SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
rc531

Re: SEO MOD

Post by rc531 »

It does not work properly with non-Latin languages. E.g. with Russian URLs look a bit funny. Not SEO friendly. Any ideas about converting non-Latin characters into Latin?

(There are always bugs with UTF in that language)

rc531

Post by rc531 »

Just checked via Russian search engine testing tool. No way, URL error. Any ideas? Must be an easy solution :-)

rc531

Post by rc531 »

Seriously guys, I am desperately looking for info how to get a result for a different char-set which will only inject the possible ASCII chars.

Kevalas

Post by Kevalas »

Everything works fine exept when topic reaches more than 1pages (2 or more) when i click on the number of the page it won't open it, it gives error that it not found. Also when i delete topic and want to go back to it gives the same error. How can i fix it?

rc531

Post by rc531 »

Funny, I have the same, just checked. By the way, it works okay when ckicking a page link from inside of a topic, but fails when doing so from main menue forum page - not showing HTML (but PHP).

shadav

Post by shadav »

this mod seems to be working just fine on 3.0.4
however i'm not sure if it's code changes or other mods I did...I noticed a few differences in what I was searching for and what I had...but using the replace in the install it all still seemingly works fine..

for example
functions_display
you had find

Code: Select all

'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", 'f=' . $root_data['forum_id'] . '&mark=forums') : '',
i had

'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . '&f=' . $root_data['forum_id'] . '&mark=forums') : '',
however I followed your instructions with the replace and as I said it all seems to be working just fine so not sure if I'm screwing something up that was added in for 3.0.4 or if it was another modification i did, though all other mods seem to be working also so i'm lead to believe this was code changes in 3.0.4

if you'd like the list of differences I found, lemme know
files affected where: functions_display, viewforum and veiwtopic

diouxsie

Post by diouxsie »

Does this MOD work on V3.0.4?

rc531

Post by rc531 »

It does not. These broken links to topic pages make the entire mod not finished.

dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

I somehow managed to get it to work, for the most part (thanks to the person that compiled all the bug fixes in one post) but was wondering if anybody knows how to solve the topic title such as this:

^=^

or

^-^

that one triggers the error message and i guess functions_seo.php: needs an edit somewhere here:

function clean_url($url)
    {
       $url = trim(str_replace(array('Re:', 're:'), '', $url));
       //$find = array('?', '#', '%', '?', '^', '.', '/', ' ', '_', ')', '(', '[', ']', ':', '.');
       $find = array(' ', '@', '=', '$', '&amp', '&quot', '+', '~', '`', '?', '#', '%', '!', '^', '.', '/', '_', ')', '(', '[', ']', '{', '}', ':', ',', '<', '>', ';', '|', '*', '"', '\'', '\\');
       $url = str_replace($find, '-', censor_text($url));
       // remove all duplicates "-"
       $url = ereg_replace("-+", '-', $url);
       // remove the last "-", to avoid this "/test--t14.html"
       if ($url{strlen($url)-1} == '-')
       {
          $url = substr($url, 0, -1);
       }
       return utf8_clean_string($url);
    }
but unsure what exactly... any ideas? thanks support team:)

dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

Kevalas wrote:Everything works fine exept when topic reaches more than 1pages (2 or more) when i click on the number of the page it won't open it, it gives error that it not found. Also when i delete topic and want to go back to it gives the same error. How can i fix it?
all fixes are here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5716395

should help with the problems you are reporting.

i wonder if rwap01 is anywhere to be found lol he seemed to have nailed all the fixes for this mod and i'm still struggling with my ^-^ and ^_^ and whatnots topic titles..

where oh where are you smart people:))

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

So does this mean that once I have installed the MOD, I will have to go through every one of these issues and fix them manually? :?

dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

um, yes. lol i know.. but, it's not imposs. and i think it's a great mod. well, a mod with great fixes:))

also, you could fix that link in your sig;))

LondonGeezer

Post by LondonGeezer »

I've just gone through all the mod bug fixes on page 34-35 for this mod and I've left with loads of errors.

The errors are as follows:

1. Viewing a topic which has rolled over to page 2, click on page 2 and it doesn't hyperlink correctly (showing 404 error).

Rather than going to: http://www.uk.sinspeed.co.uk/forum/new- ... 39s10.html
It prefers to go to: http://www.uk.sinspeed.co.uk/forum/-t39s10.html

2. Viewing a topic and all the buttons at the top don't work, same 404 error, same hyperlinking error:

Bookmark topic | Print view

These are all the links effect!

3. I found a way to view page 2 of a topic, when outside the topic.. don't enter on the usual topic link, click on page 2 to be taken directly inside the topic to the second page.. but then if you click the topic title link at the top - it gives the 404 error rather than taking you back to page 1. - hope I explained this correctly.

4. After posting a reply to a topic, rather than taking me back to the last reply on that topic.. it takes me back to the forum homepage.

My Forum URL: http://www.uk.sinspeed.co.uk/forum/

That's the only 4 errors I can see.. Apart from that it works brilliantly!

Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

"apart from that", lol...
Like it is nothing...

Remove this mod from stable release, plz.

LondonGeezer

Post by LondonGeezer »

Is this mod in the stable release? - I didn't even realise.

The bug fixes should have just been applied to the download rather than separate links in the forum.

But any help with this is much appreciated.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”