FAQ Manager

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mrsnicolaray

Re: FAQ Manager

Post by mrsnicolaray » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:12 pm

No, I haven't. I followed the install guide which only mentioned copying the files across. There were no instructions for changing the permissions. How would I do that, or where are the instructions?

Actually, I've just worked out how to do this through Bluehost, so all the permission for the files for the MOD are now 777. I've refreshed all the templates and I'm still getting the General Error message:
Language file faq_manager.php couldn't be opened.

Any more thoughts???

N :)

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Your language files must also be chmod 77 not the mod's files. I think the only thing that needs chmod for the mod is faq_backup folder...
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

mrsnicolaray

Post by mrsnicolaray » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Before I go changing anything, what do you mean by 'chmod 77'? Also should I reinstate the previous permissions of the mod's files back to what they were?

Thank you :)

ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14 am

That was a typo, I meant chmod 777 (read+write+execute). If you have changed all files of this mod to 777, then this was not a really great idea..
But, first of all make sure that all mod files are in the correct position, because I think that your error is not related to permissions.
Beyond that I can't really help. perhaps you should wait for a reply from the mod author.
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

mrsnicolaray

Post by mrsnicolaray » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:11 am

Definitely check them all, in fact I copied them across again to make sure. It's still coming up with the message:
General Error

I'll wait for the moderator and see if they can help. Thanks for your help in the meantime.

Nicola

ChriZathens

Post by ChriZathens » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:26 am

Oh, man I don't know what to say...
General Error
This indicates that the file cannot be found, but if you say that the files are copied correctly then I'm out of ideas.
Try one last thing : change permissions to 777 at language/en/mods/ directory in case the file cannot be accessed
My mods in MODDB:

mrsnicolaray

Post by mrsnicolaray » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:04 am

I just changed the permissions and refreshed the cache, and unfortunately, it's still not working. Same error message. Let's hope the moderator can help...

Thanks for all your suggestions though.

N

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:14 pm

mrsnicolaray wrote:I just changed the permissions and refreshed the cache, and unfortunately, it's still not working. Same error message. Let's hope the moderator can help...

Thanks for all your suggestions though.
I read your earlier comments...But just for one last time ( Just to clear my head of this trouble :) )..Can you please check if you have the 2 files of the MOD ( i.e. faq_manager.php and info_acp_faq_manager.php ) in the language/en/mods folder?

mrsnicolaray

Post by mrsnicolaray » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:15 am

Yep, I've just checked and they're both there. The mods directory also has 777 permissions and the en directory has 755 permissions.

Any other ideas??

Thanks
N

madguy

Post by madguy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:42 pm

After moving my board to another hosting, I've realised that all chmodding on the old one was wrong, but it somehow worked. So I want to know what permissions must be set for store/faq_backup/ directory.

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:23 pm

Mine is set 777.
Muggins

Bogey

Post by Bogey » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:50 am

Sounds great. Would it work for phpBB 3.0.2?

Midge

Post by Midge » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:40 pm

I copied the files (twice, to be sure), then tried to install the mod via the install_modules.php script in the contrib/ folder. For some reason only a blank page appeared, so I installed the mod manually with the help of this page: http://wiki.phpbb.com/Adding_modules.

Everything looks fine and when I change something, I get the "The FAQ was updated successfully." message. However, even after clearing the cache several times I don't see any change in the FAQ files on my site...
The files and folders mentioned in this thread are set to 777...any ideas what's happening here?

Midge

Post by Midge » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 am

Please ignore my last posting. The MOD is perfect, thank you kindly! :D

speysider
I've Been Banned!

Post by speysider » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:04 pm

How do you actually install this modification?
My forums: http://hw-private.sea-of-lost-souls.net/forum/
My support is given if the user has no file access. Therefore, do NOT straight away do as I asked, and post if you have access to the server. If you do have access, ignore my post, but if you don't, follow my instructions at discretion of the moderating staff here.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”