Genders

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
User avatar
TheSnake
Registered User
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Staffordshire, England, UK
Contact:

Re: Genders

Post by TheSnake » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:12 pm

LP-san wrote:hi it doesn't work

i edited every file even the template but it shows all the ranks -> male, female, and none specified
and in viewtopic gender: (without the image)

also i get this error

Cannot locate File: ./../store/mods////./../store/mods///genders_1.0.1/templates/subsilver2.xml

(with automod)
Re-reading this last few messages I found a possible issue, you referenced in your first message about this, that Automod cannot locate this file (listed above), that file is subSilver, however you've since said your using proSilver theme. Did you make the right code edits to your forum based on Subsilver or Prosilver, also when you uploaded the files including the images, did you upload them to the Prosilver or Subsilver folders?

LP-san
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Genders

Post by LP-san » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:14 pm

I use dreamweaver to edit my code

Activity Stats MOD
Adaptive Quick Search
Anti Double Posts
BBcode Buttons on Quick Reply
Ban List MOD
Categorize Announcements and Stickies
Email on Birthday
IP-address in topic for phpBB3
Karma MOD
MOD Version Check
Moderator Needed
Quick Reply Global
Welcome PM on first Login (WPM)
user warnings / ban info in viewtopic

these are the mods i have installed and fully operational except karma mod doesn't work fully

LP-san
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Genders

Post by LP-san » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:23 pm

TheSnake wrote:
LP-san wrote:hi it doesn't work

i edited every file even the template but it shows all the ranks -> male, female, and none specified
and in viewtopic gender: (without the image)

also i get this error

Cannot locate File: ./../store/mods////./../store/mods///genders_1.0.1/templates/subsilver2.xml

(with automod)
Re-reading this last few messages I found a possible issue, you referenced in your first message about this, that Automod cannot locate this file (listed above), that file is subSilver, however you've since said your using proSilver theme. Did you make the right code edits to your forum based on Subsilver or Prosilver, also when you uploaded the files including the images, did you upload them to the Prosilver or Subsilver folders?

yeah that's what i saw to but i did the changes in Prosilver and uploaded the images in all template files that's what i find so weird

User avatar
TheSnake
Registered User
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Staffordshire, England, UK
Contact:

Re: Genders

Post by TheSnake » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:46 pm

LP-san wrote:I use dreamweaver to edit my code

Activity Stats MOD
Adaptive Quick Search
Anti Double Posts
BBcode Buttons on Quick Reply
Ban List MOD
Categorize Announcements and Stickies
Email on Birthday
IP-address in topic for phpBB3
Karma MOD
MOD Version Check
Moderator Needed
Quick Reply Global
Welcome PM on first Login (WPM)
user warnings / ban info in viewtopic

these are the mods i have installed and fully operational except karma mod doesn't work fully
OK, with regard the other message, about the Style version, if you've edited with Prosilver Instructions & uploaded to Prosilver Theme/Template/Imageset folders, then everything should be ok on that side of the issue.

I have Dreamweaver, just never used it for code editing (I use HTML-Kit), so I'm not sure if there are any issues with the program making mistakes to the files. However there are quite a few MODs you've got there, have you tried to install just a simple clean version of the forum on a test server & only install one or 2 of the mods together & see if anything goes wrong? Also, you mentioned that Karma MOD is not fully functional, I cannot guarantee that is the problem, but as it's not working fully, it could be a cause of conflict.

The only thing I can suggest is to re-do the code edits, manually do them in dreamweaver, or any other code editor (NOT Notepad or Wordpad), then once you have finished, zip up just them edited files & upload them here so we can take a peak at them to see if we can find the problem.

I've just installed Genders onto my second test board (clean install of 3.0.6, only MOD installed so far is Auto Groups MOD) & it works perfect.

User avatar
Ephemeraboy
Registered User
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Bandung Kota Hujan
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar
Contact:

Re: Genders

Post by Ephemeraboy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 pm

i install this in DirtyBoard 2.0 by used Automod..
then it says

Code: Select all

Cannot locate File: ./../store/mods////./../store/mods///templates/prosilver.xml
I had uploaded any related file to dirtyboard...thx..
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
My online shop at
http://www.nefara.com

Avdon
Registered User
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Germany
Name: Danny Alkhaldy

Re: Genders

Post by Avdon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:37 am

Hello,
Thanks for the great mod.
I've installed the mod on my board and everythingis ok, but one. The default gender is "male" not "None specified". And that is some kind of problem. Every user now is "male" and females are so angry :lol: .

I've tried to change that in the acp, but didn't work!

Any help please?

desiii
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Genders

Post by desiii » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:04 pm

TheSnake wrote:
desiii wrote:I don't know if anyone can help me this late in the game, but here goes.

I have this mod installed on 3.0.6 and it all works fine except newly registered members are defaulting to male instead of non-specified. I tried the suggested adjustment to ucp_profile_profile_info.html from page 43:
eviL<3 wrote:In memberlist_view.html you can replace this:

Code: Select all

<label for="gender_x"><input type="radio" name="gender" id="gender_x" value="{GENDER_X}"<!-- IF S_GENDER_X --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_GENDER_X}</label>
With:

Code: Select all

<label for="gender_x"><input type="radio" name="gender" id="gender_x" value="{GENDER_X}"<!-- IF not S_GENDER_M and not S_GENDER_F --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_GENDER_X}</label>
All new registered users should be gender_x by default.
But new registrations are still all defaulting to male. Any ideas???
Thx.
I can almost quarantee that you installed the MOD either by AutoMod or by using the db auto-updater file, they sometimes have an issue in incorrectly setting the SQL.

Completely undo the suggested adjustment to ucp_profile_profile_info.html from page 43 then do the following for MySQL, to fix the problem.

Go to your phpMyAdmin (or whatever your SQL program/interface is), & in the SQL Query Window, enter the following line below, then hit Submit.

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users CHANGE user_gender `user_gender` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
Thanks for getting back to me about this.
Actually it was a manual install. Weird, huh?

I tried doing what you said, but got the following error. I cannot find a user_gender row anywhere.
Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users CHANGE user_gender `user_gender` TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'user_gender' in 'phpbb_users'
EDIT: NM, I did it manually. Looks like it's stored in my database with a prefix that I hadn't noticed before. Works great now, thanks!! :D

User avatar
TheSnake
Registered User
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Staffordshire, England, UK
Contact:

Re: Genders

Post by TheSnake » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Ephemeraboy wrote:i install this in DirtyBoard 2.0 by used Automod..
then it says

Code: Select all

Cannot locate File: ./../store/mods////./../store/mods///templates/prosilver.xml
I had uploaded any related file to dirtyboard...thx..
AutoMod does not always like certain MODs, try doing this manually. Try running this from a test server on your computer if possible, rather than a Live Site first.


Avdon wrote:Hello,
Thanks for the great mod.
I've installed the mod on my board and everythingis ok, but one. The default gender is "male" not "None specified". And that is some kind of problem. Every user now is "male" and females are so angry :lol: .

I've tried to change that in the acp, but didn't work!

Any help please?
Your SQL has not been set correctly, possibly by AutoMod or db_auto_updater. Log into your MySQL Page (phpMyAdmin), SQL Query, then:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users CHANGE user_gender `user_gender` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';


desiii wrote:
TheSnake wrote:
desiii wrote:I don't know if anyone can help me this late in the game, but here goes.

I have this mod installed on 3.0.6 and it all works fine except newly registered members are defaulting to male instead of non-specified. I tried the suggested adjustment to ucp_profile_profile_info.html from page 43:
eviL<3 wrote:In memberlist_view.html you can replace this:

Code: Select all

<label for="gender_x"><input type="radio" name="gender" id="gender_x" value="{GENDER_X}"<!-- IF S_GENDER_X --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_GENDER_X}</label>
With:

Code: Select all

<label for="gender_x"><input type="radio" name="gender" id="gender_x" value="{GENDER_X}"<!-- IF not S_GENDER_M and not S_GENDER_F --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_GENDER_X}</label>
All new registered users should be gender_x by default.
But new registrations are still all defaulting to male. Any ideas???
Thx.
I can almost quarantee that you installed the MOD either by AutoMod or by using the db auto-updater file, they sometimes have an issue in incorrectly setting the SQL.

Completely undo the suggested adjustment to ucp_profile_profile_info.html from page 43 then do the following for MySQL, to fix the problem.

Go to your phpMyAdmin (or whatever your SQL program/interface is), & in the SQL Query Window, enter the following line below, then hit Submit.

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users CHANGE user_gender `user_gender` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
Thanks for getting back to me about this.
Actually it was a manual install. Weird, huh?

I tried doing what you said, but got the following error. I cannot find a user_gender row anywhere.
Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users CHANGE user_gender `user_gender` TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'user_gender' in 'phpbb_users'
EDIT: NM, I did it manually. Looks like it's stored in my database with a prefix that I hadn't noticed before. Works great now, thanks!! :D
Glad you got it sorted. :-D

cgwebdev
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: Genders

Post by cgwebdev » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Hello,

I just installed this MOD step by step about 3 times now, and it still doesn't work.
I refreshed everything, uploaded all files and added the DB table.
I only can set the gender in the ACP but it doesn't view anywhere else on the board, I'm using the phpBB3 3.0.6

Can anybody help me?

best regards

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Genders

Post by spaceace » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:12 pm

cgwebdev wrote:Hello,

I just installed this MOD step by step about 3 times now, and it still doesn't work.
I refreshed everything, uploaded all files and added the DB table.
I only can set the gender in the ACP but it doesn't view anywhere else on the board, I'm using the phpBB3 3.0.6

Can anybody help me?

best regards
you need to do the template edits as well ;)

murdmon
Registered User
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Genders

Post by murdmon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:58 am

I think I did all the edits correctly and I see the gender and image in viewprofile
But I don't see anything in view topic...do anyone know how to make it visible in viewtopic??

cgwebdev
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: Genders

Post by cgwebdev » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 am

Which templates edits? What do I habe to edit there?

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Genders

Post by spaceace » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:17 pm

in the folder genders_1.0.1\templates\... in that folder are the instructions for subsilver2 and prosilver styles as well as the image files that get uploaded to your site.
genders.gif
genders.gif (5.83 KiB) Viewed 1198 times

cgwebdev
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: Genders

Post by cgwebdev » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks, got it and it works.

~ stupid me :D

cgwebdev
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: Genders

Post by cgwebdev » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm

How can I set a "standard" gender when somebody register?

ATM when someone register he get's the gender Male, how can I change it so every new one will get None specified?

EDIT: Solved it, thanks!

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”