Soft Delete

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Renodil

Re: Soft Delete

Post by Renodil »

jmjm003 wrote:
Also I have just found that when deleting a post by using the X button on it a check box is now there and when I checked it before clicking yes that I wanted to soft delete this post it locked the topic afterwards.
Just to make sure I'm not having the same problem as you.

I go to a topic and select a post to delete. I delete this post by using the delete button (next to the edit button) in the upper right hand corner of the post.
The next screen has the new box you can check to do a hard delete. You checked the hard delete box and then clicked yes to delete. It deleted the post and then locked the topic?

My install of the mod does not lock the topic after a soft/hard delete. I can soft or hard delete at this point without any issues other than the one I pointed out earlier.

Did I misunderstand you on the problem?

@EXreaction
The above problem I posted for you, also exist in print topic.
Never mind. It's working the way it should now. BTW is there supposed to be text next to the check box that says something like, "Check this box to hard delete" or something as there is nothing there right now.
EXreaction wrote:
Renodil wrote:Let me see if I got this straight. I would change all instances of

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED --> reported<!-- ENDIF -->
to

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED --> deleted<!-- ENDIF -->
and in the colours.css add

.deleted (
	background-color: #E1EBF2;
)
Is this right?

Also I have just found that when deleting a post by using the X button on it a check box is now there and when I checked it before clicking yes that I wanted to soft delete this post it locked the topic afterwards.
Something like that. Not all of the sections will be exactly postrow.S_POST_DELETED though.

I do not understand where you are talking about for that.
I want the color of soft deleted posts to be either default E1EBF2 or better yet why have a specific color at all. Why not just leave them with the default colors of the posts which are either E1EBF2 or ECF3F7? Could you show me what to modify to leave the default colors by showing me what code to find and alter like you do in the install.xml file?
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

No, I do not write up mods for people for free.

Just remove all the template added code except

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED --><div class="notice">{postrow.DELETED_MESSAGE}<br/></div><!-- ENDIF -->
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

You should only need to undelete 1 post to undelete a topic.
To make sure my install is working as it should minus the issues of soft deleted topics showing in topic review and print topic.

As an example. I use the quick tools to delete a topic that contains 10 post. I then undelete one post within this topic.
The topic once again shows within the forum, only showing the one post that was undeleted. The other nine remain soft deleted until I click each one to undelete.
Is that how it's designed to work? Did I miss something on installing it?

Regardless, I do not feel as if most mods or admins would delete the whole topic based on a few bad post. It's easier to just delete the selected post and wait for me to decide what to do next. I just thought it would be a nice option to be able to undelete a topic if deleted without selecting each post.

If I have a problem with my install then this request is useless as it is already there.

Thank you for your work!
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

EXreaction wrote:No, I do not write up mods for people for free.

<!-- IF postrow.S_POST_DELETED --><div class="notice">{postrow.DELETED_MESSAGE}<br/></div><!-- ENDIF -->
Sorry. Wasn't aware that's what I was asking. Could you at least tell me which file that line of code is in?
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

jmjm003 wrote:
You should only need to undelete 1 post to undelete a topic.
To make sure my install is working as it should minus the issues of soft deleted topics showing in topic review and print topic.

As an example. I use the quick tools to delete a topic that contains 10 post. I then undelete one post within this topic.
The topic once again shows within the forum, only showing the one post that was undeleted. The other nine remain soft deleted until I click each one to undelete.
Is that how it's designed to work? Did I miss something on installing it?

Regardless, I do not feel as if most mods or admins would delete the whole topic based on a few bad post. It's easier to just delete the selected post and wait for me to decide what to do next. I just thought it would be a nice option to be able to undelete a topic if deleted without selecting each post.

If I have a problem with my install then this request is useless as it is already there.

Thank you for your work!
Yes, it is working as it should.

I won't be adding that because I think it will just confuse people (especially if some of the posts should have been deleted). To set it up "nicer" so that it acts the way one would expect it to would with deleting/reviving topics it would take much more work.

They shouldn't delete an entire topic anyways.
Renodil wrote:
EXreaction wrote:No, I do not write up mods for people for free.

Sorry. Wasn't aware that's what I was asking. Could you at least tell me which file that line of code is in?
It says in the install instructions. ;)
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

Hey man. Where's the 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 in the contrib? You only got 1.0.6 to 1.0.8. I've already updated to 1.0.7 though, so I would have to reverse engineer that before I could use the 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 which is kind of a pain.
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

In the install.xml it has.

2008-03-02- Version 1.0.8

1 more bug fixed. To update from 1.0.7 simply upload the files, except the install.php file, from the root/ directory to your phpBB3 root directory.

Renodil

Post by Renodil »

OK. Thanks. It works now, but I get this when being asked to hard delete the topic. HARD_DELETE_TOPIC. Is that what I'm supposed to see?
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

Should say Hard Delete and have a box to the left of it.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Renodil wrote:OK. Thanks. It works now, but I get this when being asked to hard delete the topic. HARD_DELETE_TOPIC. Is that what I'm supposed to see?
You did not follow the earlier upgrade instructions correctly. There was a language entry that needed to be added.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

1.0.9 is up. Fixes the bug in posting review.

Print view works perfectly fine though.
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

Print view works perfectly fine though.
You are correct, I was logged in as admin at the time I reported that. (DOH!)

I've updated and it looks as if you killed the topic review bug. Good job!
Now, lets see if I can find any other bugs for you.

I thank you for all of your work you have done on this mod. I personally find it to be a very useful addition to my board. Now if all the major bugs are out of the way, I can go live with it.

Test time!
Renodil

Post by Renodil »

EXreaction wrote:
Renodil wrote:OK. Thanks. It works now, but I get this when being asked to hard delete the topic. HARD_DELETE_TOPIC. Is that what I'm supposed to see?
You did not follow the earlier upgrade instructions correctly. There was a language entry that needed to be added.
I did so. I just double checked now too and it's all correct.

Update: I just got done reverse-engineering the entire thing so it was no longer on the forum and then did the entire install from the latest 1.0.9 version and it still says HARD_DELETE_TOPIC. Could you please tell me which language entry I should be checking out?
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Oops, I was thinking of a different field that was added.

That entry was added to the language/en/mods/soft_delete.php file.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineer
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

Hello EXreaction.
I can't say for a fact my problem is a direct result of your MOD.
Best I've been able to do to this point is narrow it down to the file causing the problem.

My problem is posted here.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=818075

The file that appears to be the problem is root/viewtopic.php .
Most of the edits have to do with your mod. There is also Evils Quick reply. That was the first mod I installed for phpbb3. If I replace the file with a clean version the problem goes away.

Given, the problem I'm having could have happened sometime back. Just never noticed it. How often do you have someone use a subject with -- in it. Using - - doesn't cause any problems. Only when it's --. If you could verify for me if it's a bug with soft delete and firefox using -- in the subject I would appreciate it very much. I can at least move on if it's not yours.

Thank you Sir!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”