Soft Delete

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Bigwebmaster

Re: Soft Delete

Post by Bigwebmaster »

Make sure you enable:

'Can hard delete posts'

for the administrator group.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Bigwebmaster,

I have successfully made the changes you outlined, and thank you!

One thing remains. I would love to have the option to hard-delete a topic rather than having to hard-delete the posts within the topic one-by-one. Any good thoughts?
Muggins
Bigwebmaster

Post by Bigwebmaster »

You would simply need to setup some kind of accessible link to Delete the topic again I believe.

Without testing I think this would be the code to be changed:

Code: Select all

$topic_mod .= (($auth->acl_get('m_harddelete', $forum_id) || $auth->acl_get('m_delete', $forum_id)) && !$topic_data['topic_deleted']) ? '<option value="delete_topic">' . $user->lang['DELETE_TOPIC'] . '</option>' : '';
if (!isset($user->lang['UNDELETE_TOPIC']) && (($auth->acl_get('m_harddelete', $forum_id) || $auth->acl_get('m_delete', $forum_id)) && $topic_data['topic_deleted']))                                    
{                                
        $user->add_lang('mods/soft_delete');                                 
}      
$topic_mod .= (($auth->acl_get('m_harddelete', $forum_id) || $auth->acl_get('m_delete', $forum_id)) && $topic_data['topic_deleted']) ? '<option value="undelete_topic">' . $user->lang['UNDELETE_TOPIC'] . '</option>' : '';
Try changing to this:

$topic_mod .= (($auth->acl_get('m_harddelete', $forum_id) || $auth->acl_get('m_delete', $forum_id)) ) ? '<option value="delete_topic">' . $user->lang['DELETE_TOPIC'] . '</option>' : '';
if (!isset($user->lang['UNDELETE_TOPIC']) && (($auth->acl_get('m_harddelete', $forum_id) || $auth->acl_get('m_delete', $forum_id)) && $topic_data['topic_deleted']))                                    
{                                
}      
$topic_mod .= (($auth->acl_get('m_harddelete', $forum_id) || $auth->acl_get('m_delete', $forum_id)) && $topic_data['topic_deleted']) ? '<option value="undelete_topic">' . $user->lang['UNDELETE_TOPIC'] . '</option>' : '';
That should make the Delete Topic link show up above the Undelete Topic link once the topic was deleted for the first time.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Thanks again! I'll get a chance to test it today, I hope. :|

Edit: It works like a charm, sir! :mrgreen:
Muggins
mykee

Post by mykee »

Bigwebmaster wrote:You would simply need to setup some kind of accessible link to Delete the topic again I believe.

Without testing I think this would be the code to be changed:

$topic_mod .= (($auth->acl_get('m_harddelete', $forum_id) || $auth->acl_get('m_delete', $forum_id)) && !$topic_data['topic_deleted']) ? '<option value="delete_topic">' . $user->lang['DELETE_TOPIC'] . '</option>' : '';
{                                
}      
Try changing to this:

$topic_mod .= (($auth->acl_get('m_harddelete', $forum_id) || $auth->acl_get('m_delete', $forum_id)) ) ? '<option value="delete_topic">' . $user->lang['DELETE_TOPIC'] . '</option>' : '';
{                                
}      
That should make the Delete Topic link show up above the Undelete Topic link once the topic was deleted for the first time.
Thanks, but please how can I modify to 3.00 version? Other codes modify is ok, but this not. :( This lines different under 3.00 version. I cannot upgrade to fresh version, because I use a few mods...
Thanks!
mykee

Post by mykee »

I have other problem too:
when I copy a topic to other place then new topic viewed value not reset to 0. How can I fix it under 3.00 version?
Bigwebmaster

Post by Bigwebmaster »

I have no idea, I am using this with 3.0.5 and it seems to work fine.

I would recommend you upgrade phpBB to the current release. My board uses about 50+ mods and I upgraded, I am sure you can reinstall your mods if you are only using a few ;)
DutchToxophilite

Post by DutchToxophilite »

Hi.

I'm pretty sure my question has not been addressed here (in this topic) yet, but if my search was not performed correctly, please point me to the correct posts.

As one of the participants already mentioned in one of his posts, it is possible for users to SoftDelete a post. Although you would suspect otherwise, if you look at the permissions. The fact that the users can SoftDelete a post, or recover it does not bug me at all. No problem there.
It is even not possible for them to SoftDelete anymore, after the "EditTime" has been expired.

BUT the users are able to recover the SoftDelete, even if the "EditTime" has been expired.
Can somebody help me a bit to make sure that only a moderator or admin can recover a SoftDeleted post after the EditTime has expired?

grtz,
Twan
You are never to old to be stubern.....
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Ok, first off, thanks for a great mod idea. I help moderate another board that runs vBulletin and has the soft-delete feature and I love it.

But the problem is, I used AutoMod to install it and it said everything installed properly, but I can't see any new permissions or any new delete thing to soft delete. I'm pretty sure it installed properly, but I see no change. I'm going to try reinstalling it and see what happens. :)
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Heretiqu3

Post by Heretiqu3 »

Awesome mod! Thank you ~~

request: it is possible to make deleted posts on grey background?
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Ok, as an update to my previous post, it seems AutoMod hadn't copied any of the actual files, only did the file edits. :cry:

So I copied the new files, ran the install.php file, and now I still am stuck. The only thing I see that is new is a permission called {acl_m_harddelete}. If I want all of my mods only to be able to soft delete, what should that permission be set to for them? Thanks!
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
FladeX
Name: Max Istlyaev

Post by FladeX »

Russian translation for this mod
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

and sorry for my bad english [ phpBB Adept ]
My mods: Sitemap FX, Referrals FX, Topiclist FX, Alphabet FX, Polls Results FX.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

FladeX wrote:Russian translation for this mod
MKULTRA

Post by MKULTRA »

I am having an issue where a soft deleted post displays as the last post in the forum index, however, when you click on it it does not exist or when you got into view topic it does not show up. Where do I go to correct or fix this?

UPDATE: I seemed to have fixed this issue.
zach'

Post by zach' »

Thanks for this great mod EXreaction,

It works fine on 3.0.5, :D

Is it possible that modérator could'nt see all soft deleted topics, but only administrator ? :oops:

Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”