SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Locked
rwap01
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 am
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by rwap01 »

bradenkeith wrote:Ok I'm no longer getting 404 but I am getting these when click a forum:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause' [1054]

and on topics:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'braden_halowar.GALLERY_ALBUMS_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

[side note, I can not confirm or deny that this is the mod causing the problems, and from the second error message, I'm thinking its my gallery mod, someone care to confirm this?]
If you let us know what the 404 error was caused by, it may help other users.
That table is certainly not part of this mod so it looks like it is your gallery mod causing problems with the SQL database.

rwap01
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 am
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by rwap01 »

terryrw wrote:I could really use some help. I've had this mod installed for a while but have one problem.... When a user is viewing a topic and wants to use the "Email Friend" option there is an issue. The email is sent but the person that recieves the email doesn't receive the full link, only the end of the link.

example

Hello terryrw,

This e-mail was sent from "The Hunting Hole, "huntinghole.com" an online
hunting community." by huntingh who thought you may be interested in the
following topic:

Hello from Florida

You can find it at:

./hello-from-florida-t2201.html <----------------------------------- doesn't include the full link just the location of the topic...

I can't figure out how to resolve this issue.
If you have followed the instructions in my Essential Fixes post, this will resolve this issue and many others...

terryrw
Registered User
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:05 am

Re: SEO MOD

Post by terryrw »

rwap01 wrote:
terryrw wrote:I could really use some help. I've had this mod installed for a while but have one problem.... When a user is viewing a topic and wants to use the "Email Friend" option there is an issue. The email is sent but the person that recieves the email doesn't receive the full link, only the end of the link.

example

Hello terryrw,

This e-mail was sent from "The Hunting Hole, "huntinghole.com" an online
hunting community." by huntingh who thought you may be interested in the
following topic:

Hello from Florida

You can find it at:

./hello-from-florida-t2201.html <----------------------------------- doesn't include the full link just the location of the topic...

I can't figure out how to resolve this issue.
If you have followed the instructions in my Essential Fixes post, this will resolve this issue and many others...
It almost works. My only problem is the url and directory in which my forums are installed in. My forum isn't installed in a folder called phpbb3 but it is a folder called forum.

/forum/ <------- how do I replace the phpbb3 with forum directory?
http://www.huntinghole.com/forums/phpbb ... t1949.html

This is how my phpbb3 forums is actually installed.
http://www.huntinghole.com/forums/forum ... t1949.html


Not Found
The requested URL /forums/phpbb3/white-knuckle-training-weekend-t1949.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

rwap01
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 am
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by rwap01 »

[quote="terryrw]
It almost works. My only problem is the url and directory in which my forums are installed in. My forum isn't installed in a folder called phpbb3 but it is a folder called forum.

/forum/ <------- how do I replace the phpbb3 with forum directory?
http://www.huntinghole.com/forums/phpbb ... t1949.html

This is how my phpbb3 forums is actually installed.
http://www.huntinghole.com/forums/forum ... t1949.html


Not Found
The requested URL /forums/phpbb3/white-knuckle-training-weekend-t1949.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/quote]

Alas, you have made an error somewhere in the implementation of either the original MOD or the essential fixes (presuming you have done them all) - anyone else got some pointers?? Have a look at the Server Settings in ACP control panel (under the General tab) - my guess is the path in there is incorrect!

User avatar
c4gamerz
Registered User
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by c4gamerz »

i just got a problem with phpbb 3.0.2 when i click on bump topic it shows return message to topic or forum but link is broken and when i click on return to the post or return to forum it gives file not found error so anyway to fix it?

edit: it may be because of outdated style?
Web Designing | Script Integration | Logo Designing | Web Development | ExtensiveWeb.com

rwap01
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 am
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by rwap01 »

c4gamerz wrote:i just got a problem with phpbb 3.0.2 when i click on bump topic it shows return message to topic or forum but link is broken and when i click on return to the post or return to forum it gives file not found error so anyway to fix it?

edit: it may be because of outdated style?
I have not yet implemented 3.0.2 due to time, therefore will wait and see and how others get on with it.

User avatar
c4gamerz
Registered User
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by c4gamerz »

I installed it and its working fine without any errors on my heavily modded board :) now i am waiting for style author to update his styles.

Well i have a problem in applying a fix

Correct the javascript pop up when you click on Page 1 of 4 to enable you to jump directly to a page number:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5784105

its for prosilver.. is there any fix for subsilver version too :?
Web Designing | Script Integration | Logo Designing | Web Development | ExtensiveWeb.com

idontwantausername
Registered User
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:25 pm

Re: SEO MOD

Post by idontwantausername »

hihi, i have an error with viewing and voting in polls, i get this error when voting:

Code: Select all

Not Found

The requested URL /-t57.html-st=0&sk=t&sd=a was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request
.
and when trying to view the poll results i get this:

Code: Select all

Not Found

The requested URL /-t57.html-st=0&sk=t&sd=a&view=viewpoll was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


and another one i found, at the bottom of the viewtopic page, you have the "go back to <forum>" link.

Image

i get this error:

Code: Select all

Not Found

The requested URL /-f4.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
i know the problem with that one, it's the the it says -f4, instead of guest-room-f4, but i don't know how to fix.

-Jon

User avatar
KaineP
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by KaineP »

Hi,

Although there are lots of fixes within this thread, I have always had a problem with 'View the latest post' link from within the search.php page (this applies mainly to 'view new posts') so today I decided to fix it once and for all (btw I have spent 6 hours reading and trying everything in this thread)

Basically if the topic has multiple pages, pressing the 'View the latest post' icon just takes to the first page.

Reason: The link/code is not changed in the search.php file to reflect the php to html changes.

(Note: the changes proposed by JinYoshi on page 9 did not fix this issue for me)

Solution for me (please test this first before going live with it - thanks)

Open search.php

find: (on line 896 for me)
'U_VIEW_FORUM' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", 'f=' . $forum_id),
'U_VIEW_POST' => (!empty($row['post_id'])) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewtopic.$phpEx", "f=$forum_id&t=" . $row['topic_id'] . '&p=' . $row['post_id'] . (($u_hilit) ? '&hilit=' . $u_hilit : '')) . '#p' . $row['post_id'] : '')
replace with:
'U_VIEW_FORUM' => format_url($forum_name, "f$forum_id"),
'U_VIEW_POST' => format_url($topic_title, "t$result_topic_id")
then find (on line 767 for me):
$view_topic_url = append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewtopic.$phpEx", "f=$u_forum_id&t=$result_topic_id" . (($u_hilit) ? "&hilit=$u_hilit" : ''));
replace with:
$view_topic_url = format_url($row['topic_title'], "t$topic_id", $start, "f=$u_forum_id&t=$result_topic_id" . (($u_hilit) ? "&hilit=$u_hilit" : ''));
this basically corrects the link from a php to a html link within the search.php page.

Hope that helps someone

Cheers

Kaine

nickCR
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Costa Rica

Re: SEO MOD

Post by nickCR »

Great mod!

I have installed it an it works very well.

I wonder if it's possible for the category / sub-category to be directories instead of html files and keep the directory structure when viewing the topics exampe ( /cateogry-3/subcat-12/my-new-topic-for-today-123.html

If SEOMOD can't do this is there another mod that can?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

r4dsking
Registered User
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by r4dsking »

rwap01 wrote:
r4dsking wrote:
I have anther problem, under View new posts the pages 1,2,3,4,5 always go back to the first page so if you want to get to the last page 5 it goes to the first page instead of what you clicked "5" this only happens under View new posts
I cannot get this to happen on my forum - http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/ZX80_ZX81/forums

It looks as though you have not implemented something correctly.
When you navigate to a forum using View New Posts, it should use the old scheme (not SEO MOD html references), as it is generated from search.php.

See if you can get it to happen on my forum, then I may be able to work out where you are going wrong. Otherwise a link to your forum would help!
yours works correctly, here is mine

http://www.r4ds-forums.com/search.php?s ... =egosearch

if you click on any of the numbers it will go back to the first page.

ibelphegor
Registered User
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:37 am

Re: SEO MOD

Post by ibelphegor »

There is a possible that someone Upload new version with all fix?

Mr_HaZaRd
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:06 pm

Re: SEO MOD

Post by Mr_HaZaRd »

If this post has no support from his author shoudnt it go back to mods in development?

kebabas
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 pm

Re: SEO MOD

Post by kebabas »

Hi,
I applied this seo mod on my forum, but i need some help.
Now link is:
http://www.spozone.eu/lietuvos-rinktin% ... e56d85446d

I need, that the link will be
http://www.spozone.eu/lietuvos-rinktines.html
or
http://www.spozone.eu/lietuva/lietuvos-rinktines.html ("lietuva is subforum")

In addition, i need that letter "ė" will be replaced with letter "e".


How can i do that?

Thanks

rwap01
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 am
Contact:

Re: SEO MOD

Post by rwap01 »

idontwantausername wrote:hihi, i have an error with viewing and voting in polls, i get this error when voting:

Code: Select all

Not Found

The requested URL /-t57.html-st=0&sk=t&sd=a was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request
.
and when trying to view the poll results i get this:

Code: Select all

Not Found

The requested URL /-t57.html-st=0&sk=t&sd=a&view=viewpoll was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


and another one i found, at the bottom of the viewtopic page, you have the "go back to <forum>" link.

Image

i get this error:

Code: Select all

Not Found

The requested URL /-f4.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
i know the problem with that one, it's the the it says -f4, instead of guest-room-f4, but i don't know how to fix.

-Jon
Poll problem - have a read of http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4222945

As for the other error on return to forum at the bottom of viewtopic.php - not sure if this will also fix this.
Let me know if this resolves the issues and I will add them to my essential fixes - I do not remember having to implement them on my forums, but maybe I forgot!!

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”