

Deividas
About the problem like this (- The pagination bug (direct link to subsites of threads, where the extension ist .php but have to be .html).)

You can find the slove here
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p3903285

thank you flipper242
Nope, it not helps :\
kotic

Post by kotic »

:( Almost 4 hours trying to clean all bugs and still this "MOD wanna be" is giving me problems... too many issues, too many bugs, too many security problems... sorry pal but I have to say this mod is just not good :cry:
Enjoy life as much as you can
nadalbg

Post by nadalbg »

Hello, can someone say with what other mods SEO mod is not working.
It will save a lot of time finding this info.

Thanks
cyba

Post by cyba »

Issues with 3.0.3...
I Discovered a couple of issues and made these fixes.

Don't fully understand why it decides to add an extra '-' at the end of pageheader link, but hey, heres how to get rid of it.
Open includes/functions_seo.php

Find:

Code: Select all

return $url . (($append_url) ? $url_delim . $append_url . $amp_delim : $url_delim) . $params . ((!$session_id) ? '' : $amp_delim . 'sid=' . $session_id);
Replace With:

return trim($url . (($append_url) ? $url_delim . $append_url . $amp_delim : $url_delim) . $params . ((!$session_id) ? '' : $amp_delim . 'sid=' . $session_id), '-');
A hash has been added (for security) when marking topics read, here is a fix for the "mark topics read bug":

Open viewforum.php:

Find:

'U_MARK_TOPICS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? format_url($forum_name, "f$forum_id", 0, 'mark=topics') : '',
Replace With:

'U_MARK_TOPICS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? format_url($forum_name, "f$forum_id", 0, 'mark=topics&hash=' . generate_link_hash('global')) : '',
Problem solved!
The official developers of the mod may not be happy with these fixes, so please check back to see what they say.
Linxus

Post by Linxus »

How do i know if this mod worked? I did all the file edits and everything and it worked fine with no erros, but ist here a way to tell? Btw what exaclty does this mod do? lmao, i know i installed, but i didnt really get what it does. Btw it took more like 45 minutes thatn 15 with all those file edits. ;)

edit: btw cyba, i tried to find the stuff but came up empty on both documents.
MarcSto

Post by MarcSto »

whats the best seo mod guys?

I made a topic on that here; http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1334235
Linxus

Post by Linxus »

Idk really know dude, idrc tbh, i think this one here is fine.
How long will it take for my site to improve in search engines, my site is isogaming.net and when i type iso ikn google, it doesnt even show up in first 3 pages. Btw i installed yesterday.
Linxus

Post by Linxus »

Ok i just found out that im having redirection erros. Whenever my site redirects you after voting in a poll, it says a 404 not found error. Here is the redirection link. The requested URL /the-new-cb-poll-t401.html- was not found on this server. Whenver i take out the -, at the end, it works fine. Im lost can someone help me fix this?
peekforums.com

Post by peekforums.com »

where are the instructions for this mod? I have never modded anything so please bare with me!
FreakyBlue
Name: David Jansen

Post by FreakyBlue »

To make the 'mark all forums read' function properly at your forum index, you should make these code changes. At least, it worked fine for me :D

Open index.php
Find

'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx", 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . '&f=' . $root_data['forum_id'] . '&mark=forums') : '',
Replace with

'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}", 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . '&mark=forums') : '',
My music and tutorials -> https://youtube.com/gh0stwrit3rMusic/
Former phpBB Style and Mod Author -> https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/auth ... tributions

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”