Genders

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
SGr33n

Re: Genders

Post by SGr33n »

Thank you!
Is this "true" the field that makes it no required?

Code: Select all

'gender'			=> array('num', false, 0, 2),
I need to make it required :)
Thanks again,
m0rpha

Post by m0rpha »

SGr33n wrote:Thank you!
Is this "true" the field that makes it no required?

'gender'			=> array('num', false, 0, 2),
I need to make it required :)
Thanks again,
No it's actually the 'false' (optional = false) that makes it "required".
However, this is only the data valuation, all it does is make sure a value >= 0 and <=2 was entered.
I've been working on an addon to make genders mandatory, click me for details.
Tzunyo

Post by Tzunyo »

thx, it works :)
SGr33n

Post by SGr33n »

Thanks mate :)
upsD

Post by upsD »

hallo...

i have a question: i need an addon mod for gender mod from you evil

you have "Male", "Female" and "None specified" in your mod...
war i searsch is to upgrade the mod to "male", "female", "couple", "transsexuel MtoF", "transsexuel FtoM"

transsexual can be change in tv or ts.
i dont need the not specified, wenn user register he mußt aply one of the option.

wat ,ust i do to ad this in jour code?

i think one : http://www.phpbb.de/viewtopic.php?t=155 ... highlight=

kann man den gender nicht gleich erweitern??? 

[code]   <dl> 
      <dt><label for="gender_x">{L_GENDER}:</label><br /><span>{L_GENDER_EXPLAIN}</span></dt> 
      <dd> 
         <input type="radio" name="gender" id="gender_m" value="{GENDER_M}"<!-- IF S_GENDER_M --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_GENDER_M} 
         <input type="radio" name="gender" id="gender_f" value="{GENDER_F}"<!-- IF S_GENDER_F --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_GENDER_F} 
         <input type="radio" name="gender" id="gender_x" value="{GENDER_X}"<!-- IF S_GENDER_X --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_GENDER_X} 
      </dd> 
   </dl> 
um eine zeile mehr?? oder zwei?
ZB:

<input type="radio" name="gender" id="gender_C" value="{GENDER_C}"<!-- IF S_GENDER_C --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_GENDER_C} 
etc.......

und dann...

//-- mod : Genders ------------------------------------------------------------ 
//-- add 
define('GENDER_F', 2); // Ladies first ;) 
define('GENDER_X', 0); 
define('GENDER_M', 1); 
define('GENDER_C', 3); 
define('GEND              etc............. 
define('      etc............. 

//-- fin mod : Genders 
undsoweiter, undsoweiter?

im prinzip braucht man doch nur bei allen codes die gender die man haben möchte hinzufügen, incl bilder und so weiter...
versteht ihr was ich meine?
da wo gender x steht einfach ne zeile dazu mit dem selben präfix nur als c,f,d,...egal was
hab mindestens 3-5 codes gefunden die man ändern könnte...
was meint ihr dazu, oder muß man die modx.prosilver.en.xsl auch noch ändern?
[/code]

thanks
ups
sorry me englisch, i am german, need traduktor ;-)
hallo, ich versteh nur die hälfte auf englisch, bitte langsam schreiben ;-) danke
http://translate.google.de/
m0rpha

Post by m0rpha »

Last edited by m0rpha on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

Use English, please.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)
m0rpha

Post by m0rpha »

WhiteWolfSix wrote:Use English, please.
How to add additional gender options
Lilfishy

Post by Lilfishy »

Looks like a cool mod however for someone like me who doesn't know much about the php's code yet it is not installable. It should come with a installation for dummies :lol:
denofsha

Post by denofsha »

I'll second the question someone already asked in a form - is there a way to add other options for gender, and if so, how? I would like to install this kind of mod, but I'll have a riot on my hands if I don't at least have an "other" option.
pumpkinkid

Post by pumpkinkid »

Um political correctness is most often incorrect... there should not be and there isn't any reason for there to be an "other" gender... God, Allah, Darwin, Yoda, Lay-Z-Boy... whoever you believe in gave you a set of organs... what type of organs are they? Male or Female... there is no other...

Second, even if you consider yourself to be other than what you truly were meant to be, there are only two genders.... this is a "gender" mod, not a "how do you swing" mod... I could keep ranting but it's pointless...

Anyways, I have a few good uses for this mod, one of which is a gender grouped contest where we will judge females and males separately... Only because its a picture contest for best dressed....
denofsha

Post by denofsha »

pumpkinkid wrote:Um political correctness is most often incorrect... there should not be and there isn't any reason for there to be an "other" gender... God, Allah, Darwin, Yoda, Lay-Z-Boy... whoever you believe in gave you a set of organs... what type of organs are they? Male or Female... there is no other...

Second, even if you consider yourself to be other than what you truly were meant to be, there are only two genders.... this is a "gender" mod, not a "how do you swing" mod... I could keep ranting but it's pointless...
Well, that's one of the more offensive things I've had a chance to hear on this support forum. It's nice to know that MODs come with sermons.

In case it matters to someone who might actually feel like answering the question, I host a message board where the primary membership consists of 13-to-17-year-olds. If you've never dealt with the age-group before, they tend to be contrary and argumentative. I don't as of yet know of anyone on the board who actually would identify as "other" but having such an option will keep down on complaints from the people who are fine with being male or female but feel the need to rebel if given too few choices.
pumpkinkid

Post by pumpkinkid »

Did not mean to be offensive... I too cater to a forum for young audiences, mine goes from 12 to w/e, and like you said I too do not know anyone that would use the other, (at least I don't think) but like I said "political correctness is most often incorrect"

you open yourself up to more complaints if you say "other" like so.
"why are we 'other'?"
"Why do you allow people to choose 'other'?"
"The correct term is {BLANK}"

That's where my rant was still relevant to the mod. I suggest that if you want to allow for them to be more specific about their feelings about themselves that you let them type what they want to say their gender is...

Again sorry for the "sermon"
denofsha

Post by denofsha »

pumpkinkid- are you the one who makes this MOD, in which case I should just take the answer as "no" or should I continue to check this thread waiting for a response to the question, "Is it possible to add more options, and if so, how?"
pumpkinkid

Post by pumpkinkid »

denofsha wrote:pumpkinkid- are you the one who makes this MOD, in which case I should just take the answer as "no" or should I continue to check this thread waiting for a response to the question, "Is it possible to add more options, and if so, how?"
I am not the one that makes this mod, by all means keep waiting, I'm just stating my opinion in supporting the author for not having included that as part of the initial mod.

Given as this is a support site I'm going to bow and let this go by just saying that I did not mean any offense in what I said. Furthermore, if you should require assistance I can help you find the answer, however given that I would spend more time trying to figure it out then you waiting for an answer form the author, I suggest you wait. However PM me if you do want help.

BTW the author is: eviL<3

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”