Genders

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
zzzp

Re: Genders

Post by zzzp »

hello, i just installed this mod im using phpbb 3.0.2 and nothing is shown, nothing changed, i double checked the sql query and the table which it modfies, went to try to register there is no where that someone could put his gender and when to a user profile also there is no gender.. help plz

grantgrant

Post by grantgrant »

Hello:

I had the same problem as you did and after a few hours of "research", I am finally able to figure it out. Check out my brand new, not yet public forum at: fitnesssocial.com.

The mod developer did not explicitly tell us that you need to review at least two installation files: follow my steps below will save you some time
Step1: unzip
Step2: open install.xml in your browser and do everything it asks you to - I believe you have done setting up database with user_gender and updating all the files to your website, you are half way done, but not yet.
Step3: depends on which style you use, you must follow the mod installation for that style - it's located under \templates, prosilver.xml and subsilver.xml: use browser to open the one that is suitable for you.
Step4: follow the installation instruction - note that you must copy those gender icon images to your websites.
Step5: after you are done, do not forget to log into your admin control panel and click on "style" tab, you must refresh both template and imageset to have the gender selection shown.

Finally, log into your profile editing page and enjoy!

I know, it's really confusing, espeically for us first timer. The logic is not hard, it's just sometime we rely too much on instruction that we doubt common sense.

zzzp

Post by zzzp »

thx pal it works now ! :D

zzzp

genders required field

Post by zzzp »

how can i make the gender a required field in the registration form ? im using phpbb 3.0.2 prosilver

upsD

Re: genders required field

Post by upsD »

zzzp wrote:how can i make the gender a required field in the registration form ? im using phpbb 3.0.2 prosilver
look here: http://www.modslair.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=388

grüße
ups
sorry me englisch, i am german, need traduktor ;-)
hallo, ich versteh nur die hälfte auf englisch, bitte langsam schreiben ;-) danke
http://translate.google.de/

zzzp

Post by zzzp »

thx man it worked great!

kicky

Post by kicky »

Terceirense wrote:Go to your ACP and run the Cache, go to Styles on your ACP / Templates and refresh to that on Themes and Imagesets.
I always Purge Cache and Refresh the style everytime I install a mod.
But never refresh the imageset. So I follow your instruction, wala...it works now. :D

Thanks
Be a part of solution better than be part of problems

grantgrant

Post by grantgrant »

Cool, glad it works out fine for all of you, I also added to mandatory gender identification feature on register page.

net83it

Post by net83it »

i don't want to show the pic when a the user gender is not specified.
what have i to do?

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Is Gender Ranks working for anyone?
i don't want to show the pic when a the user gender is not specified.
what have i to do?
You could make the image for non-specified into a single blank pixel, though you would have to set the icon size to 1*1 in the icons file

rediarkcor

Post by rediarkcor »

After all that editing, I got this at the top of my board:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Help. :shock:
Think backwards. You'll figure out who I am a lot faster. ;)

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Save your files with UTF-8 encoding (no BOM): http://ktuk.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3835
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

rediarkcor

Post by rediarkcor »

Thanks! The MOD installed sucessfully. But I can only change a user's gender from the ACP, there's no field in the profile. Unless it's supposed to be that way. :P
I've refreshed the imageset and template for my default style (which isn't prosilver or subsilver btw), and nothing happened.
Think backwards. You'll figure out who I am a lot faster. ;)

mehrdad_epark.ir

Post by mehrdad_epark.ir »

how can I add Genders MOD in registration page( a Require selection) ?

Craig Snyder

Post by Craig Snyder »

Thank you for this mod!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”