Soft Delete

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Soft Delete

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Soft Delete
Author: Dugi
Modification description: Changes the current hard delete scheme to all soft deleting for posts and topics. Also includes the option to undelete posts and topics after they have been soft deleted. New permissions give the option to allow administrators and/or moderators to hard delete posts/topics after they have already been soft deleted.

Warning: A number of bugs seem to exist when using this with newer versions of phpBB, it IS NOT RECOMMENDED that you use this modification anymore.

UPDATE:

As of September 15th 2013, I (Dugi) took over development of this modification. I'm currently trying to list all bugs and feature requests and I'm going to need everyone's help for this. Once I have a list with all caught bugs and your requests, I'll fix/add them all and provide an up to date package. Hopefully I'll manage to do all this before the 3.1 release, which will have the Soft Delete feature included by default.

Refer to this topic to report bugs or request features.

Modification version: 1.0.15
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.6

Download file: Soft Delete 1.0.15.zip
File size: 93.84 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 21 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Soft Delete

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Soft Delete

Post by EXreaction »

Starting with 1.0.11, you must be running >= phpBB 3.0.1 to install this. If you are still running phpBB 3.0.0 or earlier, follow the instructions in contrib/install_phpBB300.xml

Some quick screenshots of what a post looks like when it is soft deleted:
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/forum/vie ... f=31&t=389

Support by the author is only provided at http://www.lithiumstudios.org
A small fee is required for support by the author unless otherwise specified by the author in the release topic.
Bug reports are accepted and, if confirmed as a bug, you will receive support for fixing the bug for free by the mod author.
Last edited by EXreaction on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
GregorK

Re: Soft Delete

Post by GregorK »

Great mod!
What I found out is after you soft/hard delete a thread, the last post still shows up on the forums "LAST POST" quick link.

Here are German translations:

Code: Select all

'acl_f_delete'		=> array('lang' => 'Kann eigene Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'actions'),

'acl_m_delete'		=> array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),
	'acl_m_harddelete'	=> array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge hart löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'DELETED_POST_SHOW'				=> 'Dieser Beitrag wurde weich gelöscht. Klick hier um den Beitrag anzuzeigen.',
	'TOPIC_SOFT_DELETED'			=> 'Dieses Thema wurde gelöscht.',
));

'DELETED_POST_SHOW'				=> 'Dieser Beitrag wurde weich gelöscht. Klick hier um den Beitrag anzuzeigen.',
	'POST_IS_DELETED'				=> 'Dieser Beitrag wurde von %1$s in %2$s weich gelöscht . Klicke %3$shier%4$s um den Beitrag wieder herzustellen.',
	'POST_SHOW_NO_JS'				=> 'Du musst Javascript aktiviert haben um diesen Beitrag anzuzeigen.',
));
goethe

Post by goethe »

GregorK wrote:

'acl_m_delete'		=> array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),
	'acl_m_harddelete'	=> array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge hart löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),
Should be:

'acl_m_harddelete'	=> array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge hard löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),
I can translate German in both directions:
German to English
English to German
If you want a translation, drop me a PM.
SecondShoe

Post by SecondShoe »

Is this mod available for ProSilver only?
My default style is SubSilver based but there is soft_delete.js only for ProSilver. Can I use it for SubSilver?
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

It isn't too difficult for it to be made for subsilver2.

Sometime soon I will be updating the package and I'll be sure to list the changes required for subsilver2.
goethe

Post by goethe »

GregorK wrote:Great mod!
What I found out is after you soft/hard delete a thread, the last post still shows up on the forums "LAST POST" quick link.

'acl_f_delete' => array('lang' => 'Kann eigene Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'actions'),

'acl_m_delete' => array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),
'acl_m_harddelete' => array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge hart löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),

'DELETED_POST_SHOW' => 'Dieser Beitrag wurde weich gelöscht. Klick hier um den Beitrag anzuzeigen.',
'TOPIC_SOFT_DELETED' => 'Dieses Thema wurde gelöscht.',
));

'DELETED_POST_SHOW' => 'Dieser Beitrag wurde weich gelöscht. Klick hier um den Beitrag anzuzeigen.',
'POST_IS_DELETED' => 'Dieser Beitrag wurde von %1$s in %2$s weich gelöscht . Klicke %3$shier%4$s um den Beitrag wieder herzustellen.',
'POST_SHOW_NO_JS' => 'Du musst Javascript aktiviert haben um diesen Beitrag anzuzeigen.',
));
I've made all the necessary corrections::

'acl_f_delete' => array('lang' => 'Kann eigene Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'actions'),

'acl_m_delete' => array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),
'acl_m_harddelete' => array('lang' => 'Kann Beiträge hard löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),

));

'POST_IS_DELETED' => 'Dieser Beitrag wurde von %1$s in %2$s weich gelöscht . Klicke %3$shier%4$s um den Beitrag wieder herzustellen.',
'POST_SHOW_NO_JS' => 'Du muBt Javascript aktiviert um diesen Beitrag anzuzeigen haben .',
));
B = Esset
German to English
English to German
GregorK

Post by GregorK »

I'm actually not very sure why you would write the german word 'hart' with a d at the end...??
well...

If you like to have the other translation from the soft_delete.php and info_mcp_soft_delete.php language file just drop me a message.
goethe

Post by goethe »

GregorK wrote:I'm actually not very sure why you would write the german word 'hart' with a d at the end...??
well...

If you like to have the other translation from the soft_delete.php and info_mcp_soft_delete.php language file just drop me a message.
You online-translated didn't you. :|

hart = hard as in knock, knok (like hard-tack candy)
hard = hard copy

so: Sie Koennen Beiträge hart löschen. (Formally, since we don't necessarily know these people. They probably are not casual friends with the phpBB interface.)
means: You can delete a hard copy of your contributions.

German is a very contextual language. I'm a member of the German National Honor Society Alpha Epselon ***, my translation is highly accurate. ;)

Your translation was very good, Gregork, but there are some things that don't seem right to me and yet that is just how they are. I keep trying to get Frau to let us re-invent the German language but she won't have it. "What would be the fun in that...?" She says.

Ooooooooooh! Crap! I forgot formalities!

I've made ALL the necessary corrections:: (it should be near perfect now. :D )

'acl_f_delete' => array('lang' => 'Sie koennen eigene Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'actions'),

'acl_m_delete' => array('lang' => 'Sie koennen Beiträge weich löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),
'acl_m_harddelete' => array('lang' => 'Sie koennen Beiträge hard löschen', 'cat' => 'post_actions'),

));

'POST_SHOW_NO_JS' => 'Du muBt Javascript aktiviert um diesen Beitrag anzuzeigen haben .',
));
B = Esset[/quote]
German to English
English to German
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

I would like to keep this topic more for support for the Soft Delete Mod. If possible could you two continue the discussion in PM's until you decide on something final? :)
goethe

Post by goethe »

Sure. Sorry to er, ah, interrupt.

Edit:

Here is finished translation. You may need to edit the finds and replaces. :oops:
View File
German to English
English to German
Pseudonym

Post by Pseudonym »

EXreaction, many thanks for this excellent mod. I've always thought a soft-delete option is a much better system than an unforgiving hard-delete.

Have you considered adding any other features to this mod? With a little tweaking, it could become THE essential tool for phpbb3 moderators.

Here's how I think it could work...
When a moderator edits someone elses post, it automatically copies and soft-deletes a snapshot of the original post. That way, an archive of the unedited post is kept for reference. You'd just need to add a new column to record who deleted it.

I'd be very keen to help you develop this. I'm a good-but-not-expert php programmer (I did release one mod for phpbb2) and I'm not yet familiar with the inner workings of phpbb3. Still, if there's anything I can do, I'm happy to help.

Let me know what you think. :)
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

That would be a different mod. This mod is already larger than I like.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Pseudonym wrote:EXreaction, many thanks for this excellent mod. I've always thought a soft-delete option is a much better system than an unforgiving hard-delete.

Have you considered adding any other features to this mod? With a little tweaking, it could become THE essential tool for phpbb3 moderators.

Here's how I think it could work...
When a moderator edits someone elses post, it automatically copies and soft-deletes a snapshot of the original post. That way, an archive of the unedited post is kept for reference. You'd just need to add a new column to record who deleted it.

I'd be very keen to help you develop this. I'm a good-but-not-expert php programmer (I did release one mod for phpbb2) and I'm not yet familiar with the inner workings of phpbb3. Still, if there's anything I can do, I'm happy to help.

Let me know what you think. :)
Prime Post Revisions should do that.
EXreaction wrote:That would be a different mod. This mod is already larger than I like.
I hear what your saying. My Trash Bin MOD also grew way bigger than I would have liked. I'm especially disatisfied with all the template modifications it requires. Still trying to think up a way around that....
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”