Genders

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
upsD

Re: Genders

Post by upsD »

an this http://www.phpbb.de/community/viewtopic.php?p=1002111 ?
ewery one this tested???

upsd

N.B: please learn quote, wenn long please quote short. thx

sorry me englisch, i am german, need traduktor ;-)
hallo, ich versteh nur die hälfte auf englisch, bitte langsam schreiben ;-) danke
http://translate.google.de/

mustang172

Post by mustang172 »

upsD wrote:an this http://www.phpbb.de/community/viewtopic.php?p=1002111 ?
ewery one this tested???

upsd

N.B: please learn quote, wenn long please quote short. thx

You ask for something you've already find, and now you ask if someone has tested it .... so test it yourselves and after tell us what's happen

upsD

Post by upsD »

i cant....
i have phpbb version 3.0.0
the snipet dont wort with the old version....

upsd
hallo, ich versteh nur die hälfte auf englisch, bitte langsam schreiben ;-) danke

mustang172

Post by mustang172 »

so update your phpbb to 3.0.4 :roll:

upsD

Post by upsD »

not this time...
i need some mods how work perfekt, and i cant just now because me user are sensible, i must wait in a time who me user are in vacanci in the summer

important are all the mod wat i need

ups

cd090580

Post by cd090580 »

This mod is compatible with latest version 3.0.4 ???

upsD

Post by upsD »

yes, i think

ups

JeRicHoOL

Post by JeRicHoOL »

i installed this mod, no errors, but i dont see anything in the profile or ucp
i only can see the mod in the acp

whats wrong ? :|

nvm...just found the template folder xD :lol:
great mod, works like a charm

Matthew1992

Post by Matthew1992 »

Thanks for providing such a great MOD, does this MOD actually implement itself into the memberlist?

myjdmwheels

Post by myjdmwheels »

I have installed this mod using automod on my board and installed it with no problems or error. But when I choose a gender under UCP and look at a post i've made it shows blank beside GENDER. Why isn't it showing?

superj707

Post by superj707 »

rediarkcor wrote:After all that editing, I got this at the top of my board:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Help. :shock:

I got the exact SAME ERROR... whats going on here ? someone help please ..

superj707

Post by superj707 »

superj707 wrote:
rediarkcor wrote:After all that editing, I got this at the top of my board:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Help. :shock:

I got the exact SAME ERROR... whats going on here ? someone help please ..

OK for anyone following. The fix to this problem is to re-do the edits with something other than notepad or word. Something about saving with a "BOM" causes a problem. I redid the edits using FREE notepad++ (format set to 'Encode in UTF-8 without BOM') problem solved. good luck

superj707

Post by superj707 »

OK...
first, I needed to use notepad++ to do my edits not notepad... that worked.

next problem, I much like everyone else became super confused having 2 separate sets of instructions both of which need to be followed and neither one makes reference to the other one. (simple change of instructions to explain this would avoid so many wasted hours as this thread is adorned with countless others who encountered similar confusion.)

Now that I have done everything and things should be working:
I STILL NEED HELP

There are no obvious error codes or anything like that but I still don't think things are working well.

the good:
**I can see the option to select gender in the UCP

**In profiles gender and icon are showing.

**in member view list the gender icon is showing

the problem:

**In the posts under the avatar there is no gender information showing up (no label, no icon)

**the default setting seems to be male. Shouldn't everyone be set as "unspecified" until they chose male or female in the UPC ?

** I can't see anything about this mod in the ACP. Shouldn't I have something showing there ?

PLEASE PLEASE ANYONE HELP.. I have spent so much time on this and I'm literally feeling so frustrated that I feel like freaking out. please help.
Attachments
I really think I am suppose to be seeing gender info here. HELP  PLEASE !
I really think I am suppose to be seeing gender info here. HELP PLEASE !
Capture.JPG (35.91 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
I think this is how things are supposed to look here.
I think this is how things are supposed to look here.
members.JPG (37.31 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
I guess it's good that we can see it in the profile but I didn't choose male. This was the default. I want the default to be unspecified. please help and thank you in advance.
I guess it's good that we can see it in the profile but I didn't choose male. This was the default. I want the default to be unspecified. please help and thank you in advance.
profile.JPG (44.48 KiB) Viewed 720 times

superj707

Post by superj707 »

I FIGURED IT OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :arrow: :shock: :arrow: :D :D :D :D :lol: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

ok so the reason that the info was not showing up on my posts under the avatar was because of a problem with viewtopic.php

there is a place in the instructions that want you to add something after

'age' => '',

then again something after

'age' => '',

well

'age' => '', and
'age' => '',

are not the same thing. I was getting confused and sticking both of the required additions under the same line of code instead of in the respective locations.

UGH finally. oh and the problem with the default being male comes when one uses the auto install.
If you have already done that run this line of code through your SQL ... (sorry if you don't know how to do that)

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users CHANGE user_gender `user_gender` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Just go to myphpadmin and find your database click SQL put that line in the box and hit go. It's pretty easy to run these commands that way.

If you really want to run the auto installer that comes with Gender 1.0.1 see this post for more instructions ..
http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/help-with- ... t1844.html

Thanks all.. I hope my mindless hours of confusion helps someone else.

RobE

Post by RobE »

Run the SQL query, but I still get this error:
Keer terug naar het forumoverzicht
Algemene fout
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'user_gender' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE users SET user_icq = '', user_aim = '', user_msnm = 'rengels89@hotmail.com', user_yim = '', user_jabber = '', user_website = 'http://www.sinnoh.nl/', user_from = 'Reeuwijk', user_occ = 'Student hotel-, congres-, evenementenmanagement', user_interests = 'Fotografie, cabaret, lezen en (web)design', user_gender = NULL, user_birthday = '25- 6-1989' WHERE user_id = 2

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php
LINE: 382
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: ucp_profile->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 310
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Gelieve de beheerder of webmaster te contacteren: webmaster@sinnoh.nl.