SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
raul2010

Re: SEO MOD

Post by raul2010 »

charley wrote:You should also reconsider having your copyright notice show in the footer like that. I'm sure you could imagine how the board's would look if every mod author decided to place a copyright credit in the footer.
I kind of agree, I also appreciate the hard work but I'm not sure about the link. I mean, a copyright notice is fine, but imagine how our forums would look like if every mod author puts a link in out footer.

Anyway, I understand if we're not cool with the footer notice we can just not use the mod. I'm not demanding you to change it really. Just asking you to think about it again :)
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

raul2010 wrote:
charley wrote:You should also reconsider having your copyright notice show in the footer like that. I'm sure you could imagine how the board's would look if every mod author decided to place a copyright credit in the footer.
I kind of agree, I also appreciate the hard work but I'm not sure about the link. I mean, a copyright notice is fine, but imagine how our forums would look like if every mod author puts a link in out footer.

Anyway, I understand if we're not cool with the footer notice we can just not use the mod. I'm not demanding you to change it really. Just asking you to think about it again :)
All the SEO MOD's for phpBB3 have Links in the footer.
If you don't want the link there, don't use it :)

There are several of my MODs that don't have a copyright because it wouldn't be appropriate to have one (i.e. Cash MOD, AJAX Quick Reply) as that would clutter up a forum.

A small update: I am now at my new home… arrived Tuesday night, so I'll be continuing work on the next update in early February.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
JinYoshi

Post by JinYoshi »

I have test it, but i have error on this...
1. in search result, some back link to another forum/category not work
2. in view post, some back link to another forum/category not work
like: /forum/-f2.html
it should be: /forum/name-of-forum-f2.html

Any fixed SEO for phpbb3.0.0 ?
Thank you.

EDITED: fixed, see below post. Many thanks Handyman :mrgreen:
Last edited by JinYoshi on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sorry, no signature for this month...
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

This mod looks perfect for what I wanted! However, I'm having trouble with some of the installation :(

Basically, the first step:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('seo_ext', 'html', 0);
I am on GoDaddy which uses phpmyadmin. my tables are prefixed with phpbb3_ -- pardon me for I am not very experienced with the SQL database...but I get by (except apparently in this case :oops: )

so, I pasted in the above code (only with proper prefix [instead of phpbb_config I put phpbb3_config]) into the "SQL" tab where you can "Run SQL query/queries on database"

when I hit 'go', I get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpbb3_config( config_name, config_value, is_dynamic )
VALUES (
'seo_ext', 'html', 0
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry 'seo_ext' for key 1 
Again, since I am not a pro I have no idea what the duplicate entry means -- so any explanation on how to delete the entry would be excellent , and please let me know if I'm doing this right!

If anyone can help, I thank you very much in advance!
http://tucsondrivers.com -- Hyundai Tucson Forum & Community
JinYoshi

Post by JinYoshi »

OK, i think i fixed by my self..
Done for phpbb 3.0.0

in the file viewtopic.php:

trigger_error('NO_TOPIC');
}

Normaly for phpbb 3 RC is replaced with:

$topic_title = $topic_data['topic_title'];
$forum_name = $topic_data['forum_name'];

But in phpbb 3.0.0, we should change it to:

$topic_title = $row['topic_title'];

You must see on every:

$forum_id = $row['forum_id'];

Add After:

$forum_name = $row['forum_name'];

And on every:

$topic_id = $row['topic_id'];

Add After:

Edited: remove the <?php and ?>
Edited: please see this for fixing the pagination on the thread.
Last edited by JinYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JinYoshi

Post by JinYoshi »

tucsondrivers wrote:This mod looks perfect for what I wanted! However, I'm having trouble with some of the installation :(

Basically, the first step:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('seo_ext', 'html', 0);
I am on GoDaddy which uses phpmyadmin. my tables are prefixed with phpbb3_ -- pardon me for I am not very experienced with the SQL database...but I get by (except apparently in this case :oops: )

so, I pasted in the above code (only with proper prefix [instead of phpbb_config I put phpbb3_config]) into the "SQL" tab where you can "Run SQL query/queries on database"

when I hit 'go', I get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpbb3_config( config_name, config_value, is_dynamic )
VALUES (
'seo_ext', 'html', 0
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry 'seo_ext' for key 1 
Again, since I am not a pro I have no idea what the duplicate entry means -- so any explanation on how to delete the entry would be excellent , and please let me know if I'm doing this right!

If anyone can help, I thank you very much in advance!
in the phpmyadmin, click SQL, then put this code:

DELETE FROM `phpbb3_config` WHERE `config_name` = 'seo_ext';
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

excellent! Worked, thank you! Tomorrow I will finish installation, and hopefully won't have any more issues (though with my luck... :P )
Faraz Moin

Post by Faraz Moin »

cant find the.htaccess file in my root
can you pls tell me where to look for it
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

Faraz Moin wrote:cant find the.htaccess file in my root
can you pls tell me where to look for it
hi faraz, it should be in the root of your ftp folder -- not in the forum folder but the actual domain root itself. if it's not there, what host are you using?
charley

Post by charley »

Handyman` wrote:
raul2010 wrote:

All the SEO MOD's for phpBB3 have Links in the footer.
If you don't want the link there, don't use it :)

There are several of my MODs that don't have a copyright because it wouldn't be appropriate to have one (i.e. Cash MOD, AJAX Quick Reply) as that would clutter up a forum.

A small update: I am now at my new home… arrived Tuesday night, so I'll be continuing work on the next update in early February.
Hi Handyman.

I feel you were a little dismissive in this post. I understand that if I don't like the copyright I don't need to use the mod, however if you as a mod author insist on having a copyright then you should at least have it displaying properly.

Also, you say other mods don't have a copyright because it wouldn't be appropriate, but why is it appropriate with any mod? All mods are released under General Public License.

I have removed the copyright from my footer, and will replace it when you have sorted the broken text.
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

JinYoshi wrote:OK, i think i fixed by my self..
Done for phpbb 3.0.0

in the file viewtopic.php:

<?php
    trigger_error('NO_TOPIC');
}

Normaly for phpbb 3 RC is replaced with:

<?php
$topic_title = $topic_data['topic_title'];
$forum_name = $topic_data['forum_name'];

But in phpbb 3.0.0, we should change it to:

<?php

You must see on every:

<?php
  $forum_id = $row['forum_id'];
?>
Add After:

<?php
$forum_name = $row['forum_name'];
?>
And on every:

<?php
$topic_id = $row['topic_id'];
?>
Add After:

<?php
?>
Hi jin, thank you very much for these fixes! Question though -- do the last few changes still only apply to viewtopic.php, or is this to all the applicable files (not sure which ones contain the lines of code :oops: )
JinYoshi

Post by JinYoshi »

Hi tucsondrivers,

Yes only apply for file: viewtopic.php and the other should OK, no need to apply/change.
Let me know if you have error or something wrong happen.
Normaly in my forum is ok for phpbb v.3.0.0 not phpbb RC.
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

hi jin, thank you for your help so far! You seem to have a solid grasp on this whole coding thing :lol:

I made the changes to viewtopic.php, but after installing everything to my forum I got the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function seo_footer() in (my domain)/html/includes/functions.php on line 3496
I replaced the modified functions.php with my original back-up and I at least got the main page to work, yet when I went to view any of the topics or forums AFTER replacing functions.php with the original, I got another error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function format_url() in (my domain)/html/includes/functions_display.php on line 284
I will try re-modifying the functions.php and functions_display.php files, yet I was not sure if this was another instance of a disagreement between RC and 3.0

Also, just for curiosity sake, I went ahead and re-checked the forum after replacing each individual modified file with the back-up. I keep getting these unidentified errors, etc. etc. I'm suspecting they're like dominos and one error would bring the next, but I'm just wondering if I did something drastically wrong and should give up :lol:

Thank you!
JinYoshi

Post by JinYoshi »

hi tucsondrivers,

have you follow all the intruction from Handyman?
have you upload the folder root into your forum folder?
make sure that in the yourdomain.com/your_forum_folder/includes/functions_seo.php is there, if no then upload it.

and make sure in the file common.php you have include the:

require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_seo.' . $phpEx);

you should do everything what the instruction from Handyman.

then only for the viewtopics.php follow all instruction except what i've said before.
tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

Well, I got error after error. Apparently I had an unexpected "<" symbol in my functions.php but when I went to the line they were referring to there was nothing of the sort! :evil:

Oh well, Jin, even with your excellent advice I wasn't able to get this installed -- I will wait for Handyman to get the latest update out for 3.0 (I believe he said it was due out sometime in February?)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”