SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
poke6uy

Re: SEO MOD

Post by poke6uy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:40 am

thank you xrickd. it fixed the issue. :P

rosdi

Post by rosdi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Mr Handyman need to update the download file for RC4 version in the first page. I just uninstalled the mod as I encountered errors eventhough some of the errors can be solved. Will mod again for RC4 tomorrow. Hopefully below errors can be solved:

1. Address link in the topic email reply notification
2. "Mark forums read" in frontpage link: http://www.bettasocietymalaysia.com.my/ ... ark=forums

Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Mudjosh wrote:Some major issues..

First, some details:
The way I have my forum in my database is this:
Root/_____
With the "____" being my forum's directories and scripts.

Now, here's my issues:
1. when I first installed this mod, I tried to go to my site test.com/index.php but I was rerouted to test.com which showed up blank..

I saw some people having issues with the mod rerouting the index to their portal so I tried their fix.. Seemed to work.. Now when I am in the ACP and click return to index, I get a 404 error.. (Because I renamed the index.php to forum.php)

2. When I go to a forum within the site, I get rerouted back to my newly named forum.php and it doesn't seem to be using the .css anymore.. So in otherwords, it seems broke..

I will be uninstalling this mod sadly. Could anyone help me for a future attempt?
No help at all?

I uninstalled it backwards and it allowed me to access the index.php when I uninstalled includes/functions.php
---

I have installed this mod successful previously on a test board that was using a subdomain.

epatrickt

Post by epatrickt » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi - just munching through the installation. I'm using 3.0.4 and not 3.0.0 which I think was the release that SEO MOD was tested against? Anyway, a couple of code fragments don't match, and I wondered whether I should your replacement or do I need to modify it?

viewforum.php:

Find:

Code: Select all

'U_VIEW_FORUM' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", "f=$forum_id&$u_sort_param&start=$start"),
'U_MARK_TOPICS' => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", "f=$forum_id&mark=topics") : '',
Replace with:

'U_VIEW_FORUM' => format_url($forum_name, "f$forum_id", $start, $u_sort_param),
'U_MARK_TOPICS' => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? format_url($forum_name, "f$forum_id", 0, 'mark=topics') : '',
the lines I think the match should be with is:

'U_VIEW_FORUM' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", "f=$forum_id" . ((strlen($u_sort_param)) ? "&$u_sort_param" : '') . "&start=$start"),
'U_MARK_TOPICS' => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . "&f=$forum_id&mark=topics") : '',
also, there is a
FIND:

'S_FORUM_ACTION' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", "f=$forum_id&start=$start"),
and add not replace with:

'S_FORUM_ACTION' => format_url($forum_name, "f$forum_id", $start),
Thanks!

Beginer

Post by Beginer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Installed this MOD to phpbb 3.0.4. It seems works fine, but I noticed few problems.
When you open thread you see topic title. In this case it's "SEO MOD". Link to this topic is /viewtopic.php?f=69&t=691165&start=0
Same with Forums. In this case forum title "[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases" . Link /viewforum.php?f=69&start=0

But with SEO MOD link is /seo-mod.html- and Forum link is /mod-database-releases.html-. As you see there is - (minus) at the end. And because of this, when I click that link I get 404 error... If I delete that -(minus) manually page opens. So this is bug or I made something wrong ?

Thanks.

columbusgeek

Post by columbusgeek » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:48 am

15 mts to install? 15 minutes? Ok, thats a tad off. I timed it at 47 minutes and that was with no distractions and copy and pasting fast enough not to be reckless.

Anyhow, I have a erro after all of that, go figure. PhpBB3.0.4

When viewing a post I get this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/my_big_gay_non_functioning_website/public_html/viewtopic.php on line 1708
I have gone over the viewtopic .php a few times but at this point I must be crosseyed.

Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:39 pm

You might could try Notepad ++ to direct you to the exact line that is causing the issue. Notepad++ has all the lines numbered so it should be an easy find.

I haven't gotten a response for my issue that I posted almost a week ago.. So your best bet is to try to research it yourself.

If you want to, PM me the viewtopic.php script to me.. I can look at it if you are still tired of looking at it..

columbusgeek

Post by columbusgeek » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm comfortable with editing large quantities of text. I use TextMate for mac so location and editing is far from my issue.

The funny part is the error is pointing to the closing php. ?>

I will just have to do a backup of the file and re-do all the edits one by one in this file and test after each edit.

I work with Joomla and vBulletin, and I was just angry and upset at how a lot of things need to be hacked into phpBB that are seemingly common features. It's just annoying to be up at 2 am tying to get SEO to work for 2 hours when it's a part of most cores's nowadays.

Thanks for your offer MudJosh, but it's my fight. I'll not let this thing beat me.

jsingh

Post by jsingh » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 am

Any update on forwarding previous dynamic links to new static links, otherwise there is a big risk of being punished for duplicate content :!:

ALIENbRAIN
I've Been Banned!

Post by ALIENbRAIN » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:22 pm

i HAVE a pronblem i am using my old data base now my htcess is poiting toward my old domain and the rewrite is not working.

cornnfedd

Post by cornnfedd » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:33 am

wow! i always try and quickly read through all the discussion on a particular mod before i install it, seems that this mod is full of errors that have not been fixed...

is this correct?

is the author still supporting this mod?

i do not want to install a mod where i have to do 20 fixes by looking through the discussion and trying to work it out.

can i just say - if this mod does have this many errors it should not have been released!!! (my 2 cents)

please let me know, cheers.
Mazda Rotary Videos Online Free braptv.com

cally6008

Post by cally6008 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 am

I do believe I sent the ModAuthor a PM asking him what he was doing with this Mod but have had no reply

hardy27

Post by hardy27 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Everybody,

I having trouble with Google after installing this MOD.
Google indexing no Topics, i found some Errormessages in Google Webmaster Tools:

I don't know why, but Google search for URLs with ".php"

F.e.:

http://www.forum.com/forum/ein-paar-bilder--t204s0.php 404 (Nicht gefunden) 08.02.2009

If i correct the URL manually in the Browser (http://www.forum.com/forum/ein-paar-bilder--t204s0.html)
it work's perfekt. Don't know how Google gets .php from?

Can anybody help me? (Sorry for bad english, its not my native language)

Edit: I fixed all from this Thread:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5716395
But nothing helps.

PHPBB Version: 3.0.2

Greetings

hardy

haywarc

Post by haywarc » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Great Mod. Thanks for your effort. :D

EnjoyNIRVANA!