Max Email Recipients

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Luminosity
Name: Howard Page

Re: Max Email Recipients

Post by Luminosity »

How would you remove the SQL changes?

Would
DELETE FROM phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('max_email_recipients', '50', '0'); work?

Thanks
Luminostiy
Man's proper stature is not one of mediocrity, failure, frustration, or defeat, but one of achievement, strength, and nobility. In short, man can and ought to be a hero. - Mike Menzter
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello,
has the feature of this MOD been included into phpBB3 core code last time?

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
bump.

Is this MOD still needed for phpBB 3.0.5?

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

david63 wrote: As for how many per hour I do not think that this is catered for at all - and would need a major rewrite of the email function. Unfortunately this is one of the problems with a hosted forum, the only way around it is to have your own server.
so what are the benefit to install this mod? my host allows only 400 email per hour... can i change the limit with this mod?
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello Neuropass,
I think the features have benn included into phpBB 3.0.5. See my last post above. But I'm not absolutely sure about it.

In phpBB 3.0.5 there is the (new) setting E-mail package size under E-mail settings. But this seems not to solve your problem.

Bye Martin
My MODs
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

ok thanks for your reply... but in the end we are not sure if this mod is ok no phpbb 3.05 and if they added that option ...

Since this mod is in the mod database , phpbb community should give support , at least for this basic questions.
tzar

Post by tzar »

I have the same problem, my host allow to send 350 mail per hour. For now no solution. :(
drankur

Post by drankur »

is it working for phpbb3.05 and phpbb3.06 ??
it is a very useful mod, i want to get work it on these 2 versions
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
sorry, there have been some misunderstandings at least on my side.

This MOD still is needed for phpBB 3.0.6 together with some providers restrictions.

The E-mail package size sets the number of e-mails sent by one e-mail sending session.

Maximum allowed email recipients sets the number of recipients for one of these e-mails. Without this MOD phpBB3 builds mass e-mails with one TO recipient and 49 BCC recipients. With this MOD you can change this behaviour. This has not been added in phpBB 3.0.5 or 3.0.6!

IMO a time period for the E-mail package size would make these options perfect. Some providers (e.g. bluehost.com) allow only 50 emails per hour. bluehost.com may increase this value, but perhaps other providers don't. I think this could be done with cron.php.

Bye Martin
My MODs
Jim236

Post by Jim236 »

Could someone confirm something for me. If I leave the default package size set to 50 in the e-mail settings, does this mean that only the first 50 members will receive the mass e-mail? Or will it send the e-mail to all members in increments of 50?
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello Jim,
not, it means 50 e-mails per session/batch.

Set the value to 50 and 100 e-mails to send => 2 sessions/batches with 50 e-mails.

Bye Martin
My MODs
drankur

Post by drankur »

can you tell me how to make it max email recipients per hour

i am because of following:

1. i can send 200 mail recipients in one go
2. i have limit of 1000 mails in one hour

now with ur mod (which is very useful) i can send mail to 1000 members with 5 sessions ( 200 per mail)

but now my forum has > 4000 members , so now i can't send them to all even when i set it to 200 max recipients.

so i want a mod of ur with one modifications to define max mails per hour, so that when i set max mail recipients to 200 and max mail per hour to 1000 , it will send mails to ALL my 4000 members in 4 hour :)

desperately hoping for a positive reply :)
faqbch99

Post by faqbch99 »

drankur wrote:can you tell me how to make it max email recipients per hour

i am because of following:

1. i can send 200 mail recipients in one go
2. i have limit of 1000 mails in one hour

now with ur mod (which is very useful) i can send mail to 1000 members with 5 sessions ( 200 per mail)

but now my forum has > 4000 members , so now i can't send them to all even when i set it to 200 max recipients.

so i want a mod of ur with one modifications to define max mails per hour, so that when i set max mail recipients to 200 and max mail per hour to 1000 , it will send mails to ALL my 4000 members in 4 hour :)

desperately hoping for a positive reply :)
We all are, we all are!!
lanesharon

Post by lanesharon »

I am also hoping for an answer to this question.

On the standard 3.0.6 Email Settings, I can set a 'package' size. But, what is a 'package'. Is it the number of emails sent in an hour, a day, a second, a minute, or an unknown time period?

I can understand that this mod sets the number of email BCC recipients for each email sent out. That is helpful when dealing with email companies such as hotmail. They only allow 250 emails to be sent in one hour. I have about 150 hotmail users. So, if I am doing a mass mailing, and at the same time some emails are going out from my board automatically (notifications), then I need this mod to set the amount of email BCC's to be sent out to less than that 250.

I think the questions that people have is does this mod 'bundle' the emails and send out multiple emails. In other words. If I have 1200 members on my board and I want to send out an email to each one without hitting that hotmail 250 limit, do I set the number on this to say 150, to be safe? And, if I do that, no more than 150 BCC's will be sent out at a time? And, will the mod then send out 8 of these email 'bundles' (1200 members, divided by maximum of 150 BCC's per email sent = 8)?

I hope I explained the questions a little better.
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
when SMTP servers (mail servers) are talking it's a little like this:

The sending SMTP calls the recieving SMTP.
The recieving SMTP server says "Hello, my name is helo. Nice to meet you. I'm ready to get emails."
Then the sending SMTP server is sending the emails. <=> And here the max package size is doing it's job!
Then both SMTP servers are saying "Bye" to quit the session.

To send more emails than the max package size allows it then a new session or batch is needed.

Bye Martin
My MODs

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”