Soft Delete

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: Soft Delete

Post by EXreaction » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:44 am

If I knew I would have told you. ;)

SayTinh

Post by SayTinh » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 am

anythign wrong with phpbb 3.0.0 installation?

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:55 am

Thank you for this MOD. I do have a small request. I would like to have the the deletion show a message for ALL to see that a post was soft deleted by the user, or admin or moderator.
not really delete the post, but leave it empty. an empty post with no joined date, no avatar, no subject ( so that the post is 'thin' ) etc and just show the soft delete message and date probably is all that's left.

Possible?

ptex

Post by ptex » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:38 am

Hi,
I installed this mod, activated the admin permission to "hard delete", cleared the cache and yet, when I "soft delete" a post or a topic and I visit it after I don't see the option to "Undelete" (not even in the moderation panel or quick mod tools). When deleting I see the checkbox to hard delete. Also, from the admin account the soft-deleted post looks exactly like all others, how can I tell which post(s)/topic(s) has been soft-deleted? Should there be a label or a different color in the post/thread?

I rechecked all the file changes step by step and they're all exactly as mentioned in the install.xml file.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:18 pm

@SayTinh, no, it works as advertised.

ptex, me, too! I got mad at a forum on my board yesterday, and noticed that a deleted topic still appears uncolored to admins, but a second delete will be a hard delete, and the challenge does appear.

I think it needs a tweak or two, but all-in-all an excellent mod! Since EXreaction has submitted it to the DB, maybe he can help us figure out the minor changes?
Muggins

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:56 pm

Make sure you've refreshed your template.

ptex

Post by ptex » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Tried refreshing too and doesn't work.

I'm using the template ProSilver_Gold and followed every step in the installation modx.

I wonder if there's a way to test it, I mean to "force" the color and the undelete link to appear? ProSilver_Gold is a variation from the Prosilver style and the code to search and replace is the same. I know thismod is working because after "soft deleting" something when I try to delete it again it asks if I want to permanently delete the post/topic.

Soft deleted topics and posts show no color difference and no link to undelete.

I agree with you muggins: it's an excellent mod!!

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:05 pm

I am using Swanky, but the prosilver edits work fine for me. Sorry for your troubles.
Muggins

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:49 am

Did you install it for prosilver gold?

BlooLagoo

Post by BlooLagoo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:01 am

I know I've said it before, but I'm saying it again. This is my favourite phpBB extension.

I modfiy it slightly with the use of jQuery so the post is hidden and instead a "This post was deleted blah blah" message appears, and when you click the link in it the hidden post slides into view.

ptex

Post by ptex » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:13 am

EXreaction wrote:Did you install it for prosilver gold?
Yes. Any suggestion to solve this is most welcome!

I wonder the following: is there a way to view all soft-deleted posts / topics across different forums/subforums of the same board in one place?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:40 pm

ptex wrote:
EXreaction wrote:Did you install it for prosilver gold?
Yes. Any suggestion to solve this is most welcome!

I wonder the following: is there a way to view all soft-deleted posts / topics across different forums/subforums of the same board in one place?
If you've installed the mod on that template and it is installed correctly in viewtopic and the templates have been refreshed it will show the link on the bottom for un-deleting a post.

No, there is no way to do that in this mod.

ptex

Post by ptex » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:02 pm

I owe you an apology EXreaction: I never really refreshed the template before (although I thought so), only refreshed the... (I know you'll laugh of this) browser... :oops:

As soon as I refreshed the template (went to "ACP" - selected the "Styles" tab, clicked on "Templates" on the left panel, then "Refresh" on the "prosilver_gold" template and answered "Yes" to the confirmation question) the un-delete link appeared!
It shows like this:
This post was soft deleted by username on 16 Sep 2008 00:09. Click here to un-delete this post.

Thanks for your wonderful support EXreaction!
If I may leave a suggestion for the modX install documentation it would be this probably with the precise instructions on how to refresh the template (you have all kinds of forum admins out there ;) ).

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:05 pm

No problem.

Yes, it certainly should say that in the instructions. If I ever do update the mod again I will fix those instructions. :)

Mishkin

Post by Mishkin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:49 pm

hello I am trying to add this to my board. I've changed and uploaded all the neccessary file but the installer is giving me this error:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Duplicate column name 'post_deleted' [1060]

SQL

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_posts` ADD COLUMN `post_deleted` mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 618
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 910
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->_sql_run_sql()

FILE: install.php
LINE: 33
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->sql_column_add()
That said the mod seems to work fine, mod included!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”